What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any word on Fords petition for a 6th year?

pcbuff

Thanks in advance. It's silly how one new recruit can swing my mood. Fishing for some more good news!

So we are wanting someone who could never break into the lineup and made very little difference......to come back and take a roster spot for another year?

Are you serious Holmes?

I think that Josh was the best RB in the program in 2012. One fumble and he couldn't get out of the doghouse.

If there's a scholarship, it wouldn't be a bad thing at all for him to be on the roster in 2014. He did miss 2 seasons due to injury, so I think he's got a solid case with the NCAA.

I have not heard they have filed anything. Just like Jack Harris. I think many of these guys are ready to move on.

So we are wanting someone who could never break into the lineup and made very little difference......to come back and take a roster spot for another year?

Are you serious Holmes?

1. I think it's been pretty well documented (and mentioned by Nik above) on here that Ford didn't play because Embree favored his prizes Abron and Powell. Favoritism perhaps, but Embree was definitely also giving the benefit of the doubt to young guys, trying to build for 2-3 years out.

2. We got plenty of roster spots. Nobody said he would take a scholarship away from a viable recruit. If there's one open come fall, I'd like to see Josh Ford get it. He deserves it.

3. We can use the competition. We got TJ, Powell and Adkins. We have to figure out if we have Creer, Crowder and Abron pretty soon. TJ will graduate and we really need two solid guys behind Powell and Adkins.

We don't know what we have in Powell.

I thought he looked good at the end of the season. I'm going on the assumption that the thigh bruise screwed up most of his sophomore season and he'll be a lot better next year.

I thought he looked good at the end of the season. I'm going on the assumption that the thigh bruise screwed up most of his sophomore season and he'll be a lot better next year.

I think we know he can be a good runner. Just not sure either coaching staff has figured out the optimal number of carries for him yet. He should never finish with just three TDs over the entire season again.

I think we know he can be a good runner. Just not sure either coaching staff has figured out the optimal number of carries for him yet. He should never finish with just three TDs over the entire season again.

A healthy Powell is a factor that defenses have to prepare for. He can make yards where none should exist. He also has the physical ability to flat out stop pass rushers when he is pass blocking.

The problem so far is that he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Part of it is as Duff mentions controlling the number of carrys and the sitations but there is still the problem that he runs upright and takes some brutal shots.

So much of what RBs do is instinctual. I wonder if something can be done to teach him to run in a less injury prone way.

he was a different back twoard the end of the year. hope he carries that momentum forward.

If it were between ToJo and Ford, I'd take Ford, FWIW.

Agreed, although TJ has shown flashes in the passing game as a receiver out of the backfield. Wonder if Ford can do that as well because Firs can actually hit the holes, something TJ just doesn't do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasn't Powell had a few concussions the last 2 years? Could be wrong on that, just wondered. Hope that doesn't become a problem.

Back