What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AP: Top Football Programs All-Time

The moment I first started to hate tOSU. The refs gave them that MNC.

Arguably the worst call ever given the magnitude of the situation. Not only was the PI call very suspect in the first place, that call single-handedly changed the national champion.

Arguably the worst call ever given the magnitude of the situation. Not only was the PI call very suspect in the first place, that call single-handedly changed the national champion.

Exactly. We get so much **** for the 5th down game (it was an extra 3rd down we wouldn't have spiked it on 4th!) But I never hear tOSU or Tressell get any crap for the PI call except from Michigan fans.

AP started in 1936. Army was a powerhouse that first decade.

Edit: FYI. This ranking wasn't opinion. It was just adding up all the AP points for the 75-year period.
Actually, Army had very good football teams, up until the 1960's. Pete Dawkins won the Heisman Trophy in 1958.

Last edited:
I think Oregon or Colorado would have given Miami a better game than the fuskers did.
definitely agree with this. I think a lot of our poor performance was the "getting invited to a lesser bowl game than you think you deserve" curse. This happens to a lot of teams, and I don't think we were immune. I also think Oregon should have gone rather than us, but I was really hoping for us. The fuskers decidedly should not have been there. Having them there was a joke, and a bad one at that.

definitely agree with this. I think a lot of our poor performance was the "getting invited to a lesser bowl game than you think you deserve" curse. This happens to a lot of teams, and I don't think we were immune. I also think Oregon should have gone rather than us, but I was really hoping for us. The fuskers decidedly should not have been there. Having them there was a joke, and a bad one at that.

I also think we came into that game overconfident and that first TD to put us up 7-0 didn't help that attitude any.

2 calls very well might have cost the U 2 national titles. They got screwed at ND once, surprise, as well. That said, Ive always thought them getting to play title games in their own stadium was ridiculous. Maybe they couldnt avoid it but it should never happen.

Back