What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are we 1980s Georgetown basketball?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I read that comparison somewhere today.

JT was a barrier breaking AA coach who unapologetically spoke his mind, didn't run away from black youth culture but celebrated it, was a total old school disciplinarian, created a national media sensation & superstars, and won championships. To most, they were the villains & people hated them with a passion.

Coach Prime looking to do the same thing in college football.

Maybe, except Georgetown basketball wasn’t much before JT (post ww2) and it took JT a decade to build the program. It feels like people trying to force a comparison.

I hated those g-town teams because they were brutal. They were bullies. Many opponents were so intimidated they were beaten before the opening tip off.

Had nothing to do with the coaches approach or embracing culture.

I think the narrative is a real reach, a grope in the dark, so to speak.

I hated those g-town teams because they were brutal. They were bullies. Many opponents were so intimidated they were beaten before the opening tip off.

Had nothing to do with the coaches approach or embracing culture.

I think the narrative is a real reach, a grope in the dark, so to speak.
I think a lot of the hate is similar. One of the big drivers from "anonymous coaches" is that he's saying the quiet part out loud. They were all trying to poach other teams' commits and encourage players to transfer from their current teams. They were all making a financial package & brand exposure pitch to players they wanted. But they didn't do it publicly and they weren't as successful at it. JT did a lot of stuff like that when it came to the games played with academics & opportunities for young people.

I think a lot of the hate is similar. One of the big drivers from "anonymous coaches" is that he's saying the quiet part out loud. They were all trying to poach other teams' commits and encourage players to transfer from their current teams. They were all making a financial package & brand exposure pitch to players they wanted. But they didn't do it publicly and they weren't as successful at it. JT did a lot of stuff like that when it came to the games played with academics & opportunities for young people.

Didn't know that about JT. Still not sold on the narrative, tho.

And I think Prime being public on just about everything is refreshing.

Back