What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alabama vs. Texas

Give Nick Saban his due. Winning the MNC at 2 different schools is no small task ( I also give his some of the Credit for LSU's MNC under Miles. The guy knows what it takes to win.

As a parent it is my responsibility to ensure that I raise my kids to their fullest potential, if that means I have to go to a lockerroom at halftime to ensure that my child is ok and not going to do anything to endanger his chance to put food on the table for his family over the next 10 years then by god I will go into that lockerroom.

Unless his dad is a doctor or paramedic, I'm pretty sure his presence had nothing to do with ensuring Colt was okay. Reassuring him after an injury, sure, I can see that. Unless your point is that he thought without him there, UT is going to send an injured kid to the field. I don't think that was the case, but maybe that was his concern.

Here is a question that I have, if CU had an endless checkbook and was willing to sacrifice academics and other programs to win titles, would we? and don't forget willing to overlook whether a kid can even read or not...

Here is a question that I have, if CU had an endless checkbook and was willing to sacrifice academics and other programs to win titles, would we? and don't forget willing to overlook whether a kid can even read or not...

Define "we"

Since actions speak louder than words, it's pretty clear the existing administration would not.
There are likely some alumni factions that wouldn't mind if CU went more in that direction.
There are other alumni who don't want to undermine the value of the CU diploma by lowering academic standards.

The reality is that UT has money AND athletics AND a good academic reputation.

Define "we"

Since actions speak louder than words, it's pretty clear the existing administration would not.
There are likely some alumni factions that wouldn't mind if CU went more in that direction.
There are other alumni who don't want to undermine the value of the CU diploma by lowering academic standards.

I don't quite get how 25 kids a year (some of whom are good students) can undermine the value of a CU diploma.

Define "we"

And Alabama, while not at the UT level for those three categories, ranks relatively high....it should be very possible for CU to have success in all three...

I don't quite get how 25 kids a year (some of whom are good students) can undermine the value of a CU diploma.

The will either help or hurt your argument. Look no further than the wonderlic test and how much crap was dished out towards UT when it was discovered that Vince Young's less than spectacular results might not be up to NFL standards. UT's reputation took a hit, but the university also gained a lot of prestige.

If you consider the reputation of Kansas State or Oklahoma State or Alabama or Arkansas, the athletic pursuits tend to have the perception of having a higher value than the academic pursuits.

Starting with Byron White, CU prides itself with having student-athletes, not athlete-students. Right or wrong, it's part of the recruiting story and the CU brand.

Back