What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Addison Gillam

A little too early to be telling people 'told you so' isn't it? CSU may be the worst team we see all season.
They may be, but we needed the bad team to get confidence up, for buy in by the players and to have extra umpf to pull through tight spots in future games. We needed CSU as a patsy.

A little too early to be telling people 'told you so' isn't it? CSU may be the worst team we see all season.
Maybe, but those people dissing this staff for not getting higher rates players kinda irked me. As bad as we were, this staff did fine and can spot talent.

what a game the kid had!.....plus we only had ONE false start penalty!...can you say coaching!!

I saw him make a fair amount of mistakes too. At times he reacted late to what was going on and his angles could be worked on. Also taking on the blocker at the point of attack, needs to keep those arms extended and the guy off his body so he can shed. But for a two star, and a freshman, he showed a lot of promise. Good natural instincts to build on. I have seen guys like this get over coached and bogged down with knowledge burying their instincts under assignments. Hopefully they let him learn the game some more before increasing his responsibilities. Needs to be on the field a lot, they said he didn't have a lot if experience.

But he is a nice find, the exact kind of kid they talked about finding by having good relationships with high school coaches.

Good instincts for sure, but most impressively, he was very good in pass coverage. The kid seems to have legit speed to go with his size.

Who has got the gif of Gillam's sledgehammer hit?

Not the greatest quality but....

4TgVgHYiQvQ.gif

Such a huge heads up play...that was a game changer too. Great to see young kids playing great..and the older kids getting so much better. Getting taught, trained, and used correctly according to thier abilities.

I better stop now. I am getting choked up. I thought those days of quality football with a team that looks cofident and copentent were gone forever.

When they showed the replay live from behind you could see Gillam was breaking on the ball long before the QB threw it. Great play.

Ok. I'll say it - I'm just a little apprehensive on how he'll hold up v Pac-12 tight ends (Safarian-Jenkins, Lyerla, etc)
but overall, totally impressed!

After film review, set a single game frosh record with 18 tackles. He's gonna blow Dizon's season record out of the water.

Back