What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU having a Nike extreme makeover?

Also, you posted some mediocre ASU trim compared to these ladies:

Tempe125.png

Tempe121.png

Come correct, Tempe Buff!

I think I know her. Is that you Mrs. Walrus?

images

That's her. It was about five minutes before I proposed. If I'm not mistaken our eldest was conceived shortly after the proposal.

Back on topic, the rumor on sports radio last night was that ASU is indeed going to black jerseys for the football uniforms. Well, furk.

****. That. ****.

Why would you even want to switch to black jerseys in Arizona in the fall?

****. That. ****.

Why would you even want to switch to black jerseys in Arizona in the fall?

As someone noted in this thread, ASU and UofA play their home football games at night when the color of the jersey doesn't affect body temperature. I'm very interested to see what their helmets look like. We could be looking at a uniform straight outta Any Given Sunday if it looks like the picture in my head.

As someone noted in this thread, ASU and UofA play their home football games at night when the color of the jersey doesn't affect body temperature. I'm very interested to see what their helmets look like. We could be looking at a uniform straight outta Any Given Sunday if it looks like the picture in my head.

How warm is it usually at night in Arizona though?

Typically one home game a year at ASU is usually played during the day. I want to say this year it was Washington State and the year before it was the day after Haloween.

From UniWatch:

Arizona State held a “secret” rebranding event yesterday for boosters only. Attendees had to sign a non-disclosure waiver, no cameras or cell phones were allowed, blah-blah-blah (the official public announcement will come tomorrow afternoon), but word has come my way via certain channels that the new football uniforms will look like so:

• Sparky is no longer on the helmets. The new helmet logo is a pitchfork design, angled horizontally toward the front of the helmet.

• There are two helmets: matte gold and matte BFBS.

• Three uniform sets: maroon, white, and BFBS, all of which can be mixed and matched.

• The shoulders will have pitchfork-prong stries, sort of like a treble hook.

• There’s a new Nike-designed number font (which will also be used on the school’s basketball and baseball jerseys).

BFBS —the substitution of black for another color (usually white) for no apparent reason and when black had not been a previous color of the team. This includes the addition of black outlines or drop shadow, to supplement an existing uniform.

Back