What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Another black eye for the Buckeyes?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/05/07/osu-to-investigate-players-car-deals.html?sid=101

Ohio State University's chief enforcer of NCAA rules said yesterday that he will investigate used-car purchases made by dozens of OSU athletes at two Columbus car dealers to see if any sale violated collegiate rules....

Public records show that in 2009, a 2-year-old Chrysler 300 with less than 20,000 miles was titled to then-sophomore linebacker Thaddeus Gibson. Documents show the purchase price as $0....

The cars involved sold for the average price of $11,600. Most vehicles were Chevrolets, Buicks or Dodges manufactured between 2000 and 2007. More than half had less than 50,000 miles when sold by Kniffin. Six cars had more than 100,000 miles....

Hmmmmmmm

Didn't Maurice Clarett claim something about special benefits from a car dealership?

Will OSU have anyone left to play us by the time this all gets sorted out.

Could be the final nail in the coffin for sweatervest. Hard to hide car transactions since titles change hands.

They should have just kept to the SEC method and paid players in cash.

if this doesnt get them the lack of institutional control... then the ncaa will burn

This just gets better by the day. The longer they hold on to the sweater vest the bigger the hole is going to get. The sooner they fire the guy, the sooner that the can air all the dirty laundry(I'm betting there is going to be more and more) and say that they are washing their hands of it.

Maybe Hawkins can take over and rebuild another troubled program. /sarcasm

Just had to add these two items from the article for comedic value:

"Public records show that in 2009, a 2-year-old Chrysler 300 with less than 20,000 miles was titled to then-sophomore linebacker Thaddeus Gibson. Documents show the purchase price as $0."

'"We'll take a step back, we'll take a look at the transactions and the values, and we'll make some determinations in consultation with the (Big Ten) conference office and go from there," said Doug Archie, associate athletic director and head of compliance at OSU.
"I have nothing to believe a violation has occurred," he said.'

Ummm what??? You think a title for a vehicle with a purchase price of $0 is no indication of a possible violation? No wonder these idots are continuing to dig their hole deeper.

Just had to add these two items from the article for comedic value:

"Public records show that in 2009, a 2-year-old Chrysler 300 with less than 20,000 miles was titled to then-sophomore linebacker Thaddeus Gibson. Documents show the purchase price as $0."

'"We'll take a step back, we'll take a look at the transactions and the values, and we'll make some determinations in consultation with the (Big Ten) conference office and go from there," said Doug Archie, associate athletic director and head of compliance at OSU.
"I have nothing to believe a violation has occurred," he said.'

Ummm what??? You think a title for a vehicle with a purchase price of $0 is no indication of a possible violation? No wonder these idots are continuing to dig their hole deeper.

Thad was just taking it for a "test drive" and forgot to take it back

tressel_detail.jpg

It looks like Ohio State is trying to protect their cherished image of purity and putting up the walls of "isolated instance," and "minor issues." The longer they try to do this it looks like the more the stain is going to set. Their idea that they can maintain themselves above it all is already gone. The best thing they could do is fire Tressel, admit everything blaming it on him, and move on. They won't do this but it would probably be their best bet in the long run because as this stuff keeps slipping out like chunks from a toddlers loose fitting diaper it will just enforce to idea that they are full of it and trying to cover up instead of being a relatively clean program that made some mistakes and is willing to fix them.

How long do you have to keep your sig pic for? I'm sick of seeing Van der Beak.

Gene, oh Gene, oh Gene, these questions are just getting harder and harder to answer aren't they. It's not as simple as "We have been trying to cross our t's and dot our i's and frankly the Colorado Buffaloes have neither t's nor i's in their name and Alabama-Birmingham and Virginia Commonwealth had quite a few, so we went with them."

I wonder who had their t's dotted and i's crossed on those car purchase documents ey?

But Ohio State has the t's crossed and i's dotted LOL

Last edited:
How much crap has to hit the fan before the University steps in and does some house cleaning? I've read some of the chat on OSU sites and the fans seem to have jumped ship.

Really? You would think fans from THIS University would allow an investigation to be performed before heaping accusations on the school.

While Tressel lied and will pay a hefty price, we have no idea yet if the school was complicit in his lying.

Same with these athletes. if they took cars, then they should be punished.

We as fans were screaming that the recruits themselves and the player who hosted them were guilty of their transgressions and we did not want the school to be tarnished because of the actions of a few people.....

glass houses people, glass houses....

Really? You would think fans from THIS University would allow an investigation to be performed before heaping accusations on the school.

While Tressel lied and will pay a hefty price, we have no idea yet if the school was complicit in his lying.

Same with these athletes. if they took cars, then they should be punished.

We as fans were screaming that the recruits themselves and the player who hosted them were guilty of their transgressions and we did not want the school to be tarnished because of the actions of a few people.....

glass houses people, glass houses....

it's not how it works. our guys are unfairly punished by Boulder's feminazis, the popo, and free lunches while everyone else is a "win at all costs" outlaw program. our guys are priests and vols at the local senior citizen home while making impossible C's at CU, and the other team is cheating.

Coach Mac's guys were curing cancer when they weren't giving out free balloons.

Back