What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone notice Buffs only recruit...

We just picked up a commit from Tennessee. Our starting QB is from Washington. Our redshirt QB is from Oregon. Isiah Oliver is from Arizona.

We recruit all over.

We just picked up a commit from Tennessee. Our starting QB is from Washington. Our redshirt QB is from Oregon. Isiah Oliver is from Arizona.

We recruit all over.
i read on rivals that the official commitment list was only the states I mentioned....whats the name of the recruits you're talking about?

Walker Culver is the OT from Tennessee. The others are Sefo and Noyer. We also got Tuiloma from Hawaii last year and Tonz from Arizona last year. Plus the DB from Georgia.
I agree we concentrate on a few key places, but we seem to get guys from some odd spots every year.

You're more informed on years past....I'm only talking about what I've read and learned about the 2017 recruiting class....perhaps rivals isnt up to date, but according to them it's all tx, ca, co and fl for the incoming class of 2017..

Walker Culver is the OT from Tennessee. The others are Sefo and Noyer. We also got Tuiloma from Hawaii last year and Tonz from Arizona last year. Plus the DB from Georgia.
I agree we concentrate on a few key places, but we seem to get guys from some odd spots every year.
walker is class of 2018..

That may very well be the case in 2017. And historically we do concentrate on those areas (with Hawaii and Arizona also significantly in the mix). But we often take players from other states.

This year we have had visits from recruits (official and unofficial) from kids from Florida, Nevada, Washington, Utah, Arizona as well as those you have listed. We may not be recruiting outside the target states hard but we are not ignoring potential talent outside our normal footprint either.

Just pulling these from (tired) memory. I'm sure some others here could add a number of other states.

I think coach chev having roots in CA and TX might have something to do with the trend im seeing this year...but then again I could just be making assumptions...when I asked him about it he said he cant comment on any recruits until after signing day so I'm really just going off what Ive read....but i love this forum and the rise is most definitely real!

CA, TX, CO is the core of Colorado football rosters. Been like that forever. Often, when you see CU struggling on the field, you can trace it back to recruiting taking a dip in one or more of those states.

Besides those states, CU has coaches with geographic responsibilities in the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Nevada, Utah and Kansas for JUCOs.

If we see a recruit for CU who is from anywhere else, it's because coaches saw him at a camp or because someone in their network made a call/ sent film.

Last edited:
If that is not the strategy. It should be.

We should focus heavily on TX, CO and CA. Then go after special players anywhere in the country.

Not to give credence to the thought that this is actually a thing, but If you're going to pick 3 states to recruit...

Back