What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre Simmons and WR thoughts

DeNiro

My Dixie Wrecked
From the limited time he was in, I liked what I saw from him. He is a better player than Josh Smith, he ran his routes really well, hustled even when the ball wasn't coming his way. Made contact with DB's to try and get some calls on balls that were poorly thrown...

If only we had a QB that could get him the ball! Shall we start calling for Evans or Sloata because apparently Hansen is red shirting?

Espy has no business starting as a WR, he can't get seperation, he looked extremly slow... Punt retunrs were a joke, maybe coverage too though.

And Joesph the freshman looked ok out there, not bad actually from how late he came in.

Even with McKnights drops, he did play well with heart.

Just some thoughts from Section 2 yesterday.

simmons... will jeff... both should be in as many plays as possible. I don't if we have to throw out half the playbook, Espy does not belong on the field, especially opposite McKnight...

I don't care if Simmons doesn't know the plays and is nothing but a decoy, but after that long catch he needed to be on the field every play. When we run a tight set with Espy and McKnight as the only two WRs, the defense knows it's one of three plays: a quick slant to McKnight, a hand off to Sumler for .5 yards, or a boot leg rollout with a pass to Geer. That's it.

By the way, I do not have a problem with Espy returning punts. Even though he didn't look electric back there, he had one nice return that was called back for a stupid block in the back away from the play and he caught every ball. The excitement of JFly on punt returns was nice, but punt returns who catch the ball every time are much more valuable than inconsistent guys, IMO.

I don't care if Simmons doesn't know the plays and is nothing but a decoy, but after that long catch he needed to be on the field every play. When we run a tight set with Espy and McKnight as the only two WRs, the defense knows it's one of three plays: a quick slant to McKnight, a hand off to Sumler for .5 yards, or a boot leg rollout with a pass to Geer. That's it.

By the way, I do not have a problem with Espy returning punts. Even though he didn't look electric back there, he had one nice return that was called back for a stupid block in the back away from the play and he caught every ball. The excitement of JFly on punt returns was nice, but punt returns who catch the ball every time are much more valuable than inconsistent guys, IMO.
agreed on espy returning punts. Hell, agreed on everything. :yeahthat: :stupid:

espinosa is hawk's type of player, but this isn't boise. Mcknight had a couple key drops too so it's not like he didn't have his moments.

Agree also,

Can't give Espy grief about punt returns. He is clearly not electric but makes good decisions and holds onto the ball. The CSU punter did a very good job of hanging the ball up and Espy really didn't have anywhere to go most of the time. As a reciever he should be a back-up to McKnight, he was open some but Cody doesn't have the are to get the ball into quick pockets downfield.

Jefferson looked lost quite a few times but clearly has talent. Simmons is the real deal, if only we had someone who could get it to him.

espinosa is hawk's type of player, but this isn't boise. Mcknight had a couple key drops too so it's not like he didn't have his moments.

You mean slow, short (white?) receivers are hawk's type of player? McKnight got roughed up by the csu defenders and espy looked like a junior high player in a CU costume. Against Texas and the rest of the Big XII this will not be pretty. Here's hoping Simmons and Simas are as good as advertised. I'm sick of all these years of anemic offenses. It's one thing to lose and lose often but there is no fun, no joy, no entertainment in watching cody and company go 3 and out 20 times a game. Putrid.

You mean slow, short (white?) receivers are hawk's type of player? McKnight got roughed up by the csu defenders and espy looked like a junior high player in a CU costume. Against Texas and the rest of the Big XII this will not be pretty. Here's hoping Simmons and Simas are as good as advertised. I'm sick of all these years of anemic offenses. It's one thing to lose and lose often but there is no fun, no joy, no entertainment in watching cody and company go 3 and out 20 times a game. Putrid.

Ok I can't wait to see simmons on the field WITH Simas, BUT WAIT, we still have a pee wee quarterback throwing them the ball - how do they have a chance to be successful receivers if the qb can hardly get the ball to them??

