What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After that punt, I'm done with HCMM

Again, it is more of how we lost. Giving up 361 yards rushing to a one dimensional team is not good.
Which way would you have preferred to lose? We gave up a lot of rushing yards but Freeman and Taj are easily one of the best tandems in CFB and we were without our best NT and without our best LB. We certainly need to improve our front seven talent, but I bet the majority of the Pac gives up similar numbers to those two backs.

Nobody should be anything but pissed. Our D got tired, period. Our O couldn't do what they need to do. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, it was right there. Telling yall, they don't know how to win and don't have enough players to do so.

Which way would you have preferred to lose? We gave up a lot of rushing yards but Freeman and Taj are easily one of the best tandems in CFB and we were without our best NT and without our best LB. We certainly need to improve our front seven talent, but I bet the majority of the Pac gives up similar numbers to those two backs.

I would have preferred to score more than 24 points.

At the end of the day, I guess we will just play to form this season. 4-9 or 5-8.

I would have preferred to score more than 24 points.

At the end of the day, I guess we will just play to form this season. 4-9 or 5-8.
I think 5 wins is probably fair. Hopefully with the uptick we are seeing in recruiting this year we can set the metric at bowl or bust next year.

I think 5 wins is probably fair. Hopefully with the uptick we are seeing in recruiting this year we can set the metric at bowl or bust next year.
I think with a favorable home schedule and it being Mac's fourth year with a TON of upper classmen on the roster, a bowl game is required or he's out. Can't see RG tolerating anything less.

I think with a favorable home schedule and it being Mac's fourth year with a TON of upper classmen on the roster, a bowl game is required or he's out. Can't see RG tolerating anything less.
Agreed.

Would also add that if he doesn't win a conference game this year he is done.

Next year we'll show everyone!!! **

**as long as we're healthy, have a favorable schedule, don't play past 10pm, aren't screwed by the officials, get bigger, stronger, faster in the offseason, get back players previously kicked out of school, and the Pac 12 South doesn't return too many good players.

Next year we'll show everyone!!! **

**as long as we're healthy, have a favorable schedule, don't play past 10pm, aren't screwed by the officials, get bigger, stronger, faster in the offseason, get back players previously kicked out of school, and the Pac 12 South doesn't return too many good players.

It's called perspective. Most here set the bar for this year at 4-6 wins and improved recruiting was a must. So far we are on pace for exactly that. We lost to Oregon, who no one thought we would beat, and you want to act like we were blown back to the Embree era. There are benchmarks in place for what a successful season looks like this year, beating Oregon was not one of those benchmarks, WSU, OSU, and AZ are.

It's called perspective. Most here set the bar for this year at 4-6 wins and improved recruiting was a must. So far we are on pace for exactly that. We lost to Oregon, who no one thought we would beat, and you want to act like we were blown back to the Embree era. There are benchmarks in place for what a successful season looks like this year, beating Oregon was not one of those benchmarks, WSU, OSU, and AZ are.
Well stated.

You're confusing predictions with measures of a successful season. Many here predicted 4 wins, but I doubt any of those people would consider that a successful season. Would you?

And actually a lot of people thought we had a good chance to beat Oregon going into the game. The team we played Saturday night is not the same team that played for a national title no matter how much you want to pretend they were.

RG is not an overreacting fan. Is he mad we lost the game? Probably, but so is every coach and player in the locker room. An AD doesn't make decisions based on one game. The Buffs lost a game no one planned on them winning before the season and actually before a little more than a week ago but now everyone is disappointed in the season. There are talent deficiencies on the roster but recruiting has been going well this season. Hopefully it keeps up.

You're confusing predictions with measures of a successful season. Many here predicted 4 wins, but I doubt any of those people would consider that a successful season. Would you?

And actually a lot of people thought we had a good chance to beat Oregon going into the game. The team we played Saturday night is not the same team that won a national title no matter how much you want to pretend they were.
You're right. Oregon has never won a National Title.

