What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AllBuffs Boulder watch party for Saturday

Pretty good--and I know I'm a bit obsessive about this--but it would have been better if you'd italicized "and". You're welcome.

Typing on the phone. Didn't feel like it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nik, do you enjoy the Islays at all? I used to love Macallan, but now it seems far too sweet. Laphroig 16 FTW.

Love them. Macallan 12 was the best bottle in the place. I think the only other single malt in the bar was Glenlivet. The top shelf was limited.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't have gone with an Islay in that situation anyway. I was also splitting pitchers of Ellie's Brown with my wife. With a brown ale with those toasty malt and sweet notes from my beer, the peatiness from an Islay would have been either off or wasted. Laphroig stands on its own. Maybe with a nice cigar, but never with a beer or other chaser.

Besides, even after explaining that Scotch is served need with a small splash of water to open things up, what I was served was watered down and tasted like it was at least 1/3 water.

Love them. Macallan 12 was the best bottle in the place. I think the only other single malt in the bar was Glenlivet. The top shelf was limited.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't have gone with an Islay in that situation anyway. I was also splitting pitchers of Ellie's Brown with my wife. With a brown ale with those toasty malt and sweet notes from my beer, the peatiness from an Islay would have been either off or wasted. Laphroig stands on its own. Maybe with a nice cigar, but never with a beer or other chaser.

Besides, even after explaining that Scotch is served need with a small splash of water to open things up, what I was served was watered down and tasted like it was at least 1/3 water.

I'm aware you know what you're doing, but always perform the splash yourself (not a euphemism). And Christ, Scotch Whiskey and beer?

I'm aware you know what you're doing, but always perform the splash yourself (not a euphemism). And Christ, Scotch Whiskey and beer?

That's the level of respect I have for Macallan. It's nice, but it's not something I make a big deal out of. I just felt like a drink.

Has anyone been to the Ralphie's in Lafayette?

A new location just opened in Boulder on Arapahoe at the 5400 block. Might be something to check out for the Ohio State game since the location is so close to the Foothills Parkway that it will be easy for people to get to if they're coming from Longmont or east on the 36 corridor.

Back