What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU recruits Colorado hard

Remember when CU fans didn't have fragile psyche? Let's just rename the site SunshinePumperBuffs.

Simply another reminder of the decay that has set in to the program over the past decade.

CU has not effectively recruited Colorado for a long time, CU has not built and maintained the relationships with the HS coaches required to effectively recruit the state.

M2 has been putting an emphasis on rebuilding these relationships and hopefully we will see results sooner than later but just like the decay wasn'tn instant neither will the recovery.

That said some athletes will always go out of state, happens in virtually every state as there are kids who just want to see something different. Hopefully M2 can change the balance to the positive for us.

8Jah, 2x is kinda of right, but Sacky is all the way right. The thread itself is sort of like ripping the scab off an old wound, which can lead to some sensitivity like you're seeing. Ballage hurt, a lot of us were invested.

Ballage = opted for three years academic-content free college football, just like in the SEC.

Worry about the ones who signed with the Buffs.

Simply another reminder of the decay that has set in to the program over the past decade.

CU has not effectively recruited Colorado for a long time, CU has not built and maintained the relationships with the HS coaches required to effectively recruit the state.

M2 has been putting an emphasis on rebuilding these relationships and hopefully we will see results sooner than later but just like the decay wasn'tn instant neither will the recovery.

That said some athletes will always go out of state, happens in virtually every state as there are kids who just want to see something different. Hopefully M2 can change the balance to the positive for us.

This is total BS....I heard the same stuff when Hawkins was hired, when Embree was hired, and now that MacIntyre has been hired. CU has been reaching out to Colorado HS coaches for years ( Barnett use to be president of the Colorado HS coaches association when he was a HS coach in the Springs)...unfortunately players here don't always have the deep local roots kids do in Texas or Ohio, etc., and so easily have their heads turned to greener pastures. You always have the anecdotal stories of some HS coach being Butt Hurt from some coaching staff. The other issue is there is very seldom double digit recruits In State that have P5 conference talent so it is easy for programs to come in here and cherry pick the few who are. For years people complained about Mullen stars not going to CU (even though they had a CU legend as their HC), now it is Valor Christian.

I will guarantee you these coaches reach out hard to the local players and coaches. The effort recruiting locally is not the issue. Coach McCartney lost players out of state and he was a master recruiter - Boselli is a great example.

ASU has been doing well in Colorado for at least the past 15 years. From Grant Crunkleton, junior onyeali to Ballage. Want to say they have signed probably 10 kids from Colorado since rivals database goes back. Anyone want to check?

From phone

On the bright side, maybe all of their family and friends will help fill Folsom Stadium.

This is total BS....I heard the same stuff when Hawkins was hired, when Embree was hired, and now that MacIntyre has been hired. CU has been reaching out to Colorado HS coaches for years ( Barnett use to be president of the Colorado HS coaches association when he was a HS coach in the Springs)...unfortunately players here don't always have the deep local roots kids do in Texas or Ohio, etc., and so easily have their heads turned to greener pastures. You always have the anecdotal stories of some HS coach being Butt Hurt from some coaching staff. The other issue is there is very seldom double digit recruits In State that have P5 conference talent so it is easy for programs to come in here and cherry pick the few who are. For years people complained about Mullen stars not going to CU (even though they had a CU legend as their HC), now it is Valor Christian.

I will guarantee you these coaches reach out hard to the local players and coaches. The effort recruiting locally is not the issue. Coach McCartney lost players out of state and he was a master recruiter - Boselli is a great example.

Embree did a great job...at making local coaches hate him

Please note the bolded from my original post. We can name a long list of Colorado kids who went elsewhere just as we can make a long list of kids who came to Colorado instead of staying home.

Mac had a great relationship with a lot of the Colorado HS coaches, Barnett was part of that when he was an assistant and he built on it when he was HC. He still lost some Colorado kids but nowhere near as many.

Hawkins started out saying the right things but by the time he was into his time here he had build a lot of mistrust and some outright dislike on the part of the HSs. Embree managed to totally piss off lots of HS coaches. He was condescending, rude, and acted like they owed him something.

