What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Another sign of progress?

SuperD

Club Member
Club Member
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but unless my math is wrong Embree and his staff have now matched the Bird's total number of road wins.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but unless my math is wrong Embree and his staff have now matched the Bird's total number of road wins.

Correct. The last guy's only road wins were 43-23 at Baylor and 31-26 at Texas Tech, both in October '07

Last edited:
Random thought but why did Embree call a TO with 11 seconds left. Why not with like 3 to make it the last play of the game

Aren't there 10 second run offs for certain penalties? Only thing I can think of.
all offensive penalties in the last minute of each half

from 2011
NEW RULE: If an offense commits a penalty in the last minute of a half, the punishment will include a 10-second run-off as well as the yardage.

I think the main sign of progress was the actual come from behind. IIRC at one point we were down on our 5 yard line with 5 mins left and down 13 points. Our team didn't give up, which was out of the ordinary

Random thought but why did Embree call a TO with 11 seconds left. Why not with like 3 to make it the last play of the game

Penalties in the final minute result in 10 seconds going off the clock

Well then damn, I have to give JE some credit for that one. Seriously - that's some great thinking right there. Would be very easy to either not know that (like me), or completely forget it in the heat of the moment.

Well then damn, I have to give JE some credit for that one. Seriously - that's some great thinking right there. Would be very easy to either not know that (like me), or completely forget it in the heat of the moment.

Yeah. Excellent game management by Embree there. He made sure that a delay of game or false start penalty wouldn't have ended the game. Nice job.

Yeah. Excellent game management by Embree there. He made sure that a delay of game or false start penalty wouldn't have ended the game. Nice job.

Also, if there had been a defensive penalty we would have had time for another play

I rarely give this grade, but our coaches got an A+ for clock management at the end. Coaches everywhere, on Saturdays and Sundays, regularly mangle that situation.

I rarely give this grade, but our coaches got an A+ for clock management at the end. Coaches everywhere, on Saturdays and Sundays, regularly mangle that situation.
yes. I will remember that instead of the 4th and 12 decision in the first half.

Revenge is sweet! They "stole" one from us at home last year...glad we did it to them!!! Leach is beatable...even Pigeon beat him on the road.

A lot of things happened yesterday...Defense caused turnovers, a couple interception, forced fumble. Also, new guys in secondary grew a little and started playing the ball in the second half.

There was another coaching gem from the game yesterday and I'm not sure many saw it.

On the last play of the game, CU lined up Perciak out on a WR and used him on a delayed blitz. The only rushing DL man started on the same side and slanted inside to draw pretty much the entire OL with him. That let Perciak come unblocked and force the QB to scramble instead of loading up for 1 last deep throw.

Low percentage play for the offense anyway but clearly Embree had thought about this situation and was ready for it.

That my friends is coaching!

There was another coaching gem from the game yesterday and I'm not sure many saw it.

On the last play of the game, CU lined up Perciak out on a WR and used him on a delayed blitz. The only rushing DL man started on the same side and slanted inside to draw pretty much the entire OL with him. That let Perciak come unblocked and force the QB to scramble instead of loading up for 1 last deep throw.

Low percentage play for the offense anyway but clearly Embree had thought about this situation and was ready for it.

That my friends is coaching!

I noticed that too Spiff. Sneaky, Sneaky.

I've never seen anyone use that technique before but it makes a lot of sense. Props to our coaches on that one. I also thought the playcalling and general vibe of the sideline during that last drive was great. No panic. Embo was in charge and he clock management was spot on.

I've never seen anyone use that technique before but it makes a lot of sense. Props to our coaches on that one. I also thought the playcalling and general vibe of the sideline during that last drive was great. No panic. Embo was in charge and he clock management was spot on.

After seeing the total frustration at Fresno and the look on Embos face it was amazing to see him calm, in charge, and in full communication mode this game. Normally when a coach loses a team like these coaches lost the team at Fresno you don't get them back. Somehow the staff did get this team back.

Not to be forgotten was how we didn't put a return man back on the punt right before halftime, ergo we couldn't have a catstrophic fumble and give away points right before halftime.

Not to be forgotten was how we didn't put a return man back on the punt right before halftime, ergo we couldn't have a catstrophic fumble and give away points right before halftime.

I noticed that as well. I was very happy to see that after what happened against the sheep.

Way to go Buffs !!! I am so proud of you as a team, and also very proud of the coaches, and the fans that went to the game !!!

shoulder to shoulder - we will FIGHT- FIGHT - FIGHT- FIGHT-FIGHT !! GO BUFFS !

I WILL be at the ucla game

Back