What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alex Lewis transferring to Neb

You have a nice State. But not all of it is mountains, Colorado has it's bad parts, and is flatter than Nebraska, and with less trees.

:rofl:

Yeah, Coloardo is flatter than that ****hole, with less trees....

Even you sheep****ers can't actually be this dumb.... :lol:

And the front range is the most lovely place on earth, last time I drove I-70 there was not even a fence on the R.O.W. lines on that road, then I looked around and and found out there is not a damn thing to keep in there, and then I saw for sale signs for 600 acres, and I thought "For Sale!! hell they should give it away for what it would cost to transfer the Deed.

I tried to help you out, gave you a couple softballs, nobody's arguing that Nebraska's not the better football school.

Then you come with this? You're a tool.

And yet, the mighty fuskers are the team recruiting transfers from the team that has fallen so far. What does that say about your program?

We know a kid that wants to play for a winning program and has the tools to do so, and he sees that.

Lord, I don't know what's worse. The fact he's going to steroid U or you coming here talking **** about it. Really?

Nebraska has 20 o-lineman on the spring roster +5 recruits and they raid the buffs bad o-line for players. that doesn't make a lot of sense, they should be well stocked they didn't lose any in the draft

Sorry, I know it is bad form, but I do not wish him well. Hope he rides the pine in niblet land. Head east, I care not.

You have a nice State. But not all of it is mountains, Colorado has it's bad parts, and is flatter than Nebraska, and with less trees.

You are about as discerning about your states as you are your women. The beauty of Colorado is that it is curvy in the right places, smooth and flat in the right places, and keeps the foliage to a minimum in the right places.

Lewis wants to play with players that want to win, so is he calling the buffs quitters. he should transfer if that's how he feels.

We can't afford attrition on the oline but damn I'd rather have him elsewhere if his heart isn't in it.

Husker mark and surveyor - do you guys know how bad we were last year? Did you see out offense? Did we block anyone?

I get taunting your CU rivals but honestly don't you have a little doubt here?

Lewis played more te. as a freshman than he did on the o-line and more guard than tackle hoping Kelly can fill the guard spot and the Buffs need some good luck for a change and hope they can stay healthy.

Last edited:
I would like to remind everyone that we are in trouble and this is a rebuilding project. Remember When Jeff Bzdelik got rid of Xavier Silas? Remember when Embree got rid of (insert Hawkins player here)? You get rid of players that do not fit your culture.
This is a big loss because our depth is a joke. I still think our over/under is still 3.5 wins.
Also, where is this Nebraska school he transferred to? Is that a gay bar in San Francisco?

I would like to remind everyone that we are in trouble and this is a rebuilding project. Remember When Jeff Bzdelik got rid of Xavier Silas? Remember when Embree got rid of (insert Hawkins player here)? You get rid of players that do not fit your culture.
This is a big loss because our depth is a joke. I still think our over/under is still 3.5 wins.
Also, where is this Nebraska school he transferred to? Is that a gay bar in San Francisco?

When Jeff Bzdelik got rid of Xavier Silas? this is an analogy to Alex Lewis transferring to Nebraska how? one is a player decision...the other is a coach decision.

Jeff ain't exactly working wonders at Wake.....finished last in the conference here twice. won at AFA with Joe Scott's senior class.

Charlie McBride is a 1000 years old.... he's a friend of the family.... great DC in his day. "he's gonna be playing on Sundays". maybe. let's see the kid be a great college player first....GBR...hooray?

shoulder to shoulder Charlie.

When you tell the coach on friday his job is secure, then cave to rich fans and fire him on sunday, you have taught a major lesson about disloyalty.
CU used to be on a higher moral/ethical plane than most schools - now we're a losing team with no reason to ask for respect on any level.

Go Buffs!

We are painfully thin on the O-line, we would have been painfully thin on the O-line if Lewis were here so his leaving hurts. Unfortuneately this kind of crap happens when you are 1-11 and were a laughingstock most games last year.

Bad teams are forced into bad choices. This is a kid who got recruited to CU because he didn't have what he saw as better choices, not because he really wanted to be a Buff. Now that he has a choice he is leaving. The coaching change may or may not be a part of it but ultimately he is a kid who wanted to be someplace else.

M2s challenge is to make us good enough that we don't have to rely on guys who don't have other options, are winning enough that guys want to stay anyways, and have enough depth that losing a guy who is a decent player isn't a huge deal for us.

When you tell the coach on friday his job is secure, then cave to rich fans and fire him on sunday, you have taught a major lesson about disloyalty.
CU used to be on a higher moral/ethical plane than most schools - now we're a losing team with no reason to ask for respect on any level.

Go Buffs!

Are you flipping kidding. Everyone in the world knew that JE was not secure and he was never told that his job was secure. When you go 4-21 losing the way he was losing you have no right to imagine your job was secure.

The only one who ever said that JE was told his job was secure was JE. This was the same JE who said a who bunch of stupid and inaccurate stuff following his firing.

Respect doesn't come from giving up 70 points to Fresno when your team doesn't even bother to try, it doesn't come from losing to Sac State or a CSU team that was begging to get beat. Respect doesn't come from winning one game all year, and that against a team that somehow managed to play worse than you did.

If Lewis leaving has anything to do with Embree getting fired then we definately don't want him around because his standards are way to low.

It seems like he never would have been a Buff in the first place if Nebraska had offered early.....just a case of a kid wanting to play where he wanted too all along

It seems like he never would have been a Buff in the first place if Nebraska had offered early.....just a case of a kid wanting to play where he wanted too all along
If that's the case, he should have gone the walk-on route at his dream school from the start. Low move to come here only to jump the second that the cornholers open a spot for him.

Definitely not the best way to handle the situation....but with the coaching change comes attrition and this was one of the more public and harder transfers to take since it involved Nebraska

Reactions: aik
Back