What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Another Player Has Left The Team...

Heard it on 104.3 driving home from the grocery store. Not a surprise. This has been a long time coming and has been an open secret around the program.

Best of luck to Darrell. Hopefully he'll find a home and a system that work for him.

Not surprised, best of wishes to Scott. Hawkins is a joke! Yes I mean that, rip me if you want.

You meant rep you, right?? Right now that's what that post makes me want to do... :cool:

Tried, but it won't let me. Guess I need to spread some rip... I owe you one.... :thumbsup:

Scott is a joke for quitting on his mates. He has shown nothing in 2 years in the same number of carries roughly as Sumler gets. Sumler and Scott have both shown they are backups to Speedy and Sumler can pass block. Both can catch the ball better than Speedy.

What does it say about a guy who quits in the middle of the season? You don't quit on your mates man.... This is weak Scott.

GL to Darrell, he was really mishandled here in my opinion and this is another blue chip under Hawkins that has either failed to get on the field at all or has been a total bust.

Not one of the **** or ***** players recruited under Hawkins has panned out. Not one.

Scott is a joke for quitting on his mates. He has shown nothing in 2 years in the same number of carries roughly as Sumler gets. Sumler and Scott have both shown they are backups to Speedy and Sumler can pass block. Both can catch the ball better than Speedy.

What does it say about a guy who quits in the middle of the season? You don't quit on your mates man.... This is weak Scott.

appreciate your opinion, but got it the first time.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Predictable response from a predictable poster.

Bull****, he is smart for doing this. Hawk is the joke.

This says a lot to me about the player. I don't care how bad it is, who quits in the middle of the season on your team? NFL will take note. This is a career limiting move. Transfer if you want. Become a star if you can somewhere else. But you don't leave with 5 games left, never, ever, ever (unless there's a life threatening situation you must leave school for). No matter what the situation is with Hagen, you do not walk out.

I'm sure this post will make everyone feel happy, but it's just a fact. Football is football. You don't walk out on your team period.

NFL wont care. All they will care about is what he did on the field, and that he does not have any legal issues. DS was never going to see the NFL playing at CU as long as Juicebox is the coach.

Whatever school he transfers to won't care.

I don't blame DS one bit. He could have gone to any school in the nation, but came to CU. His reward was getting screwed over by the coaches. This just confirms that I think Juicebox is back next year.

Everyone has their breaking point. While you still seem a long ways from yours, it sounds like Darrell found his...

NFL wont care. All they will care about is what he did on the field, and that he does not have any legal issues. DS was never going to see the NFL playing at CU as long as Juicebox is the coach.

Whatever school he transfers to won't care.

I don't blame DS one bit. He could have gone to any school in the nation, but came to CU. His reward was getting screwed over by the coaches. This just confirms that I think Juicebox is back next year.

If he blows up at his next school, no one will care. It will be Calhoun all over again.

I would agree that as a rule of thumb quitting in the middle of the season is week, although in Scott's case I would give him a pass since he has an injury complicating the matter.

Wish him well, but imo the great story here remains that the top running back recruit in the nation was beaten out by a guy nobody in 1A even wanted until he landed here at the last minute.

Not surprised, best of wishes to Scott. Hawkins is a joke! Yes I mean that, rip me if you want.
All goes back to Juicebox forcing players into a system, instead to tapering the system to fit the skills of the player. The worst part of this whole thing is that all winter, spring, and summer of next year we have to listen to his bull $hit. That really sucks - it's like being forced to listen to a TV evangelist for hours.:cry:

Bull****, he is smart for doing this. Hawk is the joke.

I agree. Scott is doing what is best for him. It appears to me he was jacked around by the CU program (coaching staff). That's to bad. He will be a major contributer at a great school.

Good Luck to him where ever he ends up. Wouldn't it be something if he ends up at California. I'd LMAO.

Here's a question... Can Scott parlay his injury and VERY limited playing time into a medical redshirt this year and play right away next year?

I believe he's played in more than 30% of the games, but his game actions was very limited.

i don't blame DS. kid is making a good move imo. this staff is a joke.

