What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Apparently there is a new update from Chip Brown

I'm guessing the smart people behind the Pac 10 and UT understand that Colorado is far more lucrative moneywise as an addition to the conference. The naysayers like to deride the market here as not big into CU. There is some truth to that, but what they fail to mention is that a big reason why is because of transplants...namely from Cali and Texas. So between CU fans, Texas school fans, and Cali school fans, I think the Denver market will be quite tuned in to a Pac 16 network.

That is what I hope the Pac10 folks realize. They will get a ton more TV sets with CU vs Washington in the Denver market compared to Washington vs Baylor in the Waco/Texas market... far more. And that would hold true for most of the Pac 10 schools. You can't walk around here without tripping over someone from Cali, Washington, or Texas.

To our advantage the Cali schools understand political pressures and the combination of a state budget crunch during a recession (remember that Doug "Douche" Bruce screwed up Cali with his constitutional garbage before he decided the slum lording was more fun in Colorado Springs.) They have had to face a lot of the same pressures. This is another reason they may not be as excited about letting Texas have an undue amount of influence since the Texans would deny food to their own mothers before they would cut back on football budgets.

Texas may be the gem financially for expansion but the PAC schools understand that Colorado is far and away the best fit in many other ways and our TV market is a part of that fit.

To our advantage the Cali schools understand political pressures and the combination of a state budget crunch during a recession (remember that Doug "Douche" Bruce screwed up Cali with his constitutional garbage before he decided the slum lording was more fun in Colorado Springs.) They have had to face a lot of the same pressures. This is another reason they may not be as excited about letting Texas have an undue amount of influence since the Texans would deny food to their own mothers before they would cut back on football budgets.

Texas may be the gem financially for expansion but the PAC schools understand that Colorado is far and away the best fit in many other ways and our TV market is a part of that fit.

If you hate TABOR just wait till you get look at Bruce's latest brainchild, the Proposition 61 garbage that he's getting on the ballot this year...wants to prohibit the state from using modern finance...as in the "State" (unclear what entities that covers) is prohibited from borrowing money, and any local government borrowing requires voter approval and is limited to a 10 year payback. The man is a zealot for which ant-government spending beliefs are on the level of a religion.

If you hate TABOR just wait till you get look at Bruce's latest brainchild, the Proposition 61 garbage that he's getting on the ballot this year...wants to prohibit the state from using modern finance...as in the "State" (unclear what entities that covers) is prohibited from borrowing money, and any local government borrowing requires voter approval and is limited to a 10 year payback. The man is a zealot for which ant-government spending beliefs are on the level of a religion.

I am all for limited government, people tend to be more careful with their money than with somebodyelses and given free reign politicians (of all persuasions) will use others tax money to try to buy themselves job security. At the same time there are basic functions that govenment has to perform and others that the people have clearly indicated that they want government to perform. Idiots like Bruce think that anything that benefits them is a neccessary government service and anything that benefits others using their tax money is government waste. Bruce doesn't want to shrink government and he doesn't want to make government more local, he wants to strangle government out of existence except for those parts he considers his right. In his mind police in another neighborhood are a waste, but there had better be a car in his neighborhood. Same thing with fire, street maintainence, etc. Since he was such a flaming a**hole and couldn't get any woman to marry him and have kids he considers schools, recreation, etc. a total waste.

I wish we could pawn him off onto some other state like California did with him to us. . . Even the truly fiscally conservative politicians in his own party that I know consider him an embarassement and an idiot.

let me put it this way... a guy i grew up with just graduated from baylor with a degree in General Studies... it took him 7 years

Cal folks always say, "you can't fail out of stanford." It may be true, but stanford is still a world class school.

I have no idea about Baylor. I always assumed it was a good school.

let me put it this way... a guy i grew up with just graduated from baylor with a degree in General Studies... it took him 7 years

You know a lot of people go to college for seven years

fb9fd4a1d12842d0_bd053388a94f6896_o.jpg

Baylor is a good school. it's not a Northwestern or Duke by any means. probably the 4th or 5th best school in Texas....depending where you want to rank SMU and a smaller school called Trinity U. in San Antonio which is a very good school (for undergrad). Rice, UT, ATM, BU or SMU or Trinity.

it has some advantages being a private school, but i don't think BU can claim to be appreciably better than CU in any regard....unless you think expensive=better. or round=funny.

Looks like all the talk about A&M to SEC is dead.

From Chip:

B12 South teams appear ready to stay together in B12 or P10. ... RT @KEGreene1: so Texas isn't a cultural fit...what about A&M to the SEC?

I didn't say Baylor was ****ty, but all the numbers prove, rather easily, that CU is the second best institution in the Big XII, behind UT.

someone email plati now with a copy of the pro-baylor tweet. there is not a person better qualified in the entire universe to systematically destroy the total BULLFECES contained in those contentions than dave plati. he'll kill them with the facts comparing the 2 schools/programs.

do it now.

Ya know, we don't have much confidence in our current admin when it comes to matters concerning the CU AD..... But one thing we can always count on is Dave Plati going to bat for the University of Colorado in a time of need. The so-called sex scandal is proof of that. My guess is he's doing just that right now.

Ya know, we don't have much confidence in our current admin when it comes to matters concerning the CU AD..... But one thing we can always count on is Dave Plati going to bat for the University of Colorado in a time of need. The so-called sex scandal is proof of that. My guess is he's doing just that right now.

We need to making our case to the Pac 10 Presidents.. The PR campaign really doesn't mean much and I don't think UT politically will support us over Baylor (and I don't blame them since it wouldn't be smart politically to dump on a fellow state school).. It will be up to the Pac 10 to push for us..

We need to making our case to the Pac 10 Presidents.. The PR campaign really doesn't mean much and I don't think UT politically will support us over Baylor (and I don't blame them since it wouldn't be smart politically to dump on a fellow state school).. It will be up to the Pac 10 to push for us..

That's my point. I'd bet Plati is in overdrive right now gathering and delivering every bit of positive info on CU to the people that need to know the most. I really have no doubt about this.

I think CU is just fine. It appears as if Missou and Nebraska will jump from the Big 12, once that happens the conference likely ceases to exist. With the Big 10 making that move then the PAC needs to do something, and CU is (or should) be #2 on their list after Texas. The Baylor thing is a power play by UT. However, I still see them as potentially accepting an invite without Baylor included. Once Mizzou and Nebraska leave, the dominos start falling. Right now UT holds all the cards, but if those teams leave, then UT is in a tough spot, and I personally think CU will be fine.

I hope your right Razorbuff but what I am worried about is if ND accepts an invite to the Big 10 then they may not invite NU or MU because I think I read that ND would like just a 12 team Conf. If that's what ND wants then the Big 10 will probably give it to them. ND & 12 teams conference for Big 10 would probably mean more money per team then a 16 team conf. without ND.

Back