What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After two weeks, the strength of the team appears to be the defense

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Who'da thunk it, given all that we heard about how great this offense was supposed to be this year?

If memory serves they've only given up one long touchdown drive so far this season. Out of the 5 touchdowns scored on them 1 was a kickoff return, another a INT for a touchdown, two off of turnovers and a short field to go. The 1 was EW's opening drive wasn't it?

The defense has been a very nice suprise. They gave up some yds yesterday in the passing game but with those types of offenses who throw 60 times a game,you are going to give up a bunch of yds.

csu game- 17 points- 1KR for td, td after cu int /24 yd drive and a fg.
Really can say the defense gve up 3.

EW- 24 points- 7 from INT for td,7 after a fumbled punt,27 yd drive.
Really only gave up 10

Very happy with defense,still think cb play could be better and the DL needs more pressure but can't complain otherwise.

We are allowing the QB too much time. If this continues the Big 12 QB's will really look forward to playing us. We have the guys on the D-line, I wish they could be more aggressive.

We have still only played CSU and EWU. They pretty much took care of business, but I'm waiting to make a judgement on the defense. The offense is going to have to show some serious mettle in the very near future, because the challenges for the defense are going to be on a steep incline for a few games.

We are allowing the QB too much time. If this continues the Big 12 QB's will really look forward to playing us. We have the guys on the D-line, I wish they could be more aggressive.

There are times I agree here, and others not so much....EWU threw the ball so quickly on most routes that there was no opportunity to get to the QB unless we blitzed...from what I've seen in the 2 games we haven't blitzed hardly at all

We blitzed more against EWU than against CSU. EWU picked up the blitzes well, though. The front 4 really have to do a better job of applying consistent pressure for us to be successful, long term. It's a numbers game - four down linemen against five offensive linemen and a quarterback. That's four on 5, which means 7 defenders to cover 5 eligible receivers. Get the pressure from the front four, and everything else takes care of itself.

We have still only played CSU and EWU. They pretty much took care of business, but I'm waiting to make a judgement on the defense. The offense is going to have to show some serious mettle in the very near future, because the challenges for the defense are going to be on a steep incline for a few games.

:yeahthat:

I agree that the defense is ahead of the offense right now but I'm not going to consider them a strength until we see how they do over the next 4 games.

Back