What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

are we going to get kids to sign?

BuffUp

Club Member
Club Member
Is anyone going to want to come play here? Kids in state want to go somewhere warm and where there is some football tradition, local news does not even cover the Buffs. Out of state kids see us as losers and think it snows here year round, just ask an out of state kid about colorado?
The 2 selling points these coaches are going to have to push are - play time and all the connections they have at the next level... problem is, they will have to make that sell quick! kids' memory is only about a year or two...
by the way we are really breaking into this new conference!!

I seen where all our sports teams are 0-18-1 ...... WOW !

Just remember, before JE and EB left Boulder, they had MJD and Jeremy Maclin ready to become Buffs. They also got some talent into Boulder after last season. I think (hope) that they will be able to close at least a few big name prospects and have a decent second year.

No. No team in the history who has been down has ever been able to get kids in and turn it around. Oregon has always been a top 10 team, same with Missouri, aTm, OSU, etc. Once you are down in college football, there is no pulling out of the rut ever. We will forever be destined to this. All the kids we have committed aren't real and are just a fancy plan to throw us all off.

The only kids who will sign with us will be ones who want to play football--sooner rather than later.

Is anyone going to want to come play here? Kids in state want to go somewhere warm and where there is some football tradition, local news does not even cover the Buffs. Out of state kids see us as losers and think it snows here year round, just ask an out of state kid about colorado?
The 2 selling points these coaches are going to have to push are - play time and all the connections they have at the next level... problem is, they will have to make that sell quick! kids' memory is only about a year or two...
by the way we are really breaking into this new conference!!

I seen where all our sports teams are 0-18-1 ...... WOW !

What's the matter Sly, getting desperate now that people are ignoring you schtick over on BuffScoop?

The negativity on this board about the staff is ****ing ridiculous.

Other than responding with "Hawkins isn't coaching anymore" there isn't a lot of positive in the Colorado football program these days.

Lots of injuries. Terrible record. Recruiting in the tank.

Tough to find many bright spots about CU football these days.

The negativity on this board about the staff is ****ing ridiculous.

I like the staff, but I hardly view Slider's point as unfair. Do you really think no other teams are bringing up the lack of experience in key roles when talking to recruits? Somehow or someway, the coaching staff will have to overcome it.

I wouldn't say the recruiting is in the tank. We have some very solid players with really high ceilings (Clay Norgard, Shane Dillon, Davien Payne, Peyton Williams, Jeff and Gerald Thomas, Justin Solis, the Irwins, Tyler Henington, and Erich Wilson is proving to be a solid addition who is making plays on both sides of the ball). The D line recruiting has been damn good and we are in on some highly rated prospects still. Sark never had to deal with these injuries, inherited Locker, and had SEVEN home games his first year, not five. Injuries have dismantled any chance Embree and Co had this year to be successful. There isn't a coach in the world who could take this current team with injuries and make them a respectable team. If we didn't have secondary injuries out the ass, we beat Cal and WSU and are 3-4.

I wouldn't say the recruiting is in the tank. We have some very solid players with really high ceilings (Clay Norgard, Shane Dillon, Davien Payne, Peyton Williams, Jeff and Gerald Thomas, Justin Solis, the Irwins, Tyler Henington, and Erich Wilson is proving to be a solid addition who is making plays on both sides of the ball). The D line recruiting has been damn good and we are in on some highly rated prospects still. Sark never had to deal with these injuries, inherited Locker, and had SEVEN home games his first year, not five. Injuries have dismantled any chance Embree and Co had this year to be successful. There isn't a coach in the world who could take this current team with injuries and make them a respectable team. If we didn't have secondary injuries out the ass, we beat Cal and WSU and are 3-4.

I do not follow recruiting the way a lot of people do -- but reading your post it sounds like our recruiting class for 2012 is pretty solid. Why is it ranked #11 in the Pac 12?

I do not follow recruiting the way a lot of people do -- but reading your post it sounds like our recruiting class for 2012 is pretty solid. Why is it ranked #11 in the Pac 12?
Because we don't have a 4*. Success doesn't always translate to recruiting success. Arizona has a number of 4* players that we are now in on. Sark's first class was ranked #11 in the Pac 12 and Embree and CO haven't had a single recruiting cycle yet. We are still in on a number of 4* prospects along with high 3* prospects. Our class is solid, not great but solid. A class you can build a foundation on. We're not USC or UCLA and get the 4*'s every year no matter what.

We have several solid players (and a few I think I actually think are quite good). But if you look at teams across the Pac-12, they can say the same exact thing.

The difference being most schools have a handful of true difference makers to go along with the solid players. We do not right now. And in some key areas like TE and DB, where we need guys that can play right away, we have some work to do. Plus we have not really gone toe to toe with conference foes on many guys and actually won thus far.

it's not that solid when looking at the #'s thats why and actually none of these kids have actually signed yet? if we keep losing like we do, they might not...

it's not that solid when looking at the #'s thats why and actually none of these kids have actually signed yet? if we keep losing like we do, they might not...
Every commit we have has raved about the coaching staff and the ones who have been to Boulder have loved it. They're going to sign.

creatini - sure hope so.... we need some light somewhere at the end of this long tunnel

Because we don't have a 4*. Success doesn't always translate to recruiting success. Arizona has a number of 4* players that we are now in on. Sark's first class was ranked #11 in the Pac 12 and Embree and CO haven't had a single recruiting cycle yet. We are still in on a number of 4* prospects along with high 3* prospects. Our class is solid, not great but solid. A class you can build a foundation on. We're not USC or UCLA and get the 4*'s every year no matter what.

must have been bad since the PAC only had 10 teams back then.

must have been bad since the PAC only had 10 teams back then.

LOL... Rivals has adjusted their database so when you look at past years, CU and Utah are added in.

In 2009, Sarkisian's first year at UW, rivals ranked them with the #9 team in the then-Pac-10 conference. Only Washington State had a worse class.

Why would Andrew Luck want to go to a dog **** program? Why would Devin Aguilar want to leave beautiful Colorado for rainy Washington and a ****** program?

LOL... Rivals has adjusted their database so when you look at past years, CU and Utah are added in.

In 2009, Sarkisian's first year at UW, rivals ranked them with the #9 team in the then-Pac-10 conference. Only Washington State had a worse class.

Tini is taking some liberties in his analysis because the 2009 class was a transition class. In his first real recruiting class, Sarkisian finished 6th in the Pac-12.

Back