What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Austin sports columnist: "70% chance UT moves to Pac, 30% chance it stays"

The only way UT is ready to jump ship to the Pac is if the LHN is a complete failure. Knowing Texas pride, they'd want to make the move before that became public knowledge so they could spin it to look like they were coming from a position of strength (out of proportion to their actual leverage, which is huge... but the truth isn't as satisfying as believing Texas tall tales about themselves).

When UT joins the Pac you can pretty much be guaranteed that they will bring another Texas school with them, and TT is the logical choice since A&M is headed to the SEC.

TT has a history with Arizona and Arizona State. They were in the "Border Conference" with them from the 30s through the 60s (along with New Mexico, NMSU, UTEP and a couple others that are no longer D1). They're also working their way toward Tier 1 status as a research university. They wouldn't be a bad choice at all once you get past the Lubbock roadie consideration - if you can.

TT has a history with Arizona and Arizona State. They were in the "Border Conference" with them from the 30s through the 60s (along with New Mexico, NMSU, UTEP and a couple others that are no longer D1). They're also working their way toward Tier 1 status as a research university. They wouldn't be a bad choice at all once you get past the Lubbock roadie consideration - if you can.

I've said this a bunch of times, but they're going to be a very good football team in the next few years. Tubberville is killing it on the recruiting trail.

I would like to Texas, Texas Tech. and Baylor go to the Pac. that would do 2 things.
1) Keep them out of the B1G
2) Piss you all off:lol:

I would like to Texas, Texas Tech. and Baylor go to the Pac. that would do 2 things.

I hope that the Big 10 takes KSU. That way you guys might have some academic bragging rights. Best of luck.

The TTU rivalry with Arizona/Arizona State is overrated. Techies could care less now and vice versa.

Just curious.... what do you think Baylor has to offer the Pac? to use a quote from Adam Sandler in Big Daddy....

Baylor and Pac-12 go together like "Lamb & Tuna Fish."

No way Texas and TT come in unless the whorns agree to play ball, the commish has said so repeatedly. They will have to turn over their network to the Pac-12 Network and it will become another region and Texas has to agree to equal revenue sharing. No if's and's or but's. Plus if it comes down to it I dont think the pac-12 ad's want Texas at this point in time anyway.
Texas will go independent like ND, no way those greedy bastards agree to equal revenue sharing. MU and A&M will go to SEC next year.

Kind of like CU and UU?

Not quite, but yes. We do have a bigger history with UU and culturally/geographically speaking, there has always been a rivalry between CO and UT as states. West Texas and Arizona?? There is no connection other than TTU playing UA ~30 times many many moons ago. And I've never heard the Techies mention those schools and I've hung out with plenty. JMO.

I feel honored that a school like Texas and their SWC brethren would even consider associating themselves with the likes of us. We should relish the chance to replace games in LA, Pasadena, Berkeley, and Palo Alto with unforgettable roadies to Waco, Stillwater, Lubbock, Austin, and Norman. What sane program wouldn't? Hey, we'd still get to go to CA every now and then. Being close to the Longhorns is so much more important than playing in front of alumni.

I shouldn't have even started to read this thread; I'm having a hard time keeping my dinner down.

Just say NO.

As much as I don't particularly trust Texas, we should take them (as an equal member). The only 2 conferences that I think have more power than us are the Big 101112 and SEC. They have a multitude of power power schools:

Big can't count: Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, Wisconsin
SEC: Florida, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Alabama

Pac12: USC, Oregon, ............Washington?

If the PAC16 were to boast powers such as USC, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon, Washington, I think we'd compare much more favorably.

Weren't we praising Larry Scott and CU for being proactive instead of reactive? Somebody's going to get OU. I don't want it to be the SEC or the Big Televelve. Get em. Get while the gettin's good

I think the Texas panic may be a bit premature. First, aTm needs to secede before this discussion is even relevant. The Big 12 still has time to digest what is going on and extend feelers to new potential members. Personally, I think UT still wants the Big 12 intact and to be able to maintain their own network. On that note, I don't think it is as easy as joining the Pac and folding the LHN in as a regional Pac 16 network channel. ESPN owns that network and may not agree to such a change. Lots of stuff to be looked at first.

I already miss these guys. Mark my words, in 10 years there will be little to none of our traditional smack-talking. We will no longer be relevant to each other. (I am talking about our corny neighbors to the north)

There's enough teams out there that would be prefectly happy being Texas's bitch and join the big 12 - X to get a BCS AQ bid that I think they'll survive (**cough BYU cough**)

There's enough teams out there that would be prefectly happy being Texas's bitch and join the big 12 - X to get a BCS AQ bid that I think they'll survive (**cough BYU cough**)

I think the Texas panic may be a bit premature. First, aTm needs to secede before this discussion is even relevant. The Big 12 still has time to digest what is going on and extend feelers to new potential members. Personally, I think UT still wants the Big 12 intact and to be able to maintain their own network. On that note, I don't think it is as easy as joining the Pac and folding the LHN in as a regional Pac 16 network channel. ESPN owns that network and may not agree to such a change. Lots of stuff to be looked at first.

All of the talk about the Big "12" surviving by adding a replacement member is moot if aTm actually ends up in the SEC. As soon as one conference goes to 16, the others will follow suit and the Big "12" will be no more. I really wish it weren't true but I don't think it would happen any other way.

That being said though, in my Buff-colored glasses version of the world, the SEC takes aTm and someone else from the east and holds steady at 14 for now. That's the only scenario where there are no further dominoes beyond a new Big "12" team coming in (SMU, Houston, or BYU I think). If the SEC adds two Big "12" members OR goes to 16, then **** goes down.

I think that a Pac-16 is probably inevitable but I'd really like to put it off as much as possible for two reasons. The first is the obvious "We don't want to join the Big 12 South" issue but the other one is a bit more subtle. I think the longer Texass stays in the Big "12", the better the chances it will show some contrition when the dominoes do finally fall.

Last edited:
Back