What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AllBuffs Upcoming Regent Election Discussion

chase5857

Club Member
Club Member
Figured nows the time to get this thread up and running. 2021 is a crucial time for our program as there are 3 seats up for election:

CD2 (Boulder): Linda Shoemaker’s district. She’s finally stepping down thankfully, but her potential successor appears just as bad if not worse

Presumed Candidate:
Callie Rennison: a Title IX administrator at the UCD campus. Think Shoemaker 2.0 (maybe worse). Already been endorsed by Shoemaker and will be 100% anti athletics

Goal: To find a pro athletic democrat to rally around as this is in boulder county and most voters will just vote on this along par there just isn’t one clearly identified.

CD6 (Aurora) – MOST IMPORTANT SEAT: This race will be to replace John Carson, who declined to run for a second term. The Democrats have coalesced around single candidate:

Illana Spiegel- an education activist.

Republican Choices (these two will primary one another before going up against Speigel:

Priscilla Rahn – Priscilla is a secondary school teacher in Aurora. Apparently have heard nice things about her but we don’t know her stance on athletics so no need to really take a chance

Richard Murray – Richard, who is an attorney, is the candidate Most of the Republican establishment have rallied around as the most electable candidate. He’s backed by the other conservative regents on the currently on the board as well. He is also a huge Buff fan supporter and was at the Blake Street tavern signing day event

Rallying around Richard to get him elected should be priority #1 for fans of Buff athletics. It doesn’t matter about party lines here. It just matters on keeping a pro-athletic majority on the Board. That majority goes away if We lose this seat.

Link to his campaign is below: please take time to donate whatever your able to over the coming months!!

Sorry forgot to post the third seat:

CD7 (Jefferson County) – Irene Griego is not running for a second term, but neither party has found a candidate to run to replace her yet.

I think Aaron Harber is running in 2nd CD. I’ve met him. He’s a bit of a goof, but I think he’s be a definite upgrade over Shoemaker and Rennison. I don’t live in 2nd CD, but if I did, he’s who I would support.

At the very least, you could throw some funds at him to help with his campaign.

Back