What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

As of RIGHT NOW - How Many Wins Next Season?

How Many Wins In 2011?

• <2

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 6.4%

Votes: 8 8.5%

Votes: 20 21.3%

Votes: 31 33.0%

Votes: 26 27.7%

• 9+

• Total voters

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Saw a lot of speculation in the Brown Interview thread, so I'm just curious to see what the overall temperature of the board is.

3 or 4.

EDIT --- I voted 4. Gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Hawaii - Win
Cal - Loss
CSU - Win
Ohio State - Loss
WSU - Win
Stanford - Loss
Washington - Loss
Oregon - Loss
Arizona State - Loss
USC - Loss
Arizona - Win
UCLA - Loss
Utah - Loss

Last edited:
i went with 6. pipe dream, maybe. more important (well, not really) is that this team just shows that they can play solid football week in/out, consistant improvment from week to week and some freaking coaching. i expect some signifigant growing pains this year but, if they are playing signifigantly better ball at the end of the season than in week one, we might have something to hang our hats on. ugghhhh....

The last coaching staff found a way to take what should have been an 8-4 (BU, TT, & KU should have been wins) football team, and turn them into a 4-8 team (I am assuming that had they stayed to coach the final 3 games they would have gone 1-2).

Had CU ended with an 8-5 or 9-4 record most people would be talking about bowl game elidgable at a minimum. Talent is important, but what you do with the talent is just as important. Coaching makes a huge difference, and we will see a team out on the field.

Seven wins gets us started in the 12-PAC

Wins:
Hawaii
Cal
CSU
WSU
UCLA
ASU
UofA

Possibly beat UU

Losses
U$C
OU
OSU
Stanford

I could see us upsetting one of those four

U$C
OU
OSU
Stanford

I could see us upsetting one of those four
Only upset I could realistically see is against USC. Oregon is too fast for CU, Stanford is on the road and has Luck but there are serious question about the O line for next season. OSU, while down, will still be OSU.

Only upset I could realistically see is against USC. Oregon is too fast for CU, Stanford is on the road and has Luck but there are serious question about the O line for next season. OSU, while down, will still be OSU.
agreed. The only hope against Oregon is that they wear themselves out at altitude. Maybe our defense will be ready for stanford since they practice against a pro system every day. Doubtful though. And the only way we beat OSU is if they beat Miami the week before and overlook us as they head to conference play.

Brutal schedule, new coaches, brand new defensive backfield, atrocious special teams = five wins IMO. I wish I could be more optimistic. I see possible wins against Hawaii, CSU, UA, WSU and UCLA. Of those, only WSU is even close to a sure thing.

Forgot we had 1 bona fide OOC game against cheaters at the Horseshoe, 1 game in the middle of the vast Pacific Ocean that screws up the bye week, some sheep ****ing at invesco, a quasi non-conference game against a conference member, followed by a 9 game romp through the rest of the PAC12 against each and every member of the conference not dressed like a Beaver. Or hadn´t quite realized that yet.

fify

The Hawaii game is HUGE. A swing game of epic proportions in my eyes. Win that one and we are traveling to tOSU with a 3-0 record and a very confident team after a blowout victory against the lambs. Lose the Hawaii game and everything suddenly becomes a lot more difficult. Beating Hawaii would also do wonders for our road game confidence later on in the season.

Basically, if we beat Hawaii I see us being able to win at least 6 games. Lose to Hawaii and I see us winning 4 at most.

Not saying we'll beat everybody but I am not sure if we have to be so down on our team. A coaching staff with half a brain and a semblance of a scheme would have had a winning season last year. Yes, questions remain on the secondary and ST but those are only two variables in the equation. Our lines are more mature, depth is pretty decent (at least for OL). P-Rich will only get better and Clemons will be serviceable. Hansen will need to manage the game better and speedy wont disappoint.

Part of the reason Hawkins sucked in the beginning was the fact that he ran out all the OL/DL guys, and then just played catch up rest of the way. Also, he was a moron.

Last edited:
o/u at 5.

reading this board we are the greatest team ever with the ghost of Coach Mac spiriting us to the MNC. however, we did hire a coach without a BCS win, that no one else wanted, and two coordinators who have also never won a game between them. but apparently, we are great now and bleed black and gold, every one else sucks and spring and allbuffs.com, hooray.

Went with 6

Hawaii - Win
Cal - Loss
CSU - Win
Ohio State - Loss
WSU - Win
Stanford - Loss
Washington - Win
Oregon - Loss
Arizona State - Loss
USC - Loss
Arizona - Win
UCLA - Win
Utah - Loss

o/u at 5.

reading this board we are the greatest team ever with the ghost of Coach Mac spiriting us to the MNC. however, we did hire a coach without a BCS win, that no one else wanted, and two coordinators who have also never won a game between them. but apparently, we are great now and bleed black and gold, every one else sucks and spring and allbuffs.com, hooray.

:lol:

O/U at 5 is not bad. I think it is reasonable to think we can match last year's win total. The question remains whether we can close out close games that we lost last year (Baylor, Tech, Kansas). Obviously winning on the road is still a big question as well.

GOING FOR LUCKY 7
Hawaii - Win
Cal - Loss
CSU - Win
Ohio State - Loss
WSU - Win
Stanford - Loss
Washington - Win
Oregon - Loss
Arizona State - Loss
USC - Loss
Arizona - Win
UCLA - Win
Utah - Win

I'm not sure why so many people here have us losing to Cal. And yes, I saw the game last season.

Fact is that Cal lost a lot this past season on both sides of the ball. Their QB situation is a mess right now and our kids are going to be looking for revenge in a big way. This is almost one of my "lock W" games. I just really don't see us losing to Cal.

I'm not sure why so many people here have us losing to Cal. And yes, I saw the game last season.

Fact is that Cal lost a lot this past season on both sides of the ball. Their QB situation is a mess right now and our kids are going to be looking for revenge in a big way. This is almost one of my "lock W" games. I just really don't see us losing to Cal.

That's great but we also lost a lot this year.

Back