What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All you ski haters.......

I am surprised no one touched on this point from TD on the first page. I am not sure we are all watching the same games. Ski is one of our best on ball defenders, a good defensive rebounder, and is by far our most vocal player on defense. He's anything but lost.

Agreed. Didn't feel like responding to some clown who thinks Ski sucks.

Don't agree with you on that...blocked shots more often than not come from weakside help rotation. If Booker is getting shots blocked it is because of over penetrating the lane and getting into the trees too much. Driving hard and getting your guy off balanced, sticking your jump stop and then rising straight up is a shot Booker should go to more and that shot will hardly ever get blocked.

I'm talking about when he is dribbling to create his own shot and takes an offbalanced shot. He is being guarded by a good on-ball defender who is likely at least his size or bigger. Sometimes the only way to get up a clean shot is to fade in a direction away from the defender's outstretched hand.

I'm talking about when he is dribbling to create his own shot and takes an offbalanced shot. He is being guarded by a good on-ball defender who is likely at least his size or bigger. Sometimes the only way to get up a clean shot is to fade in a direction away from the defender's outstretched hand.

If you can't create space by your dribbling you shouldn't try to create a shot to get yourself out of trouble, especially off balanced. Pass out and move to get open.

I can't believe that we have to spend time trying to defend every shot he takes.

It is obnoxious. Spencer, King, Talton, Scott, Hopkins, Dustin and probably XJ, but I can't think of it right now, all took bad shots Saturday. All have taken bad shots in many games. That's basketball. I don't know why the Ski hate started. It's bothersome.

I love Ski and I've said it before, but I'll say again that our success this season hinges a lot on his play. We would've lost at least three more games thus far without him. My point (and I think SECO's point) is that he is an excellent shooter when he is square to the bucket. The shots people complain about are the fade away, off-balance shots from 19 feet out. Those are tough shots for any player. Sometimes Ski is forced into a position where he has to take that shot, but when he takes it 7 seconds into a possession, it is frustrating.

the fact that Jelly can hit those shots makes teams play him a lot differently. I don't want him taking threes, but his shots from inside the arc seem to be pretty darn accurate.

it makes him much harder to defend, but I still don't like him taking those. He didn't do too well shooting those last year so that may be where my mistrust comes from.

the fact that Jelly can hit those shots makes teams play him a lot differently. I don't want him taking threes, but his shots from inside the arc seem to be pretty darn accurate.

See LaMarcus Aldridge or Dirk Nowitzki to understand just how successful a big man with range can be.

A 6'10" center who can shoot from 20 feet will make a lot of money in the NBA.

In my haste to launch the inaugeral use of the term "Dick *****" for the first UA fan to show his face in this thread, I failed to appropriately mention how fantastic pachoops' take on Ski is. Onions indeed...

You are a gentleman and an insulter.

In my haste to launch the inaugeral use of the term "Dick *****" for the first UA fan to show his face in this thread, I failed to appropriately mention how fantastic pachoops' take on Ski is. Onions indeed...

I prefer if you use the more accepted term "Dick *****" until those *********** stop referring to us as "Rado". Thanks in advance.

You know, sometimes I wonder if anybody pays any attention to the drivel I write on this board.

Back