What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are you renewing your season tickets?

Are you renewing your season tickets?

• Yes

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
how hard is it to see that scalped/craigslist tickets have already been paid for? duh...

How hard is it to see that most of that season tickets that aren't renewed aren't paid for? The AD was already deeply discounting seats last year, and as BB points out, even giving them away. Now they're going to have more inventory to move. Former season ticket holders will buy back part of what they didn't renew, but not all. Nobody was ever buying to sell on Craigslist or to scalp. Those were previously purchased seats people didn't want. Usually from season ticket holders. Probably in many cases the season ticket holders who didn't renew. Nobody is running to the AD to buy tickets to sell on Craigslist or to scalp. At least not anybody who has any financial sense at all...

i'm in a group of buddies that share CU tix and Rockies season tix. used to be pretty heated about getting which CU home game. this year we did it online whereas we used to meet at My Brothers in Denver for a drink-all choose em up. i remember when it was fun, now it's a bit of a chore.

i bought the AD two for ones for the Missouri game last year. sat about 15 rows up on the 30 with a bro for 30$ a ticket. a lot of value there, though i will say the first half of that game was the worst Colorado football i've ever seen. great seats though. nice view of the FCS token sidelines hottie whatever her name is. busty vixen.

game was the first time i think i've ever "laughed" at how bad we were. thanks Dan.

Last edited:
how hard is it to see that scalped/craigslist tickets have already been paid for? duh...

So you think the CUAD will get the same amount of money regardless of whether people renew their tickets? What planet do you live on?

I am not a season ticket guy but I have driven the vast distance in the past for a game a season. I bought the tickets off the CU atheltic website. Now no way - a combination of the economy and the .........well you know.

So you think the CUAD will get the same amount of money regardless of whether people renew their tickets? What planet do you live on?

WTF? I merely made the point that it is obvious that if you buy a scalped ticket, the AD already has their share. Reading is an important skill...

WTF? I merely made the point that it is obvious that if you buy a scalped ticket, the AD already has their share. Reading is an important skill...

Yes, they get the revenue for that one ticket. But they do not get the revenue for my season tickets. So instead of getting paid for two tickets, they get paid for one. They won't get my donation, either.

To argue otherwise is to argue that it doesn't matter whether people buy season tickets, and that the AD will still get their money regardless. Understanding finances is an important skill...

So if the real renewals end up being anything like this poll, the AD is in serious trouble. a 40% loss in season ticket holders would be catastrophic, but they did it to themselves by keeping Hawkins.

I renewed my tickets last week but i dropped my donation down to the min of $300 per seat

I didn't renew because not a penny to the AD until he does the right thing and fires Hawk. I also told them why I was not going to renew and they keep sending me emails to renew, guess they do not listen very well either.

Ok, finally decided that I'm going to reapply for my season tickets and renewed today. It was a tough decision but I've been a buff fan for too long, 21 year season ticket holder, CU grad and CU employee. I'm disappointed in the state of the program but my loyalty got the best of me.

At the end of the day, I don't know if I could ever give up our tickets. If we don't have the tickets, we don't have the parking spot. If we don't have the parking spot, we don't tailgate. If we don't tailgate, my life has far less meaning.

At the end of the day, I don't know if I could ever give up our tickets. If we don't have the tickets, we don't have the parking spot. If we don't have the parking spot, we don't tailgate. If we don't tailgate, my life has far less meaning.

amen brutha!!!

bcs is back!!!!

That's the beauty of an off-campus tailgate spot. It's independent of the tickets...

My walk is longer than yours. It's about the same or maybe a bit shorter than Sacky's. And I pay a hell of a lot less than you do. :lol: Our spot is $350 for this year, I believe. I would be surprised if anyone else's is cheaper. I know the Gold Lot is $1,000 and we're just across the street from them. And we don't get booted out to the Foam Dome lot when the weather is bad. :thumbsup:

My walk is longer than yours. It's about the same or maybe a bit shorter than Sacky's. And I pay a hell of a lot less than you do. :lol: Our spot is $350 for this year, I believe. I would be surprised if anyone else's is cheaper. I know the Gold Lot is $1,000 and we're just across the street from them. And we don't get booted out to the Foam Dome lot when the weather is bad. :thumbsup:
aren't you in the church parking lot or something on colorado? that is a damn good spot.

After putting up a gallant fight with his inner Buffalo, my old man caved and renewed his season tix. This will make 20 years in a row that he has lived out of state and had season tix. Guess I'll try to make the excursion a couple of times and meet there for a game!

what church do you park at?

great spot. but do you have a reserved spot?:slayer::rock:

he does...but he doesn't want us to show up there.

we aren't worthy...

...thank god for sackygate, where anybody is welcome.

(except fuskers of course...)

:smile2:

Last edited:
St Aidans is a good spot, but I prefer ours. We have grass, and the band marches right past us on their way into the stadium. Plus we have an awesome view of the Flatirons. I think we pay about the same as Rino does. We don't have any streets to cross and we never get kicked out of our spot, either. The only downside is that it sometimes takes a little while for them to open up the exit lane behind Libby Hall after the games are over. Otherwise, I think our spot is perfect. But, as Rino points out, we have to buy tickets to get the spot. Take the good with the bad, I suppose.

St Aidans is a good spot, but I prefer ours. We have grass, and the band marches right past us on their way into the stadium. Plus we have an awesome view of the Flatirons. I think we pay about the same as Rino does. We don't have any streets to cross and we never get kicked out of our spot, either. The only downside is that it sometimes takes a little while for them to open up the exit lane behind Libby Hall after the games are over. Otherwise, I think our spot is perfect. But, as Rino points out, we have to buy tickets to get the spot. Take the good with the bad, I suppose.

hey mike!

...powder blue baby....powder blue mike!!!

woohoo!!!

After putting up a gallant fight with his inner Buffalo, my old man caved and renewed his season tix. This will make 20 years in a row that he has lived out of state and had season tix. Guess I'll try to make the excursion a couple of times and meet there for a game!

Give your dad a virtual high five from me. Pure allsomeness. I salute him and I will see him there.

Plus I REALLY believe there is going to be something on the field worth watching this year. Those who don't show, or show up late in the season will regret it.
2010 baby!

Back