What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are we a top 25 team?

How about you and "Always Buff" (who I suspect is the same poster as you) go **** yourselves ... or each other, whatever works for you. Pretty sure you (singularly or collectively) is/are non-Buff trolls just here to **** with us on what should be a glorious weekend. How about you eat a voluminous bag of dicks, ... mmmkay?
What did I post that would qualify me as a troll?

I would currently put us around #20. Continue winning and it will sort itself out.

One thing I don't understand...Buffsurveyor help me out. The Huskers beat the then #22 ranked Ducks by 3 in Lincoln on a late TD and had Oregon not had some weird obsession with going for 2, they probably would have won. The huskers then jump all the way to #20. They follow that up with a rather pedestrian win at Northwestern and jump 5 more spots to #15?

Yet CU still can't crack the top 25? Again, not a big concern as it will all sort itself out, but I just found that interesting.

I would currently put us around #20. Continue winning and it will sort itself out.

One thing I don't understand...Buffsurveyor help me out. The Huskers beat the then #22 ranked Ducks by 3 in Lincoln on a late TD and had Oregon not had some weird obsession with going for 2, they probably would have won. The huskers then jump all the way to #20. They follow that up with a rather pedestrian win at Northwestern and jump 5 more spots to #15?

Yet CU still can't crack the top 25? Again, not a big concern as it will all sort itself out, but I just found that interesting.

Mostly due to being undefeated vs having 1 loss. Nevermind that pretty much everyone who has watched college football would say that if CU had played home games against Fresno, Wyoming and Oregon + traveled to Northwestern that the Buffs would be 4-0.

Also, even though they're not supposed to, pollsters like to look ahead. It makes them think they were smart about their rankings when they will likely be able to justify it next week. Nubs' next 3 games: Illinois, @Indiana, Purdue. If they don't start the season 7-0, it will be hilarious.

Nebraska hasn't lost and CU has what looks like a blowout loss to Michigan to anyone who didn't watch the game.

Texas' signature win so far is a 1-3 Notre Dame team, while also losing to Cal who would have won by more if the moron running back didn't toss the ball down before crossing the goal line.
16 votes. Lol UGA is not a top 25 team, neither is Texas or UNC or Florida. Coaches Poll always sucks.

You forgot one. Miami is 3-0 against...
Sat, Sep 3 vs Florida A&M W 3 - 70
Sat, Sep 10 vs Florida Atlantic W 10 - 38
Sat, Sep 17 @ Appalachian State W 45 - 10

Given the way we've played a decisive win against OSU helps. But what helps more is some of the pretenders listed above lose.

SDSU is decent, still don't see how their ranked where they are though

Domino effect. Notre Dame considered a Top 10 team in the preseason. Texas beat them. Cal beat Texas. SDSU had beaten Cal.

Of course, since then we have learned that the Irish are very mediocre. But once a team is moved in based on faulty logic, only losses move them out.

SDSU is decent, still don't see how their ranked where they are though

It's hard to tell how good SDSU is since they play nobody, and I mean nobody, good. Cal is the best team on their schedule and that's not a good thing. Their RB is a legit Heisman candidate though.

I'm cool with it for now. Reel off a few more, it'll be there. As far as a Bowl, I enjoy the Holiday Bowl, always a crazy sumbitch. If it's a Texas Bowl, ill make plans for that one. I'd take a playoff game too lol.

You forgot one. Miami is 3-0 against...
Sat, Sep 3 vs Florida A&M W 3 - 70
Sat, Sep 10 vs Florida Atlantic W 10 - 38
Sat, Sep 17 @ Appalachian State W 45 - 10

Given the way we've played a decisive win against OSU helps. But what helps more is some of the pretenders listed above lose.
There's a lot more those three:
  • Boise State:
    • Beat a 1-2 WSU at home by the same margin as EWU beat WSU on the road
    • Beat OSU (road) and ULL (home)
  • Florida:
    • Has 3 home victories vs. 2 patsies and Kentucky
    • Lost in roughly the same fashion as CU's defeat to Michigan, but they lost to Tennessee
The fact is that CU is one of 4 FBS teams to rank in the top 20 of total offense and total defense on a per game basis, and CU has played more P5 games than the other three (Toledo, Ohio State, and Miami) COMBINED. Think about that for a second.

There's a lot more those three:
  • Boise State:
    • Beat a 1-2 WSU at home by the same margin as EWU beat WSU on the road
    • Beat OSU (road) and ULL (home)
  • Florida:
    • Has 3 home victories vs. 2 patsies and Kentucky
    • Lost in roughly the same fashion as CU's defeat to Michigan, but they lost to Tennessee
The fact is that CU is one of 4 FBS teams to rank in the top 20 of total offense and total defense on a per game basis, and CU has played more P5 games than the other three (Toledo, Ohio State, and Miami) COMBINED. Think about that for a second.
Damn. When you put it that way...

What would the Buffs' record be if they played the 10 teams currently ranked 16-25 in the AP poll, at a neutral site? I bet they easily go 5-5 against this bunch, but probably more like 7-3:

16 Ole Miss 2-2 540 7
17 Michigan State 2-1 527 9
18 Utah 4-0 493 6
19 San Diego State 3-0 304 3
20 Arkansas 3-1 241 3
21 TCU 3-1 239 NR
22 Texas 2-1 217 1
23 Florida 3-1 176 4
24 Boise State 3-0 163 NR
25 Georgia 3-1 142 13
My best bet would be 6-4, but 2-8 or 8-2 wouldn't surprise me. I think if they played Oregon at a neutral site 10 times they'd be about 6-4; about 3-7 against Michigan, 10-0 against Idaho State, and 9-1 against Colorado State.

W.T.T.F. even to be ranked. That's ok, it'll all work itself out. + kinda like being the new kid in town again/underdog. I think it motivates our boys more.

Reading this thread sort of reminds me of the way CU fans used to be way back in the day. You know what I mean, sporting all kinds of attitude for no reason.
I suggest CvilleBuff (the one and only Allbuffs Jackass) be in charge of training classes for piss bomb and such to prepare for the game in Boulder vs the Huskers in 2019. It may take that long to get that old timey CU attitude back. The Oregon win helped lots in that regard. I'd say CU fans may be ahead of schedule.

It will be something to see the Huskers give the Buffs another beat down in Lincoln and Boulder. (said that just to get the blood flowing)

Good luck vs Oregon State. Should be a CU win. Might even be ranked in the top 25 after another couple of games.

GBR!

What directional school are you playing this week?

Meth is a bitch.

035c0420df67b6257cdff1d6f8ed43a3.jpg
man... look what that roger goodell 4 game ban did to Tom Brady... yikes...

Narrative on most of the national college football podcasts I listen to seems to be focused on what's wrong with Oregon rather than us being a solid team. I think we're going to need to go like 5-1 or 6-1 before anyone believes we might be decent.

Back