What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Another rivalry bites the dust due to realginment

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
@JeremyMauss
Jeremy Mauss
RT @HoyosRevenge Just told by a couple of people Big10/Pac12 games have officially ended BYU V Utah in football for the forseeable future

Now Utah has just Utah State to beat up on these days just like CU has CSU. Another boost to CU-Utah.

Once college football goes to a 14-game schedule, these kinds of games will come back.

This is clearly Larry Scott's plan to force the CU/jUjU rivalry to take off.

FSU and Clemson are potential Big 12 additions:

The Big 12 conference will put its expansion plans on hiatus while Clemson and FSU decide to apply for membership or stay with the ACC

http://www.eerinsider.com/2012-articles/february/clemson-and-fsu-are-on-the-clock.html

If it sounds far-fetched, Clemson has formed an advisory committee to explore the possibility:

This scratches the surface or eludes to what our opinion is- College football is now an arms race; get "all the way in" the game or keep out. Kind of like say, Syracuse, Pitt, Duke or UNC. They are in a game; the difference is their game is basektball. Their game will never fully showcase ACC football so it's a respected national brand. Syracuse and Pitt's 848 football fans they will bring to Death Valley don't excite Clemson fans.

For ACC commissioner John Swofford and his gang their game is basketball plain and simple. Their motivations keep the ACC one dimensional, dumb down the competition in football and keep the prize football horses Clemson, VT, FSU and Miami off the race trac. Hire the worse college football officials money can buy and let the SEC, Big 12, Pac 12 and Big 10 stomp a mud hole in the ACC on national stages.

http://cemetery-hill.com/2012-artic...ed-at-clemson-time-to-get-all-the-way-in.html

FSU and Clemson are potential Big 12 additions:

http://www.eerinsider.com/2012-articles/february/clemson-and-fsu-are-on-the-clock.html

If it sounds far-fetched, Clemson has formed an advisory committee to explore the possibility:

http://cemetery-hill.com/2012-artic...ed-at-clemson-time-to-get-all-the-way-in.html

Can't blame them for not being big on the addition of Pitt and 'Cuse. Can't say I'm wild about it either. I still bet both Clemson and FSU stay put though

Can't blame them for not being big on the addition of Pitt and 'Cuse. Can't say I'm wild about it either. I still bet both Clemson and FSU stay put though

More than likely they will stay but can't blame that Clemson board for being so critical of the "All Carolina Conference" and Swofford's "baby blue mafia". That was great stuff. :lol:

The Big 12 should forget about BYU. With the addition of WVU, they'll need some schools to bridge the geographic gap. Louisville, Cincinatti and Memphis come to mind. Solid basketball programs with crappy football teams that UT can bitch slap around. They each come with an added benefit of being in a middle sized media market as well.

The Big 12 should forget about BYU. With the addition of WVU, they'll need some schools to bridge the geographic gap. Louisville, Cincinatti and Memphis come to mind. Solid basketball programs with crappy football teams that UT can bitch slap around. They each come with an added benefit of being in a middle sized media market as well.

BYU seems like a massive "meh" to me from a Big 12 perspective, unless the bible belters v. the mormons angle has play....and ugh, what a world that is.

I agree. Geographically they really should find some support for WVU. However, I can see the appeal of BYU since it would get them back in the mountain time zone (a growing part of the US) and the national Mormon following. I would also imagine BYU does actually add dollars to the conference rather than dilution.

Back