What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After that punt, I'm done with HCMM

I am a sunshine pumper and am not ready to give up on M2 yet but for every positive I see a couple of negatives.

He has a very short time to make some quantifiable steps forward or Rich George, the AD that didn't hire him in the first place, is not going to be willing to let him sink his legacy and replace him. What we think doesn't matter but what RG thinks does and he is to success oriented to wait much longer.

The chances of converting on the 4th and 4 were close to zero. The OL was bad to start with and made worse by the shuffling created by injuries, Oregon was completely in charge of the LOS.

We still should have gone though because punting gave the message that we were done, that the game was over.

For all practical purposes it was over when we punted because as low as the odds were of converting they at that point were at least as good as our chances of stopping the Ducks from either burning up the clock or scoring points. As bad as our OL was our defensive front 7 was worse. We had no clue on any kind of run outside the tackles. They were faster than us and stronger than us.

Sefo wasn't good enough but anyone who thinks he is why we lost drank to much before the game. The running game wasn't working (due to the OL) and more often than not Sefo had pressure before he even was able to reach his pocket point and get a solid grip on the ball. Oregon knew he didn't have time to make reads or wait for patterns to develop.

We are better. Oregon was as bad as they have been in at least a decade but they still have a bunch of high 3* through 4* talent. We made a game of it for over a half unlike the prior two years when we were early roadkill. We have some P5 talent on the roster.

This years recruiting class is shaping up to be a PAC 12 level class. Some of our individual commits have more and better P5 offers than our entire class did the last two years. Unfortunately had we recruited like this the past couple years we may have had the talent to finish the job last night.

Baer should never have been allowed to stay two years and contribute to the pathetic recruiting we had. The staff still has some dead weight that shouldn't be here now and has to be replaced if M2 is going to continue here.

Speaking of dead weight the roster also has some dead weight that needs to be gone, we need to start running a P5 program.

Oregon despite their problems has much more talent that some of the teams we will face the rest of the year. We need to get the OL somehow improved and win a couple conference games. If we can then M2 should be looking at another year. If not then we start again.

We can't win with Sefo. How many bad throws can a guy make per game? He has had every chance. Yes he doesn't get much help out there but when he gets the chance he never ever steps up and make a play. Yes he is tough and has heart, I hear all that but he is not a good QB. It is plain and simple.

Also HCMM has the Embry look on lock. He always looks so clueless and so lost. Sad. I am so sick of losing.

That explanation was terrible. Basically he knew the game would be over if they didn't get it, so by punting he could keep hope alive a little longer. But his comment about how he went for it earlier in the game and that being a risky decision was almost embarrassing. It had the feeling of a guy defending his man card.

Would be very interesting to know what Rick George is thinking....

He does make sense in that there was plenty of time to make a move if they could stop them.

However, they couldn't stop Royce all night. I think the inability to stop the run was what really did them in here.

I just see another bs artist like dan. You have the facilities in place, recruit pac12 talent or find some asst coaches who can. This crap has gone on long enough.

I just see another bs artist like dan. You have the facilities in place, recruit pac12 talent or find some asst coaches who can. This crap has gone on long enough.
And, what, 2 hours prior to your post we snagged the third FL recruit we were after.

On a slightly separate note, I know we're all fanatics of this team, but some of the stuff I read in this thread is pure lunacy!

I bitched about the punt call in chat, I hated it. Have some balls. Wtf did we have to lose at that point? Our D was ****ing tired, we knew we couldn't stop them. ****ing play to win instead of playing not to lose.

HCMM is in over his head. It's so obvious that he is not a P5 caliber coach. Is he a nice guy? Yes. Is he well intentioned? Yes. Does he have a magic coin that he carries in his pocket? Yes. But we need somebody who has been around a big program and knows what it's like having big expectations, a la Mcelwain. HCMM seems satisfied with just being somewhat competitive against the likes of Oregon, UCLA, etc.
I agree with your post. He is not the one, he reminds me a little of Hawkins.

This whole board is acting like we just lost to Nicholls. We lost to Oregon. Before the season everyone expected us to lose this game. During the season everyone expected us to lose this game. The only thing that changed was the ass beating by Utah. The board overreacted to that score, the media overreacted to that score, Vegas overreacted to that score, I overreacted to that score.

I get being frustrated because we had a legitimate chance to win that game. I was/am frustrated to. I take some satisfaction in the fact that we are closing the gap. Closing it with one of the recent elite of this conference. We are still on track for the 5-8 that most people predicted. We still have an outside shot at bowling should some things bounce our way.

The punt call was a no win for mac. If they go for it and fail, the fan base is pissed that we gave Oregon a short field knowing our defense had stepped up repeatedly over the course of the game. If he punts the fan base is pissed because we should have gone for it.

Take a step back and breathe. The season is not over just because we lost to Oregon.

This whole board is acting like we just lost to Nicholls. We lost to Oregon. Before the season everyone expected us to lose this game. During the season everyone expected us to lose this game. The only thing that changed was the ass beating by Utah. The board overreacted to that score, the media overreacted to that score, Vegas overreacted to that score, I overreacted to that score.