RG is not an overreacting fan. Is he mad we lost the game? Probably, but so is every coach and player in the locker room. An AD doesn't make decisions based on one game. The Buffs lost a game no one planned on them winning before the season and actually before a little more than a week ago but now everyone is disappointed in the season. There are talent deficiencies on the roster but recruiting has been going well this season. Hopefully it keeps up.
Whatever RG, or fans think of Mac today, it's not because of one game.

Yeah caught that one late, meant "played for"
I know; just having fun. Oregon is definitely not the same team as last year, and even Big Jim can see that losing a Heisman trophy-winning QB changes things quite a bit. It doesn't mean that they aren't still a pretty good football team, though. They still have far superior athletes in the front 7 and along the OL (not to mention RB) than CU and it was ultimately too much for us to handle for 4 quarters. Down playing the level of compete that CU had on Saturday night, which was the best we've had against Oregon since joining the Pac 12, just because Oregon isn't a National Title contender this year is misguided, IMO.

I don't buy that at all. So because Oregon would be playing a Senior QB, not named Vernon Adams, you believe that would even the playing field with the National Runner up from last season? That is a very high expectation.
What's the difference between a NC runner-up UO and this year's 3-2 squad? Marcus Mariota, so yeah, I think it is pretty significant.

That was a game CU could have, not should have, won. Instead they got worked in the second half. GA St. and EWU scored more against UO on the road than CU did at home. I guess that is no cause for concern. Sorry, that was a game CU needed to make some noise, but we got the same old, same old. I am not going to make excuses for bad FB and hope for better days.

I think it will matter what teams we beat going forward. If we finish 4-9 with a win over Oregon State or Wazzu, is that enough progress? If we beat them both, but go 0-5 against the South, is that enough progress? It is definitely a subjective measure on some level.

Please would tell me how I should be reacting to this loss?

Should I be disappointed and pissed, or must I be content with a predictable outcome where there are areas of progress?

It's important for all buffs on the interwebs to respond uniformly in our opinions. Buffs are a herd animal and having differing opinions will not be tolerated.

The glass can only be half empty or half full, damnit. Not having everyone engaging in groupthink is embarrassing.

What's the difference between a NC runner-up UO and this year's 3-2 squad? Marcus Mariota, so yeah, I think it is pretty significant.
You're still looking at this in the wrong way. The real question is what is the difference between last years Oregon squad and this years CU team? A lot more than Mariota. Our talent level isn't even close and acting like we should beat Oregon just because they lost Marcus doesn't add up. The two losses for OU that mentioned were both to undefeated top 5 teams, btw.

In fairness to SinkRatz, he has been overreacting long before Saturday.
Thanks, and you're right, we're only 10 years into the rebuilding process, I need to learn to be more patient. Just because we've lost 12 conference games in a row, and are 1-18 under Mac doesn't mean we should be concerned, these things take time. I mean we were in such a huge hole! Plus Gillam is out.

You're still looking at this in the wrong way. The real question is what is the difference between last years Oregon squad and this years CU team? A lot more than Mariota. Our talent level isn't even close and acting like we should beat Oregon just because they lost Marcus doesn't add up. The two losses for OU that mentioned were both to undefeated top 5 teams, btw.
Well, I have to admit, I did not realize UU was top 5 now. Good point, I knew they were 18 or so at the time of the game, I guess that was what I was focused on.

What I expected was CU being in a position to go toe to toe with UO, go back and read, I have never said they should have won the game, I said they very well could have. Being tied at the half and then getting run in the second speaks volumes. I still contend UO is not very good, and probably will have at least two more losses in them this year. That was not a world beater Sat. night., especially with the ose QB's. CU desperately needs to rise up and beat somebody they "shouldn't". NOBODY takes CU seriously. It was on the table Sat. after the half, CU shat the bed for what seems like the 100th time, that is why I am pissed.

I am pissed also Lefty..someone needs to be. Seems as though the coaching staff and players certainly aren't.

Back