What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arkansas has hired Brett Bielema away from Wisconsin

This could be bad. I don't get why go to Arkansas. I don't even know if its a lateral move to Arkansas. Bielma is kind of a scumbag though. Maybe he liked the odds at him getting a volleyball player there.

In an odd twist of fate, Wisconsin hired Pelini away from Nebraska. Pelini was was quoted as saying that while he likes red and white, he wants to coach a championship team. Taylor Martinez has filed paperwork to transfer to the Badgers.

Last edited:
I was willing to give Bohn the benefit of the doubt because the perception that our administration is incredibly difficult to work with. The way our search has played out versus this incredibly shocking and much more news worthy hiring is simply appalling. This tells me that Bohn is small time. I've got family that support UofA and they were commenting on how ridiculous this public nonsense is. Rich Rod was wrapped behind closed doors. We've been airing our dirty laundry and embarrassing the University this whole time.

I was willing to give Bohn the benefit of the doubt because the perception that our administration is incredibly difficult to work with. The way our search has played out versus this incredibly shocking and much more news worthy hiring is simply appalling. This tells me that Bohn is small time. I've got family that support UofA and they were commenting on how ridiculous this public nonsense is. Rich Rod was wrapped behind closed doors. We've been airing our dirty laundry and embarrassing the University this whole time.

You do realize that Butch's AGENT leaked the story to Woody Paige at the Denver Post? This going public was initiated by Jones's own people.

You do realize that Butch's AGENT leaked the story to Woody Paige at the Denver Post? This going public was initiated by Jones's own people.

Woody may have written the first article, but that doesn't prove that every amateur/professional journalist in the Denver area has been "scooping" this thing the whole time. He may have had the most widely read platform, but Reed had mentioned Butch Jones as a legitimate target the day after the Embree press conference. This was leaked by the AD too.

What should he have done differently? President, Chancellor, Regents, several AD reps and Solich all involved in a catered event in the suites. Throw in a beautiful day in Boulder, a butt-ton of cash and presumed facilities upgrades.

Could you be more specific in your criticism here?

No mercy. Sweep the leg. :tini:

Woody may have written the first article, but that doesn't prove that every amateur/professional journalist in the Denver area has been "scooping" this thing the whole time. He may have had the most widely read platform, but Reed had mentioned Butch Jones as a legitimate target the day after the Embree press conference. This was leaked by the AD too.

Not hard to speculate that Jones was a target. Knowing how Bohn handled the Embree firing and Pac 12 move, I find it highly unlikely that he has been leaking this story to the press, especially when Jones own camp was leaking it.

What should he have done differently? President, Chancellor, Regents, several AD reps and Solich all involved in a catered event in the suites. Throw in a beautiful day in Boulder, a butt-ton of cash and presumed facilities upgrades.

Could you be more specific in your criticism here?

There are a lot of things he could have done better. Lets say BJ was hung up on getting a new desk or four cases of water for a week. Bohn could have said "hmmm, I don't know, let me ask my manager" and then grabbed a cup of coffee and took a dump and come back and say "We'll he wasn't happy about it, but we can do that for you".

geez have you ever bought a car before. This is AD salesmanship 101.

Not hard to speculate that Jones was a target. Knowing how Bohn handled the Embree firing and Pac 12 move, I find it highly unlikely that he has been leaking this story to the press, especially when Jones own camp was leaking it.

Is this the article you're referring to? http://bit.ly/YcWMep

Just wondering why you're certain Woody got his info from Butch's people (not being combative, not sure how to phrase the comment).

There are a lot of things he could have done better. Lets say BJ was hung up on getting a new desk or four cases of water for a week. Bohn could have said "hmmm, I don't know, let me ask my manager" and then grabbed a cup of coffee and took a dump and come back and say "We'll he wasn't happy about it, but we can do that for you".

Well, he's never done this before, but since it's a special circumstance, and all, Mike Bohn offered to throw in the TrueCoat for free...

"This isnt going to be easy. But, Im willing to give it a shot with my manager. If I can get him to give you 13.5 over 5years, will you commit to taking over the program TODAY?!"

There is no way Wisconsin even asks to talk with Jones. They have had a well established identity for 20 years, and that gets the road-graders and elite RB's to come there. They aren't going to the spread.

I have to say this is very surprising to me. I wouldn't have thought Bielema would ever leave Wisconsin. I wonder if there were some personality conflicts taking place there. The guy was in a position to coach out the remainder of his career in the same place. That doesn't happen very often. Plus, he's going to an absolute pressure cooker in Arkansas. At least in Wisconsin, they have the Packers to take some of the heat off during down years.

I have to say this is very surprising to me. I wouldn't have thought Bielema would ever leave Wisconsin. I wonder if there were some personality conflicts taking place there. The guy was in a position to coach out the remainder of his career in the same place. That doesn't happen very often. Plus, he's going to an absolute pressure cooker in Arkansas. At least in Wisconsin, they have the Packers to take some of the heat off during down years.

Working for a husker drove him out of Madison.

No worries. It is actually this one, where he references his conversation with Butch's agent.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_...tch-jones-hiring-hinges-cu-closing?source=pkg

Playing the time line game, the article I referenced was posted on 11/29 and includes the following quotes:

Two knowledgeable sources outside of Colorado said Thursday that Jones and CU could be discussing potential coaching possibilities soon after the Bearcats end their season Saturday.

"On a scale of one to 10, Butch is an 11," an athletic director at a major school in another section of the country told me Thursday.

Another source, on the West Coast, said the Buffaloes have identified Jones and BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall as viable contenders to replace Jon Embree.

According to wikipedia, Butch Jones' agent, Trace Armstrong, "currently lives in his former college hometown, Gaineseville, Florida". He is neither an athletic director, nor is he on the West Coast. I am inclined to believe Woody got the name from a booster, who lives on the west coast, and crosschecked this with an Athletic Director he's tight with.

I still think Bohn leaked this, and Butch's agent corroborated after they blew the lid. If Butch has as much integrity as we are led to believe, and he specifically wanted to keep this quiet (I read that somewhere, but you can call me on that if you'd like), I see no reason why he would have put the story out.

Back