What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Aussie Harris-Tunks aims to fill CU Buffs' void at center

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
By Ryan Thorburn Camera Sports Writer

Posted: 09/27/2009 12:04:42 AM MDT
[video=youtube;33lpY32vHZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33lpY32vHZ4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Shane Harris-Tunks is still getting used to American rules football. The 6-foot-11 center from Australia got his first taste of our nation`s pastime when Colorado opened the season against Colorado State at Folsom Field earlier this month.

"I was a little disappointed because we didn`t get the win," Harris-Tunks

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13431006

Crawford needs to step up this year, because I really don't think Tunks is going to play a lot. He's just so skinny...who knows, maybe he'll surprise us all.

Crawford needs to step up this year, because I really don't think Tunks is going to play a lot. He's just so skinny...who knows, maybe he'll surprise us all.
I think he'll get plenty of PT, but I'm not so sure he'll be a starter. I'm looking forward to see how Eckloff has progressed.

We really need him to be a contributor this year. We really need a big guy to alter shots and be an active help defender. Rebounding too. We don't need him to score. We've got a lot of guys that can put up points playing the 1,2,3 and 4.

We really need him to be a contributor this year. We really need a big guy to alter shots and be an active help defender. Rebounding too. We don't need him to score. We've got a lot of guys that can put up points playing the 1,2,3 and 4.

as much as anything, the last two years (minus experience) the thing we've needed was someone who could hit the boards, play some interior D, and give us 5 legit fouls in the paint. all respect to JJW's great effort last year but he just couldn't do it by himself against the Aldrich, Pittman, Brackins, Griffin's of the league.

I'm not expecting too much out of him right now. Given that he'll be a 6'11'' 225 pound true freshman... I dunno. Just seems like a player that'll need a couple of seasons to gain some weight and get comfortable with Big 12 play. I hope I'm wrong.

I am having a good feeling about this season and with the lower expectations for MBB versus the expectations for football at CU, I like CU's chances at going .500 this season. That would be a very encouraging sign for CU fans.

:gobuffs:

I have good feelings abotu this bball season as well. They hung tough for 3/4 of most games last year with few/if any blowouts. Excited to see how the bball specific Strength coach, and the influx of new talent, affects the team this year.

I have good feelings abotu this bball season as well. They hung tough for 3/4 of most games last year with few/if any blowouts. Excited to see how the bball specific Strength coach, and the influx of new talent, affects the team this year.

Yep.

No question we're better. Are we enough better to get to a postseason tourney? I don't know, but I'm getting pretty excited to find out.

Back