Royale - no need to bring race into this. Consider this post an informal warning

Oh it offends you that I stated an obvious fact, that McKnight and espy are in fact white? Consider this my informal stfu.

I have received an infraction so now I'll go stand in the corner. Wow, hyper-sensitive much dionisus? The good thing is that you're not abusing your 'power'. I didn't make a racial slur and you deserved my response.

Best Regards,
Royale

Stating that someone is in fact white is not a racial slur. I forgot that this is the people's republic of boulder though.

I've never really been impressed with Espinoza. He definitely shoudn't be returning punts. I don't understand why hawk feels he needs to put that guy back there. It seems like more of a statement than anything else.

Epsinoza simply is not a Big 12 football player, either returning punts or at WR. But hey, he works super duper hard in practice!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Epsinoza simply is not a Big 12 football player, either returning punts or at WR. But hey, he works super duper hard in practice!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
He is back! Where have you been? Yes....this guy is not Big 12 caliber.

From the limited time he was in, I liked what I saw from him. He is a better player than Josh Smith, he ran his routes really well, hustled even when the ball wasn't coming his way. Made contact with DB's to try and get some calls on balls that were poorly thrown...

If only we had a QB that could get him the ball! Shall we start calling for Evans or Sloata because apparently Hansen is red shirting?

Espy has no business starting as a WR, he can't get seperation, he looked extremly slow... Punt retunrs were a joke, maybe coverage too though.

And Joesph the freshman looked ok out there, not bad actually from how late he came in.

Even with McKnights drops, he did play well with heart.

Just some thoughts from Section 2 yesterday.
I was pleased with Simmons, especially considering the short time he had in camp and I think the other young WRs will do fine but some just do not belong on the field, I'm sure we all know who they are.

Stating that someone is in fact white is not a racial slur. I forgot that this is the people's republic of boulder though.

There is more to that comment than simply stating they are white. We all know that. Trying to pretend otherwise and turn this back on the moderator is weak.

Or maybe identifying players by race every time you talk about them is just going to be your "thing".... :huh:

I've never really been impressed with Espinoza. He definitely shoudn't be returning punts. I don't understand why hawk feels he needs to put that guy back there. It seems like more of a statement than anything else.

Its probably because he's the best at catching punts, which we as fans tend to overlook..

Still, its pretty sorry especially for a coach in his fourth year.. He's had plenty of time to recruit guys that can catch punts..

I did make an observation the other night at the game. At one point I think in the 4th qtr, I noticed that out of our 11 guys on offense, 10 of them were white. I don't think I have ever seen that on a football team before.

I did make an observation the other night at the game. At one point I think in the 4th qtr, I noticed that out of our 11 guys on offense, 10 of them were white. I don't think I have ever seen that on a football team before.

I take it you don't catch a lot of BYU games?

I take it you don't catch a lot of BYU games?

No, I don't. I used to love college football, but since this BCS crap has been proven a joke, all I am going to pay attention to are CU games. BYU and Utah having alot of white players would make sense though.

No, I don't. I used to love college football, but since this BCS crap has been proven a joke, all I am going to pay attention to are CU games. BYU and Utah having alot of white players would make sense though.

Your post reminded me when I was thinking the same thing watching the BYU Oklahoma game. It didn't seem to bother them much though.

There is more to that comment than simply stating they are white. We all know that. Trying to pretend otherwise and turn this back on the moderator is weak.

Or maybe identifying players by race every time you talk about them is just going to be your "thing".... :huh:

Hold on there hoss. We all know what? What was I saying then? Weak, this whole phony outrage is weak. Oh dear have I offended the wide receivers by making the comment in passing that they are white? I didn't call them crackers or honkeys or say that they suck because they are white. Read along with me if you will the EXACT phrasing of the rules for posting:

We don't need no stinkin' rules!

