What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ask a Beaver - Random thoughts from your newest member...

All of the old Big 8 schools put the state first and university second in the abbreviation.
Oklahoma - OU
Nebraska - NU
Kansas - KU
Why? I have a vague memory of someone posting the origin of that on here before, but I can't recall how it came about at the moment.
Actually Nebraska called themselves that because, at the time, they thought their campus was new.

You guys are like a virgin on his first date. Way too eager to impress your guest. Let it settle in a bit before you bust your trash talking nut on Tuesday.

If a tree falls on a beaver in the forest, does it get more than 6 months?

Never challenge the depravity of our minds.

-We might have to shave your Beavers because we like to look Buff
-Otherwise I really hope the networks cover your beavers, because, for Christ's sake, we know that the state of Oregon won't
-If you really want to protect your Beavers don't send them to Baylor

Last edited:
Serious question for the glove-what happened to the two guys who played qb for y'all last year?

We played 3 qbs last year...

Seth Collins- moved to WR
Nick Mitchell- transferred to... Cerritos College
Marcus McMaryion- listed as #2 on the depth chart but was not put into the BSU game when Garrettson was "injured."

Welcome! Question for you. Why does a beaver need a chainsaw? I mean, it's the one animal that wouldn't need a chainsaw, right? Its whole thing is cutting wood with its teeth.

Bx08XAJCMAAyC-E.jpg

- CU? Really? University of Colorado should be UC. What's the deal with that?

It's a leftover from the old Big 8. All Big 8 schools put the state first. KU, OU, NU, CU, MU. Some of those schools are in other conferences today like us. But as sackman pointed out earlier it was done to differentiate the schools from the UC system in California among others.

Astute observation.

If you could use a better tool for a job, would you?

Its been a long time since I've had a good job. And looking for a better job would end the marriage. But if this is about gums versus teeth, then I can imagine you may have a point.

Why do Oklahoma State and Oregon State and Ohio State all use OSU? Well, I guess tOSU is a differentiator.

But the Pokes and the Beavs are both OSU and both are Orange and Black. What's up with that?

Is it okay to call OSU "Oregon Lite"?

Also, seriously, who brings a Blount to Boulder? If there is one thing you can readily find in Boulder, it's a Blount.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, CU Denver is UCD and Colo Spgs. is UCCS.

Welcome to the board, too bad you won't be at Folsom to witness marshmallow filled nails being thrown maliciously and octogenarians being pelted by piss filled balloons.

Back