What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU game... Might be something big.

Our defensive stats are hurt by the pace we've been running at on offense. Pretty much no team that runs this fast puts up good defensive stats. Too many quick possessions; too little time to rest.
the yards per play stats on defense are very good.
Currently #11 in the country on pass efficiency D. - weirdly #12 on offense in pass efficiency. Much worse (#55) in yards per rush. Very similar in yards per rush on offense.

#20 in combined yards allowed per play. #37 in yards per play on offense.

really similar team on both sides. WEIRD.

There is no 3:30 pm MDT slot for TV.

The following slots are available:
12:00 MDT (Pac-12 Network)
1:30 MDT (ABC)
6:30 MDT (Fox Network)
7:30 (Pac-12 Network)
8:30 MDT (ESPN Network)
Open (Pac-12 Network)

Thanks. So seeing as how I doubt ABC is picking it up, it should probably be a Noon kickoff or evening?
Notice that "open" time for P12?

After last season, they've promised to make that a mid-afternoon slot unless local conditions make it plainly better to play it late in the evening (i.e. early season games in Arizona need to be played in the evening).

Anyway, this time slot shouldn't really be labeled "open," but "mid afternoon, unless it's a game played in Arizona in the first half of the season." Which is why we played at 3:30 last weekend, and will play at 2 at USC.

Which is a long way of saying that we really have no idea what time the ASU game will be played until the networks tell us. It could be just about anytime between 12 and 8:30.

Interesting game. We always go up big at first while ASU seems to be having to come back. Key is to hang 28 on them before they score IMO.

Notice that "open" time for P12?

After last season, they've promised to make that a mid-afternoon slot unless local conditions make it plainly better to play it late in the evening (i.e. early season games in Arizona need to be played in the evening).

Anyway, this time slot shouldn't really be labeled "open," but "mid afternoon, unless it's a game played in Arizona in the first half of the season." Which is why we played at 3:30 last weekend, and will play at 2 at USC.

Which is a long way of saying that we really have no idea what time the ASU game will be played until the networks tell us. It could be just about anytime between 12 and 8:30.
I would LOVE to see it at 6:30 on FOX.

I'm a whole lot more worried about the USC game than I am with ASU. Yes their record is 1-3, but they coughed up the ball 3 times in the first half at SLC and still were up 7. The wet conditions in Utah won't be an issue in LA. Granted I didn't see the 4th quarter (us old guys need to sleep), but barring the turnovers, they looked strong. While the numbers are comparable between our BUFFS and ASU, they are deceiving because of our much more difficult schedule.

I'm a whole lot more worried about the USC game than I am with ASU. Yes their record is 1-3, but they coughed up the ball 3 times in the first half at SLC and still were up 7. The wet conditions in Utah won't be an issue in LA. Granted I didn't see the 4th quarter (us old guys need to sleep), but barring the turnovers, they looked strong. While the numbers are comparable between our BUFFS and ASU, they are deceiving because of our much more difficult schedule.

USC game will come down to the OL for the Buffs. It is not a good DL for Troy this year. The way the game against the Utes ended, it was time after time of Utah needing a yard or two, lining up with a tight alignment and running straight ahead to easily get the 1st downs it needed. USC was helpless to stop them. It was an old school domination in the trenches.

USC game will come down to the OL for the Buffs. It is not a good DL for Troy this year. The way the game against the Utes ended, it was time after time of Utah needing a yard or two, lining up with a tight alignment and running straight ahead to easily get the 1st downs it needed. USC was helpless to stop them. It was an old school domination in the trenches.

The way I look at it, USC is not as good as Michigan, Harbaugh is a much much better coach than Helton, and the Coliseum is not as frightening as the Big House. At the very least CU should be able to go toe to toe with the Trojans, just as we did the Wolverines before ST mistakes and a couple key injuries ultimately cost us the game.

The way I look at it, USC is not as good as Michigan, Harbaugh is a much much better coach than Helton, and the Coliseum is not as frightening as the Big House. At the very least CU should be able to go toe to toe with the Trojans, just as we did the Wolverines before ST mistakes and a couple key injuries ultimately cost us the game.
Lots of kids from California on the team too, hopefully they play up with all of their friends and family there to watch like UCLA last year.

Can't argue with that logic...I'll step back from the ledge.

Can't argue with that logic...I'll step back from the ledge.
Not saying we shouldn't be looking out for USC. The Trojans are extremely talented. However after watching the game in person, in Ann Arbor, that was a game CU could have and maybe even should have won. The players knew it, the CU fans knew it, the coaches knew it, the Michigan fans even knew it. That was a top 5 team, and it was on the road in one of the biggest venues on the planet.

I guess for me, none of the remaining game scare me anymore after seeing what we did up at UM. CU really can play with anybody and really can have a shot to win every game and that isn't just "coach speak" either. I believe in this team because of how much they believe in themselves.

I've been geeking out recently on some advanced stats by Football Outsiders. You've probably seen the S&P+ rating. As of today, they have us with a 64% win probability, and I would imagine that our stats that determine that projection will improve and theirs will worsen after this weekend because of matchups. But here's the golden nugget: they have a very interesting stat called 2nd Order Wins. It basically determines what kind of fortune you are playing with. Negative means you're getting lucky, positive means you are losing games you shouldn't be. CU right now is -.2, meaning the outcomes of the 4 games so far would most likely not vary. On the other hand, ASU is a whopping -1.4, good for tops (or bottoms in the nation). Much like escaping that campus without contracting something vile, they're success is due to good fortune and that **** won't survive WTTF.

Not saying we shouldn't be looking out for USC. The Trojans are extremely talented. However after watching the game in person, in Ann Arbor, that was a game CU could have and maybe even should have won. The players knew it, the CU fans knew it, the coaches knew it, the Michigan fans even knew it. That was a top 5 team, and it was on the road in one of the biggest venues on the planet.

I guess for me, none of the remaining game scare me anymore after seeing what we did up at UM. CU really can play with anybody and really can have a shot to win every game and that isn't just "coach speak" either. I believe in this team because of how much they believe in themselves.
Yeah, I buy all that. Reversing the ST performance and Ann Arbor would have been upside down. But I still think USC will handle ASU and will be a stiffer challenge than the Devils. (Not to mention we have ASU at altitude)

Yeah, I buy all that. Reversing the ST performance and Ann Arbor would have been upside down. But I still think USC will handle ASU and will be a stiffer challenge than the Devils. (Not to mention we have ASU at altitude)
USC will probably be favored to beat us - they've had a really rough schedule. ASU... not so much.

We will see. A 1-4 USC team in the coliseum would be awfully nice for our chances. They may just pack it in at that point.

If they're favored, they'll be giving three for being at home and that's probably it. We might go in there ranked depending on what kind of chaos at the bottom we see this weekend.

If USC is 1-4 and we come out and punch them in the mouth and score quickly, they might just pack it in. They have so much talent but this discussion is for next week. Right not, Beat The Beavers! This has to be the sole focus. One game at a time although as fans it is fun to look ahead and think what if!

Must score big and early.

Time it took us to score our first points, which have been the first points in the game and all TDs: 4:29, 4:58, 2:13, 3:44

Have outscored opponents in the first quarter 72-14.

Keep that **** up 4 qtrs and ****ing Graham will be fetal!!!

Back