What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After 3 hours of sleep

Sure seemed like "opposite day".

We were prepped that Gonzalez would kickoff and Graham would kick FG - and this would be a weak spot.
Turned out that was all opposite. All of it.

We expected our O-Line to be our strength. They were awful. Did anyone see Nembot get knocked on his ass after a punch to the chest? Oh boy.

We expected our Offense to be at least as good as last year, although I was told by the great Tini that the WR's were deeper and better. Nobody could get open all night except Spruce on small little routes. The rest were blanketed. We had one deep pass overthrown all night. NOBODY was open all night.

I was told how Crawley was ready for the next step. He looked awful. The pick by Thompson got called back because Crawley reached out and hugged his man as he was getting beat, for no reason btw. The ball was in the air fluttering like a dead duck.

We were told we'd commit to the running game. Most believed that was Hawaii's defensive weakness. We gave up on it in the 3rd quarter for reasons beyond me.

Bright spots: Defensive front was pretty solid all night. The safety play was good. Witherspoon, Crawley and Awuzie were mostly ok. They made a few errors but that happens. Defense overall wasn't awful, just had a letdown on that last touchdown and Crawley's errors. Special team coverage was excellent (minus giving up block) - guys covered their lanes and it looked solid. Run game with QB under center worked all night. Sefo rambled and kept them honest.

Funny thing on 'Tini. He can only look at evidence in the most optimistic light.

But going in, he said that he thought we would beat Hawaii 70 or 80% of the time. After watching the game last night, I agree. We were horrible, I can't deny that. But somehow, I agree with 'Tini here. I think we win that stupid game 70% of the time.

I agree. But he was dismissive of so many things without facts.

Wittek sucks because he never played at USC.
Tom Mason (their DC) sucks because he was last at SMU, ignoring the guy had some good Defenses in the past.

I swear it's the football Gods punishing his ass.

I agree. But he was dismissive of so many things without facts.

Wittek sucks because he never played at USC.
Tom Mason (their DC) sucks because he was last at SMU, ignoring the guy had some good Defenses in the past.

I swear it's the football Gods punishing his ass.
It's really the only explanation at this point. We're all victims of a theological joke.

Dumber than 100% of the teams we face and less talented than about 75%. Glad I spent about a day and a half getting interested in this season instead of the 5 months of years past.

Well, we've had a bunch. But this deflated a lot of energy the fanbase was bringing into the season. RG needed to give the donors something here--he can't be happy.

You can only build so many IPFs to get out of a recruiting rut and build positive momentum. Maybe we can get new unis. Kids love that ****!

You can only build so many IPFs to get out of a recruiting rut and build positive momentum. Maybe we can get new unis. Kids love that ****!
And elementary-school-aged girls!

Also, I think the number on IPFs is actually just one.

Do you think the uniform worshipers will start another thread on what our attire will look like next week?

As SD Buff told me once, if you look sharp, you play sharp.

Imagine how much more unpleasant last night could have been in gold helmets and black pants? [/shudder]

A fair critique, Skiddy, but isn't that part of the whole deal? There was genuine excitement from a lot of people about the upcoming season. A win last night and that momentum (including snazzy new uniforms) continues to build. Lose and suddenly uniforms and stadium expansions just don't seem as significant.

A fair critique, Skiddy, but isn't that part of the whole deal? There was genuine excitement from a lot of people about the upcoming season. A win last night and that momentum (including snazzy new uniforms) continues to build. Lose and suddenly uniforms and stadium expansions just don't seem as significant.

Winning is one hell of a fashion accessory.

Last night goes to show its the players that make the uniform; not the other way around.

The upgrades that were supposed to bring better recruits will now focus on bringing better coaches?

Well, I'm going to hang in a bit longer before going completely negative. But, man, I feel like a pall is hanging over my weekend. I have this constant, sick feeling in my gut.

Well, I'm going to hang in a bit longer before going completely negative. But, man, I feel like a pall is hanging over my weekend. I have this constant, sick feeling in my gut.
DBT is always the last to check out on a staff. This doesn't look good.

These are the type of losses that kill programs.

But how does one kill that which is already dead?

Sefo needs to bump up against his linemen and tell them that they need to think faster and play tougher. We need the cameras to pick that up. Our junior QB should be visibly pissed when the team he is leading isn't getting it done. Too nice. Too much deer in the headlights when something isn't working for him. Running game got better but the whole committee thing needs to stop. Just because you have three or more backs with experience doesn't mean you need to rotate them in game. Adkins proved he had it last night, with the occasional Lindsay mixed in to throw them off with a different running style. Went away from the run game when CU was still very much in the hunt for a comeback. That's clueless offensive gameplanning and shows a real lack of fundamental understanding of the offensive coordinator and head coach to make adjustments when something is or isn't working. Not enough George Frazier touches once he got in the game. How much could we really see when there were mostly 3-and-outs and turnovers? Would have been nice to see Keeney on the field in an attempt to get some offense out of the TE position. OL getting pushed back was not nice. Nembot the bullfighter let a charging Warrior past his right side with ease and that was one of the first guys to stop Powell en route to stripping the ball.

Defensive intensity was much better and the big bright spot. You bet that's on Leavitt. Best hire in MM's history as a head coach. DL was fairly disruptive. Not much info on the 'backers. Awuzie and Thompson are definitely the stars of the defense. I have the same regret with those guys that I do Tyler Hansen: That they're already juniors and will be gone soon without much good in CU history to show for the value they brought to the team. For the __th consecutive year our corners still need to be taught to turn around. Coach Clark possibly in over his head as an X's and O's position coach?

Special teams was awful. If anybody was on the fence about whether Neinas has been responsible for the majority of the gaffes they need to watch the game. Counterintuitive participation in the kicking unit. I'll give Kinney more leeway since it was his first collegiate game and Hawaii sold out many times for the block. Diego and Chris Graham need to switch jerseys when Neinas isn't looking. For the good of the team, in the event it helps at all.

Good thing they have more than a week between games. Where do you start in getting this fixed for UMass? Film room or the practice field?

Back