What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Asst. Coaches

my issues with Keisau were the little things: Getting the play in on time, procedure penalties, etc. It seemed like he could call a decent game, but his teaching of the offense seemed to be ineffective at times.

I agree with the shortcomings you listed, and was unimpressed with Keisau.

The offense as a whole has been flat out bad since Hawkins arrived on scene, and imo this year was the worst, save maybe year 1. All I read/heard/saw from Boise was an innovative, nifty offense. It's like the guy left his offensive ingenuity in BSU. Perhaps he did, and it was named Petersen. :huh:

GB's biggest mistake to this day in my opinion (aside from all "scandal" stuff) is getting rid of Doc Kreiss. Doc was one of the best. And OH YES YOU CAN TEACH SPEED! Are you kidding me? You can't teach height, but you can teach quickness and speed. In fact, teaching power, strength, speed, quickness, and endurance should be the Head Trainer's job.

Duke- I can't remember ever reading specifics as to why Doc was fired, but I do recall the calls for Doc's head due to the rash of shoulder injuries the Buffs had at one point. Lamenting the loss of Mad Dog was the post du jour then. One thing I've been pleased with about Pit, although this might be a greater credit to the training staff, is the decent health the team has maintained.

I think you can marginally improve players' speed through training, but the best way to improve team speed will always be via recruiting.

GB's biggest mistake to this day in my opinion (aside from all "scandal" stuff) is getting rid of Doc Kreiss. Doc was one of the best. And OH YES YOU CAN TEACH SPEED! Are you kidding me? You can't teach height, but you can teach quickness and speed. In fact, teaching power, strength, speed, quickness, and endurance should be the Head Trainer's job.

Duke- I can't remember ever reading specifics as to why Doc was fired, but I do recall the calls for Doc's head due to the rash of shoulder injuries the Buffs had at one point. Lamenting the loss of Mad Dog was the post du jour then. One thing I've been pleased with about Pit, although this might be a greater credit to the training staff, is the decent health the team has maintained.

I think you can marginally improve players' speed through training, but the best way to improve team speed will always be via recruiting.
wtf? decent health? wtf was last year man? where were you/ what was our #1 excuse last year?

Back