What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alec Burks rising

Excellent news. It is nearing "make or break" time for Alec's career, IMO. Let's cross our fingers and hope this is the springboard to sustained success.

4 minutes in first half, no points. Thanks for getting our hopes up, bitch.

if he's running point his handle must have improved. that's a good thing. could be some good experience. that other Buff who was pretty good in the NBA lately...he didn't start out as a 1 either.

but the jazz, ugh. take what we get and always Buffs hoops first....decades of Utah dislike. in retro, Frank Layden was pretty cool in way (for Utah)...but Doug Moe Nuggets all the way. Doug Moe!

Last edited:
You guys see this? Love to see him continue to succeed. Even got a mention on Grantland.com.

[video=youtube;e0-nRWiVuHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0-nRWiVuHU[/video]

Awesome, he is averaging 10.3 ppg in feb shooting 47%.

So he would have been a senior on the team this year if he stayed?

Yeah and we would be top 10. Fecking killing the P12.

Indeed. There's very few moments that go by that I dont think this. Think of how good spence would be next year if he had 2 years with alec. All I can do now is remember the time he went ape **** on texas at home, and him absolutely willing us across the finish line vs iowa st in the big 12 tourney game.

He did a lot for the program, and we probably wouldnt have gotten some of the recruits we did had it not been for him.

Indeed. There's very few moments that go by that I dont think this. Think of how good spence would be next year if he had 2 years with alec. All I can do now is remember the time he went ape **** on texas at home, and him absolutely willing us across the finish line vs iowa st in the big 12 tourney game.

He did a lot for the program, and we probably wouldnt have gotten some of the recruits we did had it not been for him.

Exactly. This is why the "imagine if Alec was a senior on this team" hypothetical doesn't hold much with reality. We wouldn't have gotten some of the players we have without the press around Alec being a lottery pick. It's fun to think about, though.

Just for funsies, i've been lurking over at the sbnation jazz site, slcdunk.com. I swear, there's a weekly post about how they're underusing Burks. Check this flowchart out:

485292_10200468307780065_1824168450_n.jpg

Just for funsies, i've been lurking over at the sbnation jazz site, slcdunk.com. I swear, there's a weekly post about how they're underusing Burks. Check this flowchart out:

485292_10200468307780065_1824168450_n.jpg

:lol:

Somebody put a lot of effort into that ... and has wayyy too much time on their hands.

Burks with an acrobatic finish to tie the game for Utah with 10 seconds left today - took the game to OT. However, they eventually lost to the celtics.

I must have been hiding under a rock but Chauncey came back from his achilles injury a couple weeks ago and is playing well

While I don't believe that the Jazz coach has a clue, I also think Burks has his work cut out for him. To play 2 effectively in the league you better be able to defend or shoot.

Not sure Alec excels at either.

While I don't believe that the Jazz coach has a clue, I also think Burks has his work cut out for him. To play 2 effectively in the league you better be able to defend or shoot.

Not sure Alec excels at either.

From what I've read his shot got considerably better this year. Hopefully he has a breakout year like Paul George did (Burks just turned 22). Burks turning into a star would be great for the program

I would hope he would start on that dumpster fire of a roster. The Jazz have done everything they possibly can to bottom out this year and hopefully land Wiggins in the lottery.

I would hope he would start on that dumpster fire of a roster. The Jazz have done everything they possibly can to bottom out this year and hopefully land Wiggins in the lottery.
Finally, someone who knows what's actually going on.

Back