What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Attendance for ASU

There are compelling reasons for people to choose to attend or not attend depending on the product quality. Let's try not be quite so judgmental of those that disagree on this point. A good number of our most loyal, longest running, and financially supporting fans are very fatigued right now. This is the worst period in the history of Colorado football. That's not an exaggeration. It is a statistical fact. It shouldn't be surprising that this causes some to choose to do other stuff with their time and money.

RG knows this, by the way. That is why we are seeing all of the tremendous support and progress off the field to build a winning culture and environment. With the right pieces in place, CU can be elite again and it takes more than the right coaching staff to do it in this era of football. I believe this will all pay off and Folsom will rock like it used to, but it is going to take a bit more time than we prefer.

Do these promos last minute-ish and you get more casual fans. Its a good move.

BTW, the CU Fan base may not be very proud of their team right now, but we can definitely be proud of Folsom.

I am so hyped for this game, and I know I shouldn't be. I love the home opener.

There are compelling reasons for people to choose to attend or not attend depending on the product quality. Let's try not be quite so judgmental of those that disagree on this point. A good number of our most loyal, longest running, and financially supporting fans are very fatigued right now. This is the worst period in the history of Colorado football. That's not an exaggeration. It is a statistical fact. It shouldn't be surprising that this causes some to choose to do other stuff with their time and money.

RG knows this, by the way. That is why we are seeing all of the tremendous support and progress off the field to build a winning culture and environment. With the right pieces in place, CU can be elite again and it takes more than the right coaching staff to do it in this era of football. I believe this will all pay off and Folsom will rock like it used to, but it is going to take a bit more time than we prefer.

Let's be honest. A larger, drunker, louder Folsum won't hurt anything. And probably help the team if the crowd has a loud raucous attitude toward the opponents, and loses their collective minds when CU makes a great play. I'm excited to see the change

Let's be honest. A larger, drunker, louder Folsum won't hurt anything. And probably help the team if the crowd has a loud raucous attitude toward the opponents, and loses their collective minds when CU makes a great play. I'm excited to see the change

For sure. Anything to create a more hostile environment for the opponent. It used to be that our enemies feared playing at Folsom. It became mythically scary. We need every edge we can get.

Somebody's going to have to bite the bullet and push a grandma down some stairs tonight. We're left with no other options.

Piss balloons and "marshmallow-filled nails" are required. Lol. I miss hating the fuskers and their silly stories.

At DIA. Have seen 4 traveling parties in ASU gear. No other parties in CU gear seen.

CSU ad "This State is OUR State" :puke:

BTW for 3 quarters, the crowd was the best I have seen at a CU football game in a loooonnnggg time. Especially the crowd at kickoff. Didn't hurt that the game started a few minutes late. More paying customers than I expected to see.

A chance at a win and a beautiful day at Folsom on Saturday against Hawaii and maybe we can keep the fans in there the whole game. You could tell how much the fans, especially the students, energized the team. There presence was missed while we tried the comeback in the 4th.

lots of people left early, yours truly included. I think most people left a bit early, but CU fans have been conditioned to do that i guess. I was goddamn impressed by the turnout of the students. Not sure what went into that, but I hope it's a sign of good things to come for our students.

That said, I'm almost certain the UH game will be depressing.

8 pm starts are brutal on families with younger kids. Had several friends who decided not to stick it out past the 3rd when it wasn't all that close and the kids were passing out.

As bad as our attendance is, it's still holding up all things considered. UVA had 34k yesterday against #21 Louisville. This is a program that was drawing over 60k on a regular basis not long ago. Attendance is down virtually across the board in CFB.

Hopefully parents' weekend prevents too horrendous of a crowd for Saturday. Also by far the best chance of a home win.

I didn't think that many people would show up.

Night game with new-look Folsom + ASU one of the best traveling Pac teams. That was one thing about the Big XII, we always got a boost by a few thousand from visitors. Pac schools just do not travel, even to their own stadiums in some cases. Hell, Stanford was lucky to hit 40k even with Andrew Luck and a top 5 team.

Did you see Stanford's stadium this week?! It was a good 25k.

Yeah, I thought there would be more than 38k judging by the crowd halfway through the first quarter.

Looked over 40k during the 2nd quarter. Maybe it was all the black.
In before someone calls you a racist.

I was impressed with the crowd as a whole and especially happy to see the students show up. They were into it and had good energy for the 1st half. If Adkins hadn't turned over the ball just before half, and we go into half time down 3, or possibly tied, I'm guessing the energy would have stayed up for the 2nd half. As someone who stays for all 4 quarters, it was disappointing to see so many people leave early, but I get the fact that it was getting late. That just meant that there was going to be more room for me when I rushed the field after the upset win!

In before someone calls you a racist.

I was impressed with the crowd as a whole and especially happy to see the students show up. They were into it and had good energy for the 1st half. If Adkins hadn't turned over the ball just before half, and we go into half time down 3, or possibly tied, I'm guessing the energy would have stayed up for the 2nd half. As someone who stays for all 4 quarters, it was disappointing to see so many people leave early, but I get the fact that it was getting late. That just meant that there was going to be more room for me when I rushed the field after the upset win!

If the energy had remained high in the 4th quarter, we might have won that game. The D was feeding off of it all game. Once they started stopping ASU, the crowd energy was giving them some swagger.

Back