What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alec Burks

BehindEnemyLines

beware the habu
Got home late from an out of town gymnastics meet. Clicked on the boob tube and found the Thunder/Jazz game, at the 7:30 mark of the 4th quarter.

Burks was playing, but still doesn't look really involved in the offense. He was playing the wing, typically off-side, and seemed to be more of a decoy.

One sequence was absolute gold. Perkins caught a pass about under the basket, went up for a lay in, and was blocked from behind by Alec. The Thunder regained control and a player made a pass to the right wing, but Burks intercepted it and took off on a break away, only to have his lay up blocked from behind by Ibaka.

The whole sequence outta be on espin :lol:

Admittedly don't get many Jazz games here and don't follow that organization closely, but looks like his minutes have gone way down this year. Getting extremely minimal time... Not a good sign.

Another "left too early" mistake?
Nah, he left at the right time. He was a lottery pick, and when you're a lottery pick, you have to go pro. Utah tried to play at PG this year, and that was a disaster. Just can't find the PT with guys like Williams, Hayward, Foye, Tinsley, (even Earl Watson) above him.

Nah, he left at the right time. He was a lottery pick, and when you're a lottery pick, you have to go pro. Utah tried to play at PG this year, and that was a disaster. Just can't find the PT with guys like Williams, Hayward, Foye, Tinsley, (even Earl Watson) above him.

Yep. I seem to be as hesitant as they come on this board in terms of when I think our guys should go pro (I try to judge it as non-selfishly as possible) but given the realities of how absurdly favorable that draft was (it was downright weak, to be frank) and that Alec was assured of being a lottery pick....you have to make the leap in that situation.

Thought I read he is available for trade. Maybe a change of scenery will help. Hang in there Alec.

Back