What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Another sign that CU basketball has arrived. (like we needed one)

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
The GA section is always full at least 30 minutes prior to tipoff. That means people are showing up early to make sure they get a seat. It's crazy to look over there and see that section absolutely packed every game. It's never been like that before.

The GA section is always full at least 30 minutes prior to tipoff. That means people are showing up early to make sure they get a seat. It's crazy to look over there and see that section absolutely packed every game. It's never been like that before.

As an add - the reserved seats in the corners (no seat backs) are now filling up - each of the last two games ticket holders have had to ask people to clear their seats. I think that is great - I have no issue with GA folks coming down as long as they leave when asked - they are going to find out that finding a GA seat after they get bounced is tougher and tougher though.

We will arrive when the grey hairs start showing up or lose their seats cause its too expensive for them to keep them and not show up.

I remember when the only time anyone sat there was against KU... and those were Jayhawk fans. Glad to see how much things have changed. The students currently at CU, I imagine have no idea what it used to be like.

I remember when the only time anyone sat there was against KU... and those were Jayhawk fans. Glad to see how much things have changed. The students currently at CU, I imagine have no idea what it used to be like.
they barely have an idea of what its like now, given their attendance this season.

We will arrive when the grey hairs start showing up or lose their seats cause its too expensive for them to keep them and not show up.

I agree. But a lot of these "grey hairs" have had tickets for decades. They are used to showing up for 5-6 games a year and calling it good.

Another thing - I suppose I'm one of the grey hairs now. dammit.

I agree. But a lot of these "grey hairs" have had tickets for decades. They are used to showing up for 5-6 games a year and calling it good.

Another thing - I suppose I'm one of the grey hairs now. dammit.
and you show up. We need a new generation of grey hairs to take over.

It's still day and night compared to 10 years ago. Yes, I agree the crowds were a bit disappointing earlier this season.

Students have shown up for one game. one. for a top 15 team. and they bitched about getting tickets to that game.

And yes, I know a few more showed up for that Oregon game. Still only filled a fraction of the space allotted to them.

I hope you're not talking about these superfan ladies (eighty-nine-year-old twins, Betty Fitzgerald Hoover and Peggy Fitzgerald Coppom)! They get lifetime passes in my book.

20131120_WBB_CUvsIOWA_0001.jpg

I hope you're not talking about these superfan ladies! They get lifetime passes in my book.

20131120_WBB_CUvsIOWA_0001.jpg
obviously not. 1) they show up. 2) exceptions to my broad general rules will be made when I become benevolent dictator.

they barely have an idea of what its like now, given their attendance this season.

Give the students a break. Up until now, they've either been deep in finals or on break. Even so, they showed up reasonably well against OSU and UO. They travelled up to CSU and were packed in like sardines for the KU game. Early season games are always a little tough for students.

To put this into perspective, when I was at CU, I remember a game against Valparaiso in November or December, 1989. There was no defined student section then. We sat (roughly) where the drummer for the band is located now. There might have been 2,000 people total at that game, and hardly any students at all. It's much, much different today.

Give the students a break. Up until now, they've either been deep in finals or on break. Even so, they showed up reasonably well against OSU and UO. They travelled up to CSU and were packed in like sardines for the KU game. Early season games are always a little tough for students.

To put this into perspective, when I was at CU, I remember a game against Valparaiso in November or December, 1989. There was no defined student section then. We sat (roughly) where the drummer for the band is located now. There might have been 2,000 people total at that game, and hardly any students at all. It's much, much different today.
Yea. No. That's some bull**** unless finals started somewhere around Nov 2.

Even less at many of the OOC games I attended in Ricardo Patton era. My sophomore year in 2006 when we made the NIT and hosted a game trying to convince Roby to stay(which he did and probably regretted), they drew less than 2000 to that game.

The students will show up now that conference play is ramping up. Far less concentration of games (unlike beginning of season) and marquee matchups.

I have been to men's game at the keg with less than 1,000 people in attendance. I believe I walked down and sat 1st row at midcourt. Probably in 2003 or 2004. We have come a long way in 10 years.

Even less at many of the OOC games I attended in Ricardo Patton era. My sophomore year in 2006 when we made the NIT and hosted a game trying to convince Roby to stay(which he did and probably regretted), they drew less than 2000 to that game.

I was there for that game too - it was vs. Old Dominion and we got blasted by them - the team looked completely disinterested and unmotivated to play....

I have been to men's game at the keg with less than 1,000 people in attendance. I believe I walked down and sat 1st row at midcourt. Probably in 2003 or 2004. We have come a long way in 10 years.

I remember quite a few games like that. THey used to give free pizzas to students, and we usually went to games (Esp OOC) just for that.

Another sign: AB'ers arguing over how full the Student Section is for games over holiday break.

I bet you had a few beers though

I lived in Kitt, doubt many of the people who lived there had any idea when the basketball games were going on and it was right outside their dorms.

I was there for that game too - it was vs. Old Dominion and we got blasted by them - the team looked completely disinterested and unmotivated to play....
It was disappointing how we finished when a Tourney bid at one point seemed within reach, it was the middle of the end of Ricardo Patton that night. ODU clearly had more to play for that night. I loved in 2011 that despite missing the Tourney, they carried that chip on their shoulder.

I remember quite a few games like that. THey used to give free pizzas to students, and we usually went to games (Esp OOC) just for that.
Yep and Qdoba. Also, I have a ton of shirts from giveaways at games. A good portion of my wardrobe. I think I made back my $20 it cost for season tickets because I would've spent much more on CU shirts at the bookstore or elsewhere otherwise.

I lived in Kitt, doubt many of the people who lived there had any idea when the basketball games were going on and it was right outside their dorms.
I lived in Kitt and attended more finals in the CEC than games. I even had players on my dorm floor and didn't know games were going on at the time.

Want to see another positive sign? Leeds is throwing its own basketball tailgates for a couple of games. Just got the email invite today - the football pregame events are really nice, so I'm psyched for this.
ScreenShot406.jpg

Back