I get being frustrated because we had a legitimate chance to win that game. I was/am frustrated to. I take some satisfaction in the fact that we are closing the gap. Closing it with one of the recent elite of this conference. We are still on track for the 5-8 that most people predicted. We still have an outside shot at bowling should some things bounce our way.

The punt call was a no win for mac. If they go for it and fail, the fan base is pissed that we gave Oregon a short field knowing our defense had stepped up repeatedly over the course of the game. If he punts the fan base is pissed because we should have gone for it.

Take a step back and breathe. The season is not over just because we lost to Oregon.
Hey, shut up!! Haha. I think EVERYONE expected them to go for it. As soon as we punted, even before we punted, there was a mass exodus. Not going for it was a sign of surrender. There is a reason the term "punting" refers to giving up. In mass, it would have been much more acceptable to go for it, fail, and give up a TD than to just give up.

Hey, shut up!! Haha. I think EVERYONE expected them to go for it. As soon as we punted, even before we punted, there was a mass exodus. Not going for it was a sign of surrender. There is a reason the term "punting" refers to giving up. In mass, it would have been much more acceptable to go for it, fail, and give up a TD than to just give up.

The defense had stepped up at big moments previously this season, and had done a decent job at bending without breaking against the ducks. Counting on them to do it one more time wasn't a bad thought process to me.

Have to change the trajectory some how some way.

The only left to prove this season, for me, is that we can beat some Pac-12 teams. 5-8 is what I expected to start the season, its what I expect now. That would be a marked improvement over the past two seasons. Recruiting is up. Facilities are up. Fan involvement is up. If HCMM goes winless again in Pac-12 play then send him packing. But as of right now the team is heading the right way, not there yet obviously.

Sounds like you just want to excuse the loss.

Sounds like you just want to excuse the loss.

Nope. I was just as frustrated walking out of Folsom at 1am as everyone else. However I predicted we would lose, so I was not surprised at the outcome. I am also not going to call for the coaches head, or the QB to be replaced, or any of that because they lost to ****ing Oregon.

Nope. I was just as frustrated walking out of Folsom at 1am as everyone else. However I predicted we would lose, so I was not surprised at the outcome. I am also not going to call for the coaches head, or the QB to be replaced, or any of that because they lost to ****ing Oregon.

Not that we lost, but the way we lost. I am sure another year will make marginal front seven players into better players.

Good lord, people. Did anyone have this game penciled in as a W before the season? To act like Mac's job hung on beating Oregon is ridiculous. If I told you all before the season began that we would be without Gillam, Tupou, Carr, Adkins, Irwin, Kronshage, and also Sefo would have a badly sprained shoulder but we would manage to be tied with Oregon at the half before the Ducks superior talent was able to pull away in the 4th quarter, I believe most of you would be shocked by that.

My biggest pet peeve on this site are the posters that only come out after losses. The posters that trash Mac and this team and say they need to get better at recruiting etc but then never post in Watts, Julimisses etc threads. I get being critical and skeptical, I know I am, but along with that you need to recognize the positives at well. Otherwise I'm not really sure how you call yourself a fan of the Buffs.

Not that we lost, but the way we lost. I am sure another year will make marginal front seven players into better players.

The run defense was embarrassing. I agree. As was the lack of pass rush. LB recruiting has been a problem. That extends past this coaching staff though. We haven't had decent LB recruiting since Cabral. I was hoping Leavitt would help there, but it hasn't yet. They have tried to increase size and talent on the DL through Juco, but still that is a work in progress.

Good lord, people. Did anyone have this game penciled in as a W before the season? To act like Mac's job hung on beating Oregon is ridiculous. If I told you all before the season began that we would be without Gillam, Tupou, Carr, Adkins, Irwin, Kronshage, and also Sefo would have a badly sprained shoulder but we would manage to be tied with Oregon at the half before the Ducks superior talent was able to pull away in the 4th quarter, I believe most of you would be shocked by that.

My biggest pet peeve on this site are the posters that only come out after losses. The posters that trash Mac and this team and say they need to get better at recruiting etc but then never post in Watts, Julimisses etc threads. I get being critical and skeptical, I know I am, but along with that you need to recognize the positives at well. Otherwise I'm not really sure how you call yourself a fan of the Buffs.
If at the beginning of the season I knew UO would be playing Lockie and some guy I never heard of at QB, I would have marked that game as a game CU could very well win at home...goes both ways.

If at the beginning of the season I knew UO would be playing Lockie and some guy I never heard of at QB, I would have marked that game as a game CU could very well win at home...goes both ways.

Yes. The outlook of a season is not static.

I don't buy that at all. So because Oregon would be playing a Senior QB, not named Vernon Adams, you believe that would even the playing field with the National Runner up from last season? That is a very high expectation.

Of course not, but the idea that Oregon is a mediocre team and we should have beaten them because they were blown out by the #5 team in the country is a bit of a stretch.

Again, it is more of how we lost. Giving up 361 yards rushing to a one dimensional team is not good.

Back