What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Article: Quick Post: Christian Powell is no Lawrence Vickers

You two above me are way off, I agree completely with the article. LV is perhaps my favorite Buff. The guy was one in a million.

I think LV was underutilized while at CU. I hope the new coaches don't make the same mistake with Powell.

Vickers was a helluva player. But Powell has all the makings of a bad man...a very bad man.

LV was great, but as fullbacks go, Brandon Drumm was the best I've ever seen. Dude was a freak.

LV was great, but as fullbacks go, Brandon Drumm was the best I've ever seen. Dude was a freak.
Absolutely. LV was very under utilized and can't be considered in the top FBs during his time at CU due to the lack of playing time. He has had an outstanding pro career in spite of being held back at CU. I would put him behind Drumm and Hemingway in terms of contribution at CU.

Believe me, this post was very tongue-in-cheek. I was always a huge LV fan, and just wanted to remind everyone what Embree was saying when he started comparing a freshman to him. I'm actually very excited to see pow-pow take the field, and, if coach is comparing him to LV, then he's probably going to be very special.

I would also agree that Drumm was the better pure-FB. LV was more of an explosive curiosity than a true FB. Still, a curiosity that kicked punters in the face...

Believe me, this post was very tongue-in-cheek. I was always a huge LV fan, and just wanted to remind everyone what Embree was saying when he started comparing a freshman to him. I'm actually very excited to see pow-pow take the field, and, if coach is comparing him to LV, then he's probably going to be very special.

I would also agree that Drumm was the better pure-FB. LV was more of an explosive curiosity than a true FB. Still, a curiosity that kicked punters in the face...

I get where your are coming from. The sense that I get is that Powell is equally as impressive of a physical speciman as a freshman as LV and Drumm were later in their careers. If that holds out to be true, watch out! To quote fwbuff, Powell could be a very bad man.

Back