What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Apparently CU is a school that Cares about Football Success

Would Leavitt have even been on the table a couple years ago under Bohn? Methinks not?

Thankfully RG is kicking ass and taking whoever will get us to the top, baggage or not.

RG seems to be the swingin dick around CU now, and it seems he has made demands that the administration needs to do things they haven't done in a while if they want to retain his services. BG Brooks made it clear yesterday that the academic standards for football players have been loosened, compared to the past decade, and this hiring of JL screams, "whatever it takes". So happy we have an adult that gets **** done running the AD.

Well you should have listened to Sandy and Scott. Sandy was talking about CU paranoia as a fan base and how RG messed up with the PR side of things on the CSU series announcement. That along with yesterday saying CSU's recruiting was better than CU's on paper just because he read a story about how we lost Hockaday and how CSU kept all of thier commitments. Some of the dumbest s*** I have ever heard.

Sandy's kid goes to CSU, so I'm not surprised by the comments about RG, if true. However, he is typically pretty good with fact checking and being realistic, so calling CSU's recruiting class better than CU's is surprising. Rivals has them at #124 with only 12 recruits. Scout has UAB's class as the only one worse than CSU's, and UAB no longer has a football program. If Sandy's comments were serious, I'm very surprised.

This is the first time since probably 2009 that I am actually salivating for the season to begin!:bounce:

As Chad Brown said at length in the luncheon yesterday, and listen to it if they do a replay... Confidence displayed from the fan base is a gigantic part of turning this around. The players and the program feed off it. Nice to hear some turnaround in expectations to the positive! :nod:

SIAP and embarrassed that I read the article, but did anyone else notice in Dingo's article yesterday that MM admitted to dismissing Baer? There was actually some decent dingleberries at the bottom of the article.

SIAP and embarrassed that I read the article, but did anyone else notice in Dingo's article yesterday that MM admitted to dismissing Baer? There was actually some decent dingleberries at the bottom of the article.
:lol:
Read the article too. I heard the interview when HCMM was being pestered to be explicit about whether it was HCMM's idea or not. He eventually relented and admitted yes, but muttering and not clearly stating it as a fact. It was clear he was uncomfortable with the line of reasoning and felt no need to put Baer under the bus at this point. I appreciate that.

HCMM is a dude who knows how to run a football program, who doesn't appear to be loyal to a fault but who is also not interested in banging his chest either.

:lol:
Read the article too. I heard the interview when HCMM was being pestered to be explicit about whether it was HCMM's idea or not. He eventually relented and admitted yes, but muttering and not clearly stating it as a fact. It was clear he was uncomfortable with the line of reasoning and felt no need to put Baer under the bus at this point. I appreciate that.

HCMM is a dude who knows how to run a football program, who doesn't appear to be loyal to a fault but who is also not interested in banging his chest either.

So, Dingo couldn't have clarified that two months ago and had to embarrass MM publicly to get an answer? What a douche.

I listened to the interview and all Mac wanted to say was that the decision was made because the defense needed to get better and he wanted to leave it at that.

Pushing him wasn't necessary unless you or your readers are too dumb to read between the lines.

It seems HCMM had been doing a great job committing to getting to know the HS coaches and building networks in the state. We start winning more and the media will have a hard time ignoring or openly criticizing the program.

This -

IMO - Denver media in general is no different that a bandwagon fan. They will stop writing crap about the CU FB program when the wins start coming. With the exception of Kizla. He will just keep on criticizing the Buffs for anything he can think of.

Back