What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone going to the recruiting Luncheon?

It would be nice if there were some good questions at the luncheon. But, I suspect the people who would actually buy tickets to that thing are mainly the die-hards who are on the bus regardless of who the coach is.

It would be nice if there were some good questions at the luncheon. But, I suspect the people who would actually buy tickets to that thing are mainly the die-hards who are on the bus regardless of who the coach is.

Since Talkins has basically been acting like a hermit for the last 2.5 months, (no appearances that I'm aware of) I hope he's done his homework and has some solid answers for those tough questions instead of his typical clichés.

Not many jobs pay that kind of dough with travel benefits to places like Maui, and access to the innerworkings of one of the oldest and most revered institutions in the state and the moneyed boosters of the storied institution. Mike Bohn has few choices but to take the bad with the good.

For as bad as Mike might feel about what has gone down, it's his lot to be the steward of the CUAD. His responsibility is to provide a stage for for the student-athletes to succeed. For as bad Mike might feel, balance that against the concerns held by the athletes' families, the former athletes, the alumni and boosters, and the multitude of fans.

http://buffzone.pmpblogs.com/2010/02/01/steep-drop-in-luncheon-sales-so-far/

the writing is on the wall

I'm shocked to hear that so many people are unwilling to pay $50 for the privelege of listening to Hawkins spew a yarn of bullsh!t.

Not surprised about the sharp dropoff...I am firmly in the corner of "Shut Up and Win Dan". The performance on the field is all that I will be listening to from Boulder this year.

After today's haul I am sure the recruiting luncheon tickets are flying out the window. :lol:

I'm shocked to hear that so many people are unwilling to pay $50 for the privelege of listening to Hawkins spew a yarn of bullsh!t.

I was tempted to buy the ticket but send in a note of protest that I didn't want to hear Hawk speak so would not attend.

I decided on neither and sent more money to Unicef/Red Cross

We need to be prepared to hear that only the 500 or so people who show up at the luncheon are "Real Buffs", and that Dave Plati will say that there were about 5,000 people in attendance.

We need to be prepared to hear that only the 500 or so people who show up at the luncheon are "Real Buffs", and that Dave Plati will say that there were about 5,000 people in attendance.

And only 2 of them were in Powder Blue :smile2:

Where is the marketing genious? What is the hook that might make people want to attend?

Is the recruiting luncheon agenda and event any different? Or is the basic selling point assuming that CU fans want to spend time and money listening to the same type presentation that has been done in years past?

Does anybody expect anything different than the standard "good group of kids" line?
Is CU doing anything special like inviting every HS football coach in the state to attend?

Are we being teased with "a special announcement" or Bruce Benson offering a key note speech and Q&A on the state of the AD?
Will the regents be there? What about giving some podium time to CU Booster Solich and the millionaire's club?

The "come support the program and hear the coaches talk" angle isn't going to cut it, no matter how many phone calls are made.

Where is the marketing genious? What is the hook that might make people want to attend?

Is the recruiting luncheon agenda and event any different? Or is the basic selling point assuming that CU fans want to spend time and money listening to the same type presentation that has been done in years past?

Does anybody expect anything different than the standard "good group of kids" line?
Is CU doing anything special like inviting every HS football coach in the state to attend?

Are we being teased with "a special announcement" or Bruce Benson offering a key note speech and Q&A on the state of the AD?
Will the regents be there? What about giving some podium time to CU Booster Solich and the millionaire's club?

The "come support the program and hear the coaches talk" angle isn't going to cut it, no matter how many phone calls are made.

I'm waiting for the 4 for $40 promotion...It will come with a baloney sandwich instead of the standard rubber chicken dish, but somehow that seems apropos.....

I'm waiting for the 4 for $40 promotion...It will come with a baloney sandwich instead of the standard rubber chicken dish, but somehow that seems apropos.....

:lol: Bohn does love his discount packages when he's stuck with a product people don't want to pay full price for.

And I'll take baloney over the **** sandwich we've been served lately....

I like Dave but sometimes.....

Plati Minister.jpg
pencil.png

Holy ****, is that a decent fark on AllBuffs????????????????????????

Back