• No racial slurs or attacks. We have a zero tolerance policy, automatic site ban.
  • No Excessive profanity, posting of pictures with profanity.
  • No nudity and/or sexually explicit pictures or Avatars.
  • If you link to a site that contains objective material i.e Nudity, strong language please be sure to include the NSFW tag. (Not Safe For Work)
  • No personal attacks on players or recruits. They are students trying their best, they are not getting paid out there.
  • You want to argue something or vent without being constructive take it to the Smack Room. (Trolling)
Now then, in what way did I make a racial SLUR or attack them for merely being white? If these cats were Ed McCaffrey 2.0's you can rest assured I'd be singing their freaking praises but they're not. Easy Ed was unusual for being a white guy at a position where that is not typical but he was money. Now as for disrespecting our mod overlords: lets look at the rules again. My response to dio's censorship was tongue in cheek because I said "here's my informal stfu" but more importantly I didn't actually use any profanity or obscene pictures or personal attacks against him. Every single day on this forum people are disrespectful to themselves, eachother, the school, the players, our opponents with all manner of offensive terms barely masked by the replacing of letters with asterisks. When someone writes "phuck you c0*ksucker" in an angry tone it's pretty clear what the sentiment is yet I see very few public reprimands for these people. That's fine, we're all adults here and I can take it and dish it out but I make an innocent comment and the Stasi starts knocking at my door. Is that how it works around here? Because sunshine pumpers like valdez don't like my stance on the program or my choice of politically unpopular words I have to bow and scrape to them? Eff that. I am cynical and negative, fine, but I contribute to the conversation and I care so much about the university and the football program. If it didn't matter to me I wouldn't even be defending myself in this manner I'd just say "all of you can kiss my rebel d*ck" and be gone.

Hold on there hoss. We all know what? What was I saying then? Weak, this whole phony outrage is weak. Oh dear have I offended the wide receivers by making the comment in passing that they are white? I didn't call them crackers or honkeys or say that they suck because they are white. Read along with me if you will the EXACT phrasing of the rules for posting:

We don't need no stinkin' rules!

• No racial slurs or attacks. We have a zero tolerance policy, automatic site ban.
  • No Excessive profanity, posting of pictures with profanity.
  • No nudity and/or sexually explicit pictures or Avatars.
  • If you link to a site that contains objective material i.e Nudity, strong language please be sure to include the NSFW tag. (Not Safe For Work)
  • No personal attacks on players or recruits. They are students trying their best, they are not getting paid out there.
  • You want to argue something or vent without being constructive take it to the Smack Room. (Trolling)
Now then, in what way did I make a racial SLUR or attack them for merely being white? If these cats were Ed McCaffrey 2.0's you can rest assured I'd be singing their freaking praises but they're not. Easy Ed was unusual for being a white guy at a position where that is not typical but he was money. Now as for disrespecting our mod overlords: lets look at the rules again. My response to dio's censorship was tongue in cheek because I said "here's my informal stfu" but more importantly I didn't actually use any profanity or obscene pictures or personal attacks against him. Every single day on this forum people are disrespectful to themselves, eachother, the school, the players, our opponents with all manner of offensive terms barely masked by the replacing of letters with asterisks. When someone writes "phuck you c0*ksucker" in an angry tone it's pretty clear what the sentiment is yet I see very few public reprimands for these people. That's fine, we're all adults here and I can take it and dish it out but I make an innocent comment and the Stasi starts knocking at my door. Is that how it works around here? Because sunshine pumpers like valdez don't like my stance on the program or my choice of politically unpopular words I have to bow and scrape to them? Eff that. I am cynical and negative, fine, but I contribute to the conversation and I care so much about the university and the football program. If it didn't matter to me I wouldn't even be defending myself in this manner I'd just say "all of you can kiss my rebel d*ck" and be gone.

You got a warning in a post. You could have just said " OK I get what he is trying to do" and moved on. Lets not make a bigger deal out of this than it has to be.

Back