What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Attempt #2: Basketball Season Prediction?

Where will the Buff men finish in the Pac-12?

• 1st

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • 2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 4th

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • 5th

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • 6th

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • 7th

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • 8th

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • 9th

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 10th

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 11th

• 12th

• Total voters

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Nik posted this thread over 2 months ago, so I thought I'd post this follow-up. We've lost Cain since the thread was originally posted, but we've also heard some good things about Chen. So let's hear it, what do you think? Where will the Buff men finish in the Pac-12? And is your prediction now different than your prediction two months ago? Why?

I voted fifth in the first poll. Honestly, I think I was being a little too optimistic then. I was high on Cain, and think his loss hurts, so that knocks it down a little. That said, I'm putting my expectations around 7th right now. We're not in the top group (AZ, Cal, UCLA, Washington and possibly Oregon), but we're not in the bottom group either (Utah, Wazzu, USC). Leaves us fighting in the middle. I think we're on the edge of an NIT bid, and this is where I think Bohn's promotion with last year's NIT stuff paying off. Let's not kid ourselves, the NIT is political as well. If we're on the edge, the large turnout that we had (both in the Foam Dome and NYC) might put us in. If not, I think a CBI bid is safe.

thanks for posting this...as mentioned in another thread, I did not know until now that Cain left the team.I'm really interested to see this team - we have a lot of promising players that we don't know a lot about. If things go perfect, we're playing in the NIT. If things don't go so amazing, then we're CBI. If things go poorly...then who cares in my opinion. We lost Burks, Higgins (who was so important to our team), Relphorde AND Knutson. That's a lot to lose. Brown is more of a slasher from what I recall, and it'll be interesting to see how we play with him. Can Adams score? How good is Dinwiddie? SHT? I think Brown will do well, but we'll get frustrated at times with him ballhogging at times. I think Adams will be a consistent scorer, but struggle against good defenses. I think Dinwiddie will steal the show this season, but he's a freshman - will not score tons nor take over games. SHT will be solid, but not a great presence inside. Dufault will be Dufault, and Roberson will be the same...which based on how much some are expecting him to improve, it'll seem like a soph slump when it's not.I think we're competitive in most of our games, but we fail to close out games this season. We just lack a closer this year, unless Adams and Brown exceed my expectations.2012-13 though...NCAA. Dinwiddie will learn to take over games, Roberson will be much improved, and X will be our superstar. Scott will be serviceable, but SHT will contribute a lot. Not this next year, but two years...I'm getting excited.

If my vote is different from last poll to this one, it is because I forgot where I picked it and why I picked it.

We should be about 7th...I don't see many teams coming into Boulder and winning. I think the early game against Georgia will be a good measuring stick for the season. We HAVE to avoid injuries.

Roberson will be the same...which based on how much some are expecting him to improve, it'll seem like a soph slump when it's not.
Well keep in mind, most of the excitement surrounding Roberson comes from the fact that he put up nearly 7ppg on 58% shooting as a 5th (or even lower) option. He's an athletic wing who can run the court, jump through the roof, and plays on a team that's going to need to get out on the break to put up points. Adams, Brown, and Dinwiddie are all 6'5" guards who are going to force teams to put their bigger, slower defenders on Roberson and we all saw how well that worked for Curtis Kelly in the Big 12 tourney last year. On top of all this, he seems coachable. I expect him to be a double/double machine this year no matter how good or bad we are.

Im confused here, why is everybody putting us so low? We aren't in the Big 12 anymore. We have a fresh start, a fresh young team with some senior leadership, size, speed, athleticism and great coaching. I can see us finishing 3rd easily with good contributions from the freshman.

Im confused here, why is everybody putting us so low? We aren't in the Big 12 anymore. We have a fresh start, a fresh young team with some senior leadership, size, speed, athleticism and great coaching. I can see us finishing 3rd easily with good contributions from the freshman.
Cause everybody on our team is unproven or proven to be mediocre except for Roberson, especially inside. Other teams have freshman too, and it isn't logical to assume all of ours are gonna be superstars and none of theirs are.

As SHT goes, so goes our season imho.

There are a LOT of unknowns. Plus, while everyone keeps talking up the Big XII and down the Pac-12, it's not like this conference is a joke. There are at least four tourney teams in the Pac-12, possibly 5. The Big XII will probably be good for 5 or 6 -- and some of that is hype. Plus, we're young & inexperienced. We're going to lose a few road games we shouldn't because of kids who arent' used to that pressure.

It's incredibly important that we protect the Foam Dome.

Okay I understand there are unknowns but were supposed to assume the unknowns will work out for us :lol: Tourney bound baby! Go Buffs

I have us down for 5th. And maybe I missed it but what is the good news about Chen? Is he now 7'2" and 285 lbs?

I have us down for 5th. And maybe I missed it but what is the good news about Chen? Is he now 7'2" and 285 lbs?

He is bigger. 'Nik, Golden & I all guesstimated he was about 6'6" now. And I can't remember if it was Pri or Coach T, but someone specifically brought him up on the list of players who have impressed this summer.

He is bigger. 'Nik, Golden & I all guesstimated he was about 6'6" now. And I can't remember if it was Pri or Coach T, but someone specifically brought him up on the list of players who have impressed this summer.

He's gotten tall enough to play wing, did good work in the weight room to get stronger and the reports have been that he has developed a more consistent jump shot. At the least, he's an energy guy who defends, rebounds and passes well from the wing. Always good to have that type of player in your rotations.

I think the media simply looks at how much we lost from last season and figures it will be a down year. It will be up to Boyle and the team to prove them wrong but there's no reason to expect anybody to give CU the benefit of the doubt.

1) Arizona
2) UCLA
3) Oregon
4) Washington
5) Colorado

I'd bump Washington up, move Oregon out, and put Cal at #4.

I don't think Oregon has any scoring other than Jabari Brown and I don't know that I trust a team with a freshman leading them.

Well to me, below Arizona and UCLA, the rest of the PAC doesn't have a big difference in skill players between the 3-6 or 7 spot. So it comes down to coaching for me. I think Oregon will surprise a few people, as well as you guys. Washington is my toss up, they could maybe take the league or even be lower.

Don't fail me Buffs. I don't like being wrong, so don't let me down during your conference play. You can totally not play well in the first round of the PR tip off :p

Back