You are right about the roots issue. Colorado also doesn't have the same kind of identification with CU that many other states have with their flagship programs.

Colorado doesn't produce enough talent to be the core of a PAC quality roster. It certainly does produce enough talent though to make a significant difference.

There is a lot of talent from Colorado that has gone other places over the past 4-5 years. If even 1/2 that talent had stayed home we would be a much better team.

Hawkins started out saying the right things but by the time he was into his time here he had build a lot of mistrust and some outright dislike on the part of the HSs. Embree managed to totally piss off lots of HS coaches. He was condescending, rude, and acted like they owed him something.

QFHT

CU could have a killer OL if we kept people in state.

We'd have to play them though after they were recruited, and not sit them on the bench though.

Ironically, ASU and UA face the same problem with AZ kids. Only 41 percent of Arizona's population was born there, and if you add in second generation it's almost everyone coming from elsewhere. Colorado isn't much better at 46 percent.

So tired of Flounder and "'Tini's" schtick. Why don't you guys grow up? There is nothing in the OP that reflects negatively on the current players. If you don't like the thread topic or the direction of a thread, it isn't hard to ignore the thread. In fact, it is easier to ignore it than to come in with all your self-righteous defender of the program bull****.

Lots of Colorado kids end up at ASU. Mostly those who couldn't get into CU and figure if they're gonna get a CSU level education they might as well live it up in Tempe for a few years.

My niece is there. I cry a little when I see her facebook photos..and those of her greek sisters (no idea what one they belong to.) And dread when my girls go off to college.

8Jah is new so he didn't follow our threads about Kallen when they were new. I don't see anything wrong with this thread.

CU2x is a douche.

The mentality on the team is very fragile. Constructive criticism is 100% fine, but I don't see that happening much in this thread. This would be a thread that would be better suited for Barzil
I tried using this logic during the Hawkins debacle and had to deal with the consequences. :smile2:

I think kids we recruit who leave Colorado to play elsewhere should be banned from entering the state ever again.

My guess was exactly right - don't know why Ballage isn't showing up which would make 10 total. We recruited all these kids with the exception of Elway and Simpson (knees)

vrmDdK0.png

My guess was exactly right - don't know why Ballage isn't showing up which would make 10 total. We recruited all these kids with the exception of Elway and Simpson (knees)

vrmDdK0.png
in our argument. Most of those kids have not worked out that great

So tired of Flounder and "'Tini's" schtick. Why don't you guys grow up? There is nothing in the OP that reflects negatively on the current players. If you don't like the thread topic or the direction of a thread, it isn't hard to ignore the thread. In fact, it is easier to ignore it than to come in with all your self-righteous defender of the program bull****.

Lots of Colorado kids end up at ASU. Mostly those who couldn't get into CU and figure if they're gonna get a CSU level education they might as well live it up in Tempe for a few years.
Then use the damn ignore list and quit complaining

ASU is getting (probably) another springs recruit in a RB from Coronado High School.
Last name Micci, can't remember the first name.

Kid's a stud...i went to HS (Coronado) with his dad.
we played t-ball together all through high school and have been friends for way too long. ;)

Then use the damn ignore list and quit complaining

Or you can quit trying to bully people off the boards like a bitch. I understand you're salty this week after Michigan got shut out by ND, but go take it out on the Michigan boards.

You do also realize the hypocrisy of what you wrote, right?

ASU is getting (probably) another springs recruit in a RB from Coronado High School.
Last name Micci, can't remember the first name.

Kid's a stud...i went to HS (Coronado) with his dad.
we played t-ball together all through high school and have been friends for way too long. ;)

I went to Coronado too, but it sounds like I was a few years behind you. Not exactly a football factory, so I'm surprised there is a solid P5 prospect out of there.

Or you can quit trying to bully people off the boards like a bitch. I understand you're salty this week after Michigan got shut out by ND, but go take it out on the Michigan boards.

You do also realize the hypocrisy of what you wrote, right?

Did someone piss in your coffee this morning? No one is forcing you to read my posts, if they annoy you that much then put me on ignore, no skin off my back

Back