What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Attrition Thread

DeNiro

My Dixie Wrecked
Let's put it all here to keep it organized. Winter weight program starts January 14th and we'll know more as we get closer to that date.

The first one hurts quite a bit, but explains a lot of our initial recruiting.

Let's put it all here to keep it organized. Winter weight program starts January 14th and we'll know more as we get closer to that date.

Really hate to lose him. Hope he does well unless he is playing us v

This sucks!
Good player
Did they tell him he would play DT, instead of End?
Could easily see Oklahoma State tampering, but oh well

It’s funny, I remember the same sentiment last year and after the game all your fans wanted to talk about was #twistgate
Clearly you haven't seen what Vegas thinks. We're playing the likely 2019-2020 season National Champs here in Boulder, CU stands nary a chance. Probably the next Heisman winner in Adrian "twisted knee" Martinez as well. And with Scott "Better than Dabo" Frost at the helm, they will be contending for championships year in and year out.

Clearly you haven't seen what Vegas thinks. We're playing the likely 2019-2020 season National Champs here in Boulder, CU stands nary a chance. Probably the next Heisman winner in Adrian "twisted knee" Martinez as well. And with Scott "Better than Dabo" Frost at the helm, they will be contending for championships year in and year out.

Wait... the Nubs didn't win the Natty this year? I can't wait to watch "I'm going to fake slide" Martinez get his bell rung this year. A.sshole.

So it will be even better when CU wins!

CU wouldn't have any luck if we didn't have bad luck. I just take it as a given that the attrition and injuries will always happen at the positions where we can least afford it.

Are Fillip and Haigler leaving legit? That would be less than ideal.
This is legit. I posted in Barzil earlier today.

We need to change the culture of our OL. Based on the performance the last 2 seasons, everyone we had is just a name on a list -- not real depth. I'm fine with attrition. Don't care if we end up starting 5 guys who are all under 6'5" if they are big, strong and tough. Ideally, we want to have some guys with natural builds for OT starting at those 2 spots but I can live without that as we recruit toward the future as long as we fix the "soft" issue we've had.

P.S. I'm not saying that anyone who we have lost or will lose is soft. I'm saying that there's a toughness developed within any group when things are made really difficult and stressful, then a certain number of guys pull together and get through the other side together.

Back