What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Allbuffs season ticket donation thread 2016

And we are done. Thanks to everybody who contributed.

Thank you, @sackman for once again doing this. I know everyone appreciates all you do with these tickets and the tailgate. It means a lot for connecting fans and giving opportunities for folks to see a game.

And thank you to everyone who donated money to the cause.

It's my pleasure. And while we're at it, throw some love at FChairbanks. He is a big part of this process, too. And he has been since the first year we did this.

So, when I did my donation ($250), since they had the option, I opted to have them debit it over 5 or 6 months. Like $50 or $60 a month. But I paid the full amount for the tickets. Then, a couple of days ago, I received an email that I hadn't paid by the deadline and could lose my seats. That alarmed me so I had to check my credit card and the CU web site's to make sure my payment had been credited.

Long story short, because of the donation thing still not being, technically, paid, an algorithm sent me the auto email. But here is my main point. I asked the guy if one could pay for his entire ticket package in installments. He said you can do it from February to June, or something like that. Why the hell doesn't CU allow season ticket holders to pay in installments over a 12 month period? I think that would make it a lot more palpable for people to pay, in my case, say, $70 per month installments rather than $600 to $800, or whatever, in a one time hit. They could even make the renewal automatic unless notified if they wanted to.

So, when I did my donation ($250), since they had the option, I opted to have them debit it over 5 or 6 months. Like $50 or $60 a month. But I paid the full amount for the tickets. Then, a couple of days ago, I received an email that I hadn't paid by the deadline and could lose my seats. That alarmed me so I had to check my credit card and the CU web site's to make sure my payment had been credited.

Long story short, because of the donation thing still not being, technically, paid, an algorithm sent me the auto email. But here is my main point. I asked the guy if one could pay for his entire ticket package in installments. He said you can do it from February to June, or something like that. Why the hell doesn't CU allow season ticket holders to pay in installments over a 12 month period? I think that would make it a lot more palpable for people to pay, in my case, say, $70 per month installments rather than $600 to $800, or whatever, in a one time hit. They could even make the renewal automatic unless notified if they wanted to.

I think you would want to have full payment before any tickets are issued so basing it off the normal renewal window would't be practical.

You hit a good point though, spreading it over 12 months would make it easier to budget in.

What may be a very good strategy though would be to allow ticket buyers to put the next season on a 12 month plan starting at the start of the prior season. Since most season ticket holders repeat purchases this could simply become a normal monthly expense that rolls from year to year. A bonus to those season ticket holders would be that in exchange for paying early they get the next season at the current season rate.

I'd be willing to venture that some if not all the loss in revenue from yearly increases being delayed a year would be covered by additional buyers and by purchasers potentially buying higher priced ticket options.

This would all assume that the CU athletic department is actually looking for ways to increase sales by thinking a little outside the box and meeting the needs of their customers.

I think you would want to have full payment before any tickets are issued so basing it off the normal renewal window would't be practical.

You hit a good point though, spreading it over 12 months would make it easier to budget in.

What may be a very good strategy though would be to allow ticket buyers to put the next season on a 12 month plan starting at the start of the prior season. Since most season ticket holders repeat purchases this could simply become a normal monthly expense that rolls from year to year. A bonus to those season ticket holders would be that in exchange for paying early they get the next season at the current season rate.

I'd be willing to venture that some if not all the loss in revenue from yearly increases being delayed a year would be covered by additional buyers and by purchasers potentially buying higher priced ticket options.

This would all assume that the CU athletic department is actually looking for ways to increase sales by thinking a little outside the box and meeting the needs of their customers.
Yeah. Well put. My thing is that in these days of tightened budgets and prioritization put on where people will spend their money, many, I'd bet, would be more willing to agree to pay $75 a month for a couple of season tickets than they would be to drop $800 once a year. But I get your point about how you time the payment period.

Back