CU and Boulder are great, but he needs to think about more than memories (or lack thereof) at the Sink and winning 4 games a year with these double A coaches.

I can not blame DS for doing this. He was getting jerked around with IMO.

Call him a bust all you want and worship Rodney Stewart (who I think is a great player, don't misunderstand) but DS has the highest YPC of any back on our team this year.

He is sitting at a mediocre 4.1 YPC while RS is sitting at a bad 3.6 YPC. Sumler is netting 3.7 YPC.

Our OL sucks that's why we can't run the ball. But to say that DS didn't produce this year and that RS is better is kind of nonsense when you look at the rushing stats this year. RS has more yards because he gets more touches, simple as that.

This is the ultimate result of DH's refusal to give his blue chip guys a chance to actually play.

Do you seriously think Andre Simmons is glad he chose to come to school here at this point?

Here's a question... Can Scott parlay his injury and VERY limited playing time into a medical redshirt this year and play right away next year?

I believe he's played in more than 30% of the games, but his game actions was very limited.

He'll surely try, I'd image though that the NCAA doesnt bend the rule, they have a habit of coming down hard on players and soft on programs ask OSU.

Hurt his NFL chances?? :lol: Im not sure right now that his **** attitude is the thing the NFL scouts are most worried about regarding DS. I dont know why everyone is on suicide watch about this. He really wasnt the best back on the team, not even the 2nd best. He wasnt "mishandled". If you want to start and play division 1 football, show up in ****ing shape. He's been all but out the door for 3 weeks now, not a great teammate in my opinion. Not even a good one.

I really dont think he's going to "blow up" at the next school. Best of luck, I guess, but Im a lot more concerned about almost every other ****ty thing this coaching staff had done than the "mishandling" of DS.

I'm pretty sure the NCAA has a 5* RB transfer from CU to anywhere gets an exemption rule.

Call him a bust all you want and worship Rodney Stewart (who I think is a great player, don't misunderstand) but DS has the highest YPC of any back on our team this year.

He is sitting at a mediocre 4.1 YPC while RS is sitting at a bad 3.6 YPC. Sumler is netting 3.7 YPC.

I take issue with the mid-season departure, apply for the med-redshirt and bide your time. As for the stats even you'd have to admit it easier to run against Toledo than it is against Texas et all.

Our OL sucks that's why we can't run the ball. But to say that DS didn't produce this year against Toledo and that RS is better is kind of nonsense when you look at the rushing stats this year.

FIFY

How about rushing stats last year?

I've mixed feeling on this. I do think him leaving mid-season is lame. He has not produced while being here, so from what we've seen so far we are not losing much from a player prospective. He could not beat out Speedy, and isn't a better player than Speedy.

The crappy part is yet another high profile, 5 star recruit is leaving Boulder. This off season is going to be a unmitigated ****ing disaster. And I fear the flood gates are going to open with regard to transfers players leaving the program.

i don't blame DS. kid is making a good move imo. this staff is a joke.

CU and Boulder are great, but he needs to think about more than memories (or lack thereof) at the Sink and winning 4 games a year with these double A coaches.

I agree Mick, but if it was me I would at least wait until after the season to see what happens here. Hawkins might get fired and Bohn could hire my guy Niumatalolo, and we lead the nation in rushing. He could just as easily transfer after the drama plays out.

Of course that doesn't solve the puzzle of how Scott could beat out a more productive runner in Stewart.

Hurt his NFL chances?? :lol: Im not sure right now that his **** attitude is the thing the NFL scouts are most worried about regarding DS. I dont know why everyone is on suicide watch about this. He really wasnt the best back on the team, not even the 2nd best. He wasnt "mishandled". If you want to start and play division 1 football, show up in ****ing shape. He's been all but out the door for 3 weeks now, not a great teammate in my opinion. Not even a good one.

I really dont think he's going to "blow up" at the next school. Best of luck, I guess, but Im a lot more concerned about almost every other ****ty thing this coaching staff had done than the "mishandling" of DS.

He's going to have a tough time even seeing the field at UCLA according to my boys from there.

Back