What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona Star Pac-12 Preview

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Gotta give props to Liverflukes (one of the many cool Cal fans on this board) who PM'ed this to me. Hopefully he starts heading down to the basketball board once the season starts. Anyway, the AZ Star made their predictions for the season and they're the most optimistic ones I've seen for CU yet -- TENTH!

I have a long rant about that, but I'm saving it.

Anyway, here's what they say:

10. Colorado

Who's gone: G Alec Burks (early NBA departure), G Cory Higgins, G Levi Knutson, F Marcus Relphorde.

Who's new: G Spencer Dinwiddie, G Carlon Brown (Utah transfer), G Jeremy Adams (juco transfer), F Damiene Cain, G Sabatino Chen (Univ of Denver transfer)

What's up: Coach Tad Boyle nearly took the Buffaloes to the NCAA tournament in his first year last season but he lost 75 percent of his scoring when Burks and several other contributors left. Wing Andre Roberson could have a breakout year but it won't be enough to crack the upper half of the Buffs' new league.

He said it: "The difference is we go from a senior-laden team to a very young team overnight. We have a lot of questions now. We don't have a lot of answers." -- Boyle

The Cal fans are discussing it on Bear Insider, so that's worth a read too.

Gotta give props to Liverflukes (one of the many cool Cal fans on this board) who PM'ed this to me. Hopefully he starts heading down to the basketball board once the season starts. Anyway, the AZ Star made their predictions for the season and they're the most optimistic ones I've seen for CU yet -- TENTH!

I have a long rant about that, but I'm saving it.

Anyway, here's what they say:

The Cal fans are discussing it on Bear Insider, so that's worth a read too.

The way I see it - AZ, UW and UCLA will be fighting it out for the top. Oregon and Stanford could surprise and do really well. I like this list though by AZ Star

I don't think we finish 10th, but I do think that there is a group of teams that could finish anywhere 6 to 10 - CO is one of those. We lose a lot, so I'm not expecting a lot from the team...but I do think we'll be competitive. After losing Higgins and Burks, that's more than I could ask for.

I'm expecting some nice bball play this year from the Pac 12 - it'll be fun. I'm really interested to see how Altman progresses with Oregon, and I think Ross could blow up this year at UW.

2012-13 though...I'm hoping right now for something nice...

I pretty much agree with everything you say Dye, but am curious why you left Cal out of your group fighting for the top.

I honestly don't know...probably for the same reason why I think Roy isn't that great of a recruiter - just unlogical bias. I don't hate Cal, I don't hate Montgomery, and I don't hate their players. I just don't find anything about Cal exciting - none of their players are game changers to me...they're just a solid team. And typically, I always just choose against Cal. I don't know why...maybe it's a deep inset apathy for Cal ever since Kidd shocked Duke...I don't think it is...but who knows...no - I don't make any sense sometimes...but whatever. I'm really interested to see how Oregon and UW play this year. Abdul-Gaddy/Ross and Jabari Brown intrigue me quite a bit. Josiah Turner may be the headlining freshman this year, but Brown may steal the show. And the one-two of UW's may develop into a top one in the country.

Honestly, I think Cal is going to shock people this year. I really think they're a serious contender for the conference championship with Gutierrez (who I LOVE), Crabbe and Kamp.

It's easy to look at the guys CU lost and predict that they will be awful this year. CU is losing something like 80% of it's scoring from last year. That makes it very hard to predict what they'll do this year.

Back