What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone Else get their Tickets yet?

Anyone else not get there tickets yet? I wonder if i need to call the ticket office.

I haven't received mine yet either. I'm contributing it to sitting in section 2 and the ticket office confirming a couple weeks ago that I was going to sit there this year instead of moving. Probably put me at the back of the print and mail list.

I got mine yesterday. I called CU a couple weeks back, and they said that they should all be received by the end of July. I think that they can't all be mailed out together because it takes time for them to manually put both the Folsom tickets and the CU-Colo A&M tickets in the envelope.

I got mine yesterday. I called CU a couple weeks back, and they said that they should all be received by the end of July. I think that they can't all be mailed out together because it takes time for them to manually put both the Folsom tickets and the CU-Colo A&M tickets in the envelope.
Envelope? Mine came in a box.

Would really kill the resale market.
It's usually the other way around - it helps the resale market. The reason is that I've never seen an e-ticket system that didn't allow one to print your own ticket (actually many (most?) are implemented where you *have* to print them yourself, the ticket issuer has just put the cost of printing onto the buyer). How does it help the secondary market? Print to pdf, sell ticket, receive paypal or other payment method, email pdf to purchaser. It increases the "trust" cost of the transaction, but lowers the "time/effort" cost. StubHub and other intermediaries take care of the "trust" factor for an inexpensive fee.

A healthy secondary market equals both increased initial sales and increased attendance. People are more willing to buy tickets if it is easy to sell them if/when something comes up and they can't go to the game (even if they don't get full cost). More people actually show up to games because there is an easy mechanism for getting unused tickets to get into the hands of people that will use them.

It's usually the other way around - it helps the resale market. The reason is that I've never seen an e-ticket system that didn't allow one to print your own ticket (actually many (most?) are implemented where you *have* to print them yourself, the ticket issuer has just put the cost of printing onto the buyer). How does it help the secondary market? Print to pdf, sell ticket, receive paypal or other payment method, email pdf to purchaser. It increases the "trust" cost of the transaction, but lowers the "time/effort" cost. StubHub and other intermediaries take care of the "trust" factor for an inexpensive fee.

A healthy secondary market equals both increased initial sales and increased attendance. People are more willing to buy tickets if it is easy to sell them if/when something comes up and they can't go to the game (even if they don't get full cost). More people actually show up to games because there is an easy mechanism for getting unused tickets to get into the hands of people that will use them.

The best part is you can email the same ticket to multiple buyers.

The best part is you can email the same ticket to multiple buyers.
That's the "trust" issue I mentioned.

What is actually pretty amazing to me is that as seemingly easy as it would be for someone to do that and make a quick buck, I have never heard of a single case of it happening. About 75% of the tickets offered on StubHub and other sites are e-tickets, where the tickets are emailed to the purchaser (if you sell e-tickets on stubhub, you upload a pdf of the ticket).

I would be hesitant to buy e-tickets without a trustworthy intermediary (stubhub, ebay, etc), but it's a pretty seamless process with them. Overall, it generally helps, rather than hurts the secondary market (and a good secondary market is generally a good thing).

I would also note that most places that have gone with e-tickets still offer the option of actual printed tickets for the luddites, there is generally a surcharge, but it is an option.

Would really kill the resale market.

Would depend on who you partner with. Miami does a digital season ticket holder card with a loyalty program and you can also use it to purchase stuff at the concessions. It's been very well received by UM fans and 6,500 of their 30,000 season ticket holders opted into the program in the first year and a half. Paperless ticketing is still really new for college athletics, although the tournament for bball uses paperless ticketing in the Final Four. Ideally, RG would introduce a digital card for season ticket holders and an application for single game buyers. The AD wouldn't save a ton of money with either of these, but both do a good job of increasing fan engagement if used properly (ie. push notification marketing and loyalty programs). The future is maximizing the game day experience for the fan so by making it easier to purchase tickets (just pull out your phone, make a profile if needed...read new marketing leads, and there ya go), easier to get into the stadium (only a minute to get in vs. 10+ minutes), and faster purchases (eCash transactions are 7x faster) you'd be doing a great job in one of those areas. Now, it's not terribly cheap to do so, but the future of sport ticketing is through technology.

Hell, I could give a 45 minute presentation on this topic.

Would depend on who you partner with. Miami does a digital season ticket holder card with a loyalty program and you can also use it to purchase stuff at the concessions. It's been very well received by UM fans and 6,500 of their 30,000 season ticket holders opted into the program in the first year and a half. Paperless ticketing is still really new for college athletics, although the tournament for bball uses paperless ticketing in the Final Four. Ideally, RG would introduce a digital card for season ticket holders and an application for single game buyers. The AD wouldn't save a ton of money with either of these, but both do a good job of increasing fan engagement if used properly (ie. push notification marketing and loyalty programs). The future is maximizing the game day experience for the fan so by making it easier to purchase tickets (just pull out your phone, make a profile if needed...read new marketing leads, and there ya go), easier to get into the stadium (only a minute to get in vs. 10+ minutes), and faster purchases (eCash transactions are 7x faster) you'd be doing a great job in one of those areas. Now, it's not terribly cheap to do so, but the future of sport ticketing is through technology.

What pro teams do this?

What pro teams do this?

