What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alec Burks Drops 31 Points In First Summer League Game

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Jon Woods

Former Colorado Buffalo Alec Burks wasted no time in declaring his readiness for his second year in the NBA by dropping 31 points against the Philadelphia 76ers in Orlando Pro Summer League action Tuesday night. His game leading scoring led the Jazz to a 84-80 victory. Star player: Burks, a second-year guard out of Colorado, attacked Philadelphia relentlessly off the dribble and scored at...

Click the link above or visit http://www.ralphiereport.com for more.

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

it looks like they were playing in a high school gym:

[video=youtube;Oz--2szY1AY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz--2szY1AY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Nothing we didn't already know about what he could do. Of any NW division rival player I'd like to see him succeed most. I just wonder if there's another team in the league that could use him now as opposed to 2-3 years from now and let him get his shots without having a quick hook and sitting him for a week after.

utah fans are upset that he dropped 31 points and had zero assists.

to be fair, if you touch the rock enough to sore 31....a dish easy basket ought to be in the mix or two doncha think?

anyway, shoulder to shoulder AB.

So few NBA players are capable of scoring like that. Utah is mis-using Alec. One thing we know is that Alec's offense shows up every night. He's good for efficient double figure scoring with nights he absolutely goes off.

So few NBA players are capable of scoring like that. Utah is mis-using Alec. One thing we know is that Alec's offense shows up every night. He's good for efficient double figure scoring with nights he absolutely goes off.
Yup. I'm a little confused as to why they drafted him if they don't like how he plays. Not like his game was hard to nail down. Wish he would come to Denver, they could really use him.

Guys, guys, guys!

SUMMER. LEAGUE.

great to see and all, but lots of guys put up crazy numbers you've never heard of when they're playing against other lesser-knowns of the NBA.

like-a-boss.gif

I'm not sure if this is a carry over from the Sloan era, but I've heard that the Jazz usually restrict the rookies. I hope we see more and better things from Alec this next season.

Guys, guys, guys!

SUMMER. LEAGUE.

great to see and all, but lots of guys put up crazy numbers you've never heard of when they're playing against other lesser-knowns of the NBA.

Last year, compare the following players Utah at SG:

Rajah Bell: 23.4 minutes per game / 6.4 points per game / 8.36 player efficiency rating
Alec Burks: 15.9 mpg / 7.2 ppg / 14.01 per

Something look off to anyone else on who earned minutes and who got minutes?

Last year, compare the following players Utah at SG:

Rajah Bell: 23.4 minutes per game / 6.4 points per game / 8.36 player efficiency rating
Alec Burks: 15.9 mpg / 7.2 ppg / 14.01 per

Something look off to anyone else on who earned minutes and who got minutes?

I can't pretend to be up on the Jazz's rotation, but there are lots of reasons certain players play more. they might mesh more with the other 4 guys on the floor, fill another need aside from scoring, etc. i'm rooting for alec, but all i was saying is that the summer league is often full of less-than-stellar players putting up big numbers because of the watered-down competition.

One thing that I noticed watching a few Jazz games was he wasn't always in place. On offense, he was sometimes out of position and floating. At times his screens weren't Jerry Sloan quality, one of the keys to the Jazz offense remains the ability for all members of the team to give quality screens. Of defense, he wasn't sure how much to help and when to do so. Both things he will improve on as he gains more experience. I agree with Nik, he should have played more. Especially on a borderline playoff team, but he is still young.

Back