What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Apathy?

LaserDeathHawk

Club Member
Club Member
COVID made us all find other things to occupy our time and minds last football season. Now as ticket renewal date approaches I’m super ambivalent about buying tickets this year. It’s not that I like football or CU less, it’s just that other things filled the void and I’m less fired up about the 2021 football season than any I’ve had since college.

I guess this is part of the ongoing costs of the moves they’ve made. I may still buy tickets but I’m thinking about the money and time it takes to get to 6 home games more than I have in a long time and I’m kinda bummed about the change in my mindset.

COVID made us all find other things to occupy our time and minds last football season. Now as ticket renewal date approaches I’m super ambivalent about buying tickets this year. It’s not that I like football or CU less, it’s just that other things filled the void and I’m less fired up about the 2021 football season than any I’ve had since college.

I guess this is part of the ongoing costs of the moves they’ve made. I may still buy tickets but I’m thinking about the money and time it takes to get to 6 home games more than I have in a long time and I’m kinda bummed about the change in my mindset.
I fully understand. Might I suggest a alternative and enter the AllBuffs football ticket drawing for the 2021 season. It's a nominal amount of money and you just might win a pair of tickets to a pivotal home game. Not to mention hanging out with lots of AllBuffers at Sackygate!! It doesn't get better than that!!

Even after moving across the country, I've tried to make it to at least one game every year - sometimes in Boulder, sometimes a roadie, but I'm also not really feeling it this year. I'm looking at the calendar, and just thinking "that's a long trip and a big time investment - I could spend the weekend doing _______ and only spend a few hours watching the game on TV."

I've have cut my sports viewing by 75 percent. Not just the buffs but all sports. Once I got out of the 'habit' due to covid it just isn't as important to me as it used to be. I'm conflicted in how I feel about that. Being a big sports fan has occupied a large chunk of my life and given me much pleasure. I am finally starting to get excited about March Madness and have started to watch more college basketball but nothing compared to prior years.

Apathy hit me this past season because so much of my love of Buff football has to do with the Boulder experience. Therefore, I will be enthusiastically re-upping assuming we are back in the stadium this Fall. My biggest issue is that my eldest is just starting competitive soccer so that is going to get in my way a few of the Saturdays. Dang kids.

I am personally hoping that the apathy for organized sports leads to decreased attendance and drives some great deals and specifically reduction of ticket prices once the vaccine is widely deployed and things open back up.

Visiting families & friends you used to normally do would be high on the to-do list after the mask mandates are removed. US Congress not sending the NIL legislation to President Biden is creating uncertainty the world of college sports. That combination is leading to some decisions to be made before this season. I am not sure apathy is the right word for this situation.

You might think I'm crazy for watching FCS football this spring but that is giving me the opportunity to try new ways on how I would consume sports. I might just choose one or two games to watch live on a Saturday and watch the rest on demand. I might just go all on demand going forward and free up my schedule on Saturdays but I love waking up in the morning to those 10 AM MT start times. I have liked watching Big Sky games that started closer to noon MT and those 10 AM starts for MVFC games.

I started rooting for CU in the days of the Big 8 which was nirvana as a Buffs fan. The CU administration has made it difficult to remain a Buffs fan and the COVID-19 outbreak gave me the opportunity to look at other options out there. Taking this season off from CU football is something I'm seriously considering. Sometimes you just need a break from the same old routine of the last 30 years. Is it apathy seeping in? Maybe.

My dad has had Dolphins and Hurricanes tickets since the 1970s. He's pretty much sure hes not renewing any of them. Back then the OrangeBowl was 45min from our house including traffic. Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins Stadium/Land Shark/Sun Life/New Miami/Hard Rock Stadium is a longer and painful drive.

I shared tickets a few years ago with a couple who I went to CU with. It was hard for us to get to games splitting them. Im not that interested as the best seat is on my couch.

I have a feeling that there is an ugly reckoning coming for certain sports tickets in some markets.

Last edited:
It crushed me not being able to go to either Boulder or any road games for football or basketball this year - I don't live close enough to Boulder for season tickets to be practical in either football or basketball but I am looking forward to getting back live and in person for a few games next season!

The game day experience in Boulder makes up for a lot of ****ty football. I can’t imagine not going to the games (assuming I’m allowed to) regardless of the quality of football being played.
That explains a lot of my behavior over the last 15 years. Had too absolutely love it to stick with it.

Same. Priorities and activities in the Fall have changed a little and I’m no longer able to be in Boulder or watching every single game live on TV, but there is certainly zero apathy.
Maybe it’s just relative. I was in town for every game. I watched every away game on tv. Now I’m not as committed to either of those. You’ve already made that evolution it appears

I am pretty much a watch it on TV guy now. If, someday, the Buffs are a threat in the P12, I might spend the money and time to see a game live.

I spent a lot of time and money going to Boulder and the occasional roadie to see them get whipped. I feel I have earned the right to be an apathetic fan.

I am pretty much a watch it on TV guy now. If, someday, the Buffs are a threat in the P12, I might spend the money and time to see a game live.

I spent a lot of time and money going to Boulder and the occasional roadie to see them get whipped. I feel I have earned the right to be an apathetic fan.
I can respect that. Watching the 42-7 beatdown in Tallahassee caused me to re-evaluate my Buff Roadie efforts.

Back