What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre Roberson: The Reason We're Going To Have An Extra 2013 Scholarship

Will Dre go pro after next season?

• Yes

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
To the 11 people who don't think he will go pro, what is your reasoning? Think he won't be a 1st rounder?

I am probably the bus driver of team skeptical, but if he is a projected 1st rounder, he is foolish not to go.

Won't find an argument from me there. If it's a favorable year, he should certainly jump. I just really think he's a 4 year guy in regular circumstances.

I am probably the bus driver of team skeptical, but if he is a projected 1st rounder, he is foolish not to go.

This. As much as I love the potential of the 2013-14 team if we have Dre along with a junior class of The Mayor & Ski and our ridiculously talented frosh class, I can't see him staying if he's a first round pick. And I can't see anyone getting upset at him for leaving if he's a first rounder.

I am catching up on my stat nerdom blog reading today and there was a post from a couple weeks ago on thewagesofwin.com and I immediately thought of of this thread when reading.

The title of the article:
[h=1]The college basketball player’s guide to getting paid[/h]They talk about "getting the right stat line"

• Shoot as much as you can. Efficiency helps but not enough for you to care.
  • Wrack up the blocks
  • It’s ok to foul, just make sure you’re getting blocks and steals.
  • It’s good to pass but nowhere near as good as shooting
  • Don’t worry about rebounding or turnovers

Dre's game doesn't really lend itself to "getting the right stat line," but it isn't all bad. He isn't a volume shooter, he does rack up the blocks and get a few steals but doesn't have many assists. But the biggest issue and his greatest strength, rebounding, is one of the stats not to worry about.

Obviously this isn't an exact blue print, but it is a pretty good historical rough draft.

Back