What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AJ clinics the Riddler, and allbuffs talks kickers

Hey! I was seriously concerned about his ability to kick while being tickled.

If he can help us win games that we would otherwise lose and it takes a schollie to get him here then spend the schollie unless you have somebody else who is going to help you win more games to take that schollie.

Remember back the year we schollied Mason Crosby we also gave a schollie to another kicker (Eberhardt from Broomfield) who never kicked the next four years until Mason graduated. We all know what Mason did and Eberhardt (my spelling my be wrong) made a positive difference for us when he finally got his shot.

Will's going to be a Buff, I'm going to give him full support. Welcome. . .

If Embree thinks this guy can win us some games I'm willing to accept and support that until his judgement is proven wrong.

Shshsh! I'm keeping an illusion of total control over DBT. He thinks I'm in charge of the cookies.

Bull****. can you make a cookie eclipse?

166490_973487985213_10213770_51895996_7331828_n.jpg

Kicking and Punting are different animals. You can't tie up extra scholarships for guys who can't win a job. If he can't compete at this level he can transfer or get injured....

That's bull****. You can't pull a kid's scholarship.

That's bull****. You can't pull a kid's scholarship.

You can politely tell them they will not be seeing the field in the future and would welcome them pursuing other options. It happens quite regularly all over the country.

You can politely tell them they will not be seeing the field in the future and would welcome them pursuing other options. It happens quite regularly all over the country.

Considered very bad form to do so if the kid is doing what is asked of him. You see quarterbacks moved all the time to wide receiver, not told they should go sit out a year somewhere and try to get on at another school. It's just as unfair to a kicker.
And even if you can live with it, the other schools will happily and aggressively use it against any school that starts trimming the fat.

Screws recruiting pretty bad to hear that other kids were asked to leave.

No coach at CU has ever told a kid he did not fit into their future plans. Has never happened.

Considered very bad form to do so if the kid is doing what is asked of him. You see quarterbacks moved all the time to wide receiver, not told they should go sit out a year somewhere and try to get on at another school. It's just as unfair to a kicker.
And even if you can live with it, the other schools will happily and aggressively use it against any school that starts trimming the fat.

Screws recruiting pretty bad to hear that other kids were asked to leave.

Are you kidding me? Bama called and wants to argue with you.

Breaking news. This just in.

I KNEW Harvard Westlake sounded familiar. Do you really want to know who the assistant football coach is there?
Do ya? Do ya?

Ashton Kutcher.

ak-9-15-08.jpg

(Ok. He's no longer the coach there, it was felt he was too big a distraction for the team and fans. Paparazzi and all that.)

Harvard-Westlake School, North Hollywood, CA
Graduates include the Danica McKellar (of the Wonder Years), Richard Nixon's girls, Tori Spelling, astronaut Sally Ride, Elizabeth Montgomery, June Lockhart, Candice Bergen, Jake Gyllenhaal, Myrna Loy, Shirley Temple, Jamie Lee Curtis, Mindy Cohn of "Facts of Life," who was discovered here, Bridget Fonda, and a number of other celebrities and celeb kids.

I intentionally did not put this in the recruit thread, but it was such a strange factoid, I had to post it somewhere.

Tuition at the private school went up to $29,200 per year for those not receiving aid.

If someone is not good enough to ever see the field at CU and would be better off as a football player if he transferred, the coach owes it to that kid to tell him so. I'm shocked that some of you don't know this goes on all the time in every program and/or you have a problem with it.

What do you want, a pat on the back and a juicebox while the coach lies to the kid or ignores him?

I agree you don't pull a scholarship unless the kid isn't meeting his responsibilities (bad attitude, work ethic, behavior or academic performance). But some guys should be encouraged to transfer or quit.

If someone is not good enough to ever see the field at CU and would be better off as a football player if he transferred, the coach owes it to that kid to tell him so. I'm shocked that some of you don't know this goes on all the time in every program and/or you have a problem with it.

What do you want, a pat on the back and a juicebox while the coach lies to the kid or ignores him?

I agree you don't pull a scholarship unless the kid isn't meeting his responsibilities (bad attitude, work ethic, behavior or academic performance). But some guys should be encouraged to transfer or quit.

What you're describing is different than pulling a scholarship, though. I have no problem telling a kid that he's probably seen his last days on the field at CU. I agree that kind of thing happens all the time. Pulling a scholarship after it's already been granted is bush league, though. And yes, I realize that scholarships are granted on a year by year basis. The implication is that it's good for five years, though.

you have to honor the academic commitment to a kid. as hokey as it sounds and contrary to the "realism" that NCAA football is a big business, that's why they are here. that's why the U of Colorado has a team....and not the City of Boulder or a private entity in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. as long as the kid is making grades, on course to graduate, you pay for his school. that's my outlook......as an educator.

you have to honor the academic commitment to a kid. as hokey as it sounds and contrary to the "realism" that NCAA football is a big business, that's why they are here. that's why the U of Colorado has a team....and not the City of Boulder or a private entity in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. as long as the kid is making grades, on course to graduate, you pay for his school. that's my outlook......as an educator.

Yeah, but we all know that every faculty member hates athletics.

Yeah, but we all know that every faculty member hates athletics.

i attend meetings weekly where that's all we talk about. we militate endlessly on the subject. how to make CU drop football.....and in the absence of dropping, make them lose (Dan Hawkins was a sleeper cell).

vb
( intr; usually foll by against or for ) (of facts, actions, etc) to have influence or effect: the evidence militated against his release [C17: from Latin mīlitātus, from mīlitāre to be a soldier]

Back