What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Athlon ranks toughest games on CU's schedule

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member

12. Northern Colorado
11. Texas State
10. Cal
9. Arizona
8. CSU (neutral)
7. @ASU
6. @Oregon State
5. @Utah
4. @Washington State
3. @UCLA
2. Washington
1. USC

Athlon seems to give a ton of weight to playing home/neutral/away. And trumping all that is that they see UW and USC as national title contenders.

I don't think there would be much argument from folks around here. Maybe move WSU a little higher (easier), but not more than a place or two at the most.

Here's my list:

12. Texas State
11. Northern Colorado
10. Cal
9. @ASU
8. @Oregon State
7. Arizona
6. CSU
5. @Washington State
4. USC
3. @Utah
2. @UCLA
1. Washington

Reason for UW being #1 & UCLA #2 is that it's early in the season when CU's D could still be trying to figure itself out plus the Bruins should be healthier than last season when facing the Buffs later in the season. By the time the Buffs play USC at home, it'll be in November when CU's D should have figured itself out by then. As for the road games to ASU and OSU, I put ASU there since by the time the Buffs visit Tempe, ASU's season could be lost & coaching uncertainty. OSU is right after they play WSU, UW, and USC in consecutive weeks with Stanford coming up...brutal stretch for the Beavers! Why UA ahead of OSU & ASU? UA's OOC isn't that difficult and should be fresher & healthier since it's still early in the season (2nd P12 game for the Wildcats). Utah will be tough in SLC and given last season, the Utes will want a W over the Buffs. I'm tempted to put @WSU ahead of USC because I think WSU does real well in the month of October but you could say the same about USC. Texas State will be going with a lot of younger players while UNC just missed out on the FCS playoffs last season and their players would want to try to prove that they belong on the same field especially the local kids.

remember when we lost all those games in a row to the fuskers? i wanted a win over that collection of ****-tards so bad. it seemed we found new ways to lose every year. that's about where i am with the ****ing **** **** trojans right about now. i want a 62-36 mud hole stomping program crushing destruction of usc.

remember when we lost all those games in a row to the fuskers? i wanted a win over that collection of ****-tards so bad. it seemed we found new ways to lose every year. that's about where i am with the ****ing **** **** trojans right about now. i want a 62-36 mud hole stomping program crushing destruction of usc.
I'd like that too, but USC can't be destroyed from outside like we did to the Fuskers. The only thing that can truly destroy that program is itself. Too many advantages. Nebraska, OTOH, just needed to be exposed as a poser program. Once that veil was lifted, they were never the same and never will be.

I'd like that too, but USC can't be destroyed from outside like we did to the Fuskers. The only thing that can truly destroy that program is itself. Too many advantages. Nebraska, OTOH, just needed to be exposed as a poser program. Once that veil was lifted, they were never the same and never will be.
Yeah. USC has the local recruiting grounds of a Miami, the national prestige of a Notre Dame, and a stadium the size of Michigan's inside a private school with a great academic rep and nearly unlimited resources. It might be the best job in the country for a HC.

Gonna be fun going toe to toe with them for South supremacy.

The gift that keeps giving.

University-of-Colorado-Mens-Sports-Football-Colorado-62-Nebraska-36-CO-M-F-00002smd.jpg

Im surprised CSewe isn't #1.

Suppose we went undefeated, that SOS could sink our playoff chances since that would mean the MWC is a better conference than the PAC. Hell will freeze over twice before that happens.

12. Northern Colorado
11. Texas State
10. Cal
9. Arizona
8. CSU (neutral)
7. @ASU
6. @Oregon State
5. @Utah
4. @ Washington State
3. @UCLA
2. Washington
1. USC

I see nine very winnable games (though a couple tough away that we might botch.) I see three highly doubtful wins, but could imagine hitting on all cylinders and winning at least one of them. Besides, if it turns out like most years USC will be in tailspin disappointment mode by the end of the season.

I'd flip flop Washington State and UCLA for the 3rd toughest. Falk is a far better QB than anybody UCLA has. Other than that, I agree with their list.

12. Northern Colorado
11. Texas State
10. Cal
9. Arizona
8. CSU (neutral)
7. @ASU
6. @Oregon State
5. @Utah
4. @Washington State
3. @UCLA
2. Washington
1. USC

Athlon seems to give a ton of weight to playing home/neutral/away. And trumping all that is that they see UW and USC as national title contenders.

Im surprised CSewe isn't #1.
I know DH is joking, but it got me to look at this list again.

My view:
  • UNC, Tejas St should be blow outs.
  • Cal, UA, ASU, and OSU should be relatively easy wins - we need to play big boy football, but we should take them down barring something bizarre
  • I would then say Utah, WSU, and UCLA are all dog fights- and we might not be favored in any of them being on the road
  • UW and USC will be pretty tough home games - I love the fact that some of you are predicting a USC win, but even the homer in me cannot do that
The fact that Athlon drops CSU between my "relatively easy wins" and "dog fights" is a bit of a wake up call to me as to what this game could look like.

I know DH is joking, but it got me to look at this list again.

My view:
  • UNC, Tejas St should be blow outs.
  • Cal, UA, ASU, and OSU should be relatively easy wins - we need to play big boy football, but we should take them down barring something bizarre
  • I would then say Utah, WSU, and UCLA are all dog fights- and we might not be favored in any of them being on the road
  • UW and USC will be pretty tough home games - I love the fact that some of you are predicting a USC win, but even the homer in me cannot do that
The fact that Athlon drops CSU between my "relatively easy wins" and "dog fights" is a bit of a wake up call to me as to what this game could look like.
I think they dropped CSU in you "relatively easy win" category and you're just overthinking it.

Back