Most of the MLB, the Nets use the app (their arena and how it works with the app is awesome) and a loyalty program, 49ers are doing a digital card and a loyalty program...there's obviously more but those are just off the top of my head. The digital season ticket card is the one more widely used but with the growth of technology and the growth of mobile buying the application is the long term system.

Most of the MLB, the Nets use the app (their arena and how it works with the app is awesome) and a loyalty program, 49ers are doing a digital card and a loyalty program...there's obviously more but those are just off the top of my head. The digital season ticket card is the one more widely used but with the growth of technology and the growth of mobile buying the application is the long term system.

Are you saying they have digital season tickets or a digital loyalty program. I couldnt find anything about digital 9ers season tix.

Are you saying they have digital season tickets or a digital loyalty program. I couldnt find anything about digital 9ers season tix.
Season ticket holders get a digital ticket card, similar to a credit/debit card that is attached to a loyalty program where they earn points for various reasons. The 49ers also use a mobile application for ticketing.

Loyalty: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/...n-fan-data-playbook-seeking-more-loyalty.html

App: http://www.levisstadium.com/stadium-info/stadium-app/

Im asking if their tickets are on the card or if they get hard tickets.
I'm pretty sure you can get both but I think the paper tickets are more expensive. Some teams have completely eliminated the paper tickets when they went to the cards, but I believe most offer an option with a fee for paper.

One day I got on the road to go to a game at Folsom (about a 50 minute drive for me, with decent traffic), and was about 20 minutes gone when I realized that I had not grabbed the tickets for the game. Of course, I had to turn around and get the tickets. A digital card or app would seem to be an ideal way of never forgetting the tickets.

I wonder if universities would be reluctant to dispense with some type of paper ticket because of the boiler-plate waiver/disclaimer language that they print on the back of a standard ticket (or the front of a home-printed ticket). While I have doubts that the waiver language would really be enforcable to prevent lawsuits, but probably does have some kind of legal efficacy. With a card or digital ticket, the waiver might be more complicated. The language, while it probably would not present a lawsuit against the University for a dangerous condition, gives the University a lot of right to expel people from games without refunding the ticket price, and if the person complains, the University can point to the language on the back of the ticket in the patron's pocket. While I am a lawyer, I don't to this kind of work. Still, I can see a lawyer advising the University that having all patrons to an event carry a ticket with these declaimers might prevent people from claiming that the University owes them money if they are 86'd from a game, or if the game date is moved without the patron checking. That would probably be my legal advice, were I the one giving the legal advice (and lawyers often give this type of chicken-___ advice, at least I often do).

On the back of the CU Tickets, it notes:

THIS TICKET IS SOLD SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS
1. This ticket is a revocable license granted for the sole purpose of viewing this event as an eye-witness. Any recording use or reuse (live, delayed, or otherwise) of any portion of this event including without limitation photographs, video, audio written depiction or any other form of recording is prohibited.
2. The University of Colorado may eject or refuse entry, without refund, for violation of ticket terms and conditions, facility rules, illegal activity, or the CU code of conduct.
3. Attempted or actual resale of this tick tat any price on the grounds of the event is prohibited and may result in prosecution and immediate seizure of tickets without compensation.
4. Patrons accept risk of injury.
5. Patrons expressly grant the University of Colorado and its licensees the use of the Patron's image or likeness in connection with any live or recorded transmission or reproduction of this event.
6. Game dates, times, and location are subject to change without notice. Such changes are not grounds for a refund or exchange.
7. All tickets must be purchased through a licensed authorized agency of the University of Colorado Athletic Department. Tickets purchased from other sources may be lost or stolen and in such cases will not be honored. Any person buying tickets from other sources does so at his/her own risk.
8. This ticket may not be used for advertising promotions, or as a prize in sweepstakes or contests or any other trade purposes without the express written consent of the University of Colorado Athletic Department.
9. The University of Colorado Athletic Department reserves the right to prohibit the carrying of amy items(s) into its facilities. Current list of prohibited items can be found at www.CUBuffs.com. Items may be added prior to or during an event based on briefings by law enforcement agencies.
10. Admission to this event is conditioned the Patron's agreement not to bring any weapon or firearms, including handguns carried in accordance with the Colorado Concealed Carry Act, 18-12-201, et. seq. C.R.S., into the event.
11. Children two and under are required to have a ticket if sitting in the adult person's lap.
12. Patrons agree to observe the rights of others and to abide by the CU Code of Conduct as listed at www.CUBuffs.com. Violators will be ejected from the venue without compensation. All Account Holders are responsible for their conduct as sell as the conduct of the guests and persons occupying their seats. Violations by the Account Holder or anyone occupying their seats may result in having account privileges revoked without compensation.
NO REFUNDS--NO EXCHANGES

That's quite a read. I have been a season ticket holder for a long time, and purchased individual tickets long before that, and of course had student season tickets when I was an undergraduate (which were on a single punch-card back then). I have never read the back of the ticket in full prior to typing it down for this post. I think that CU lawyers might object to getting rid of paper tickets. I (and I am ashamed to admit this) would vehemently advise keeping paper tickets so that patrons would carry this seldom read language in their pockets/purses/etc.

I would be there a few minutes late then 3 minutes later act like I got a call I needed to take and not come back.

Back