What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Austin Vincent, ex-CU Buffs receiver, sentenced to 5 years probation for indecent exp

I never said I'd be ok with it. Vincent needs an attitude adjustment upside the head (although that would also be assault these days).

I'm not excusing his actions in the least.

I just think that, based on what I know about the case, it's going overboard to call him a sexual predator or to say that this was a violent sexual assault.

I'm at a loss for words here.

I think being labeled "a sexual predator" is way, way too light...

I think it was a violent sexual assault.

And for any man who is reading this and thinks it's a joke or harmless prank to do something like this to a girl or a woman, just know that there are men like me who will go to any length at any cost to assure this doesn't occur a second time.

I do not take it lightly when I say I would kill somebody who perpetrates this onto a female I know. But I would hunt down and kill the person who did this and thought it was okay. For real.

Violent sexual predator? A given. Rehab? A hollow-tipped silver bullet should do the trick...

I'm at a loss for words here.

I think being labeled "a sexual predator" is way, way too light...

I think it was a violent sexual assault.

And for any man who is reading this and thinks it's a joke or harmless prank to do something like this to a girl or a woman, just know that there are men like me who will go to any length at any cost to assure this doesn't occur a second time.

I do not take it lightly when I say I would kill somebody who perpetrates this onto a female I know. But I would hunt down and kill the person who did this and thought it was okay. For real.

Violent sexual predator? A given. Rehab? A hollow-tipped silver bullet should do the trick...

Yeah. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

This doesn't sound like something to kill someone over:

Austin Traig Vincent, 20, who pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor indecent exposure in April, will also have to register as a sex offender.

Vincent was arrested in November 2011 when a then-18-year-old female student said she was taking a shower in the women's restroom at Willard Hall when she heard a man enter the restroom and announce he was going to take a shower. The woman said the man, identified as Vincent, then opened the curtain to her shower stall and stood before her naked as she tried to cover herself up with the curtain.

Maybe it's the act of someone at risk for escalating behavior that would lead to violent assault if it's not checked and harshly dealt with now. Could also be a lot of other things going on in that situation and in his head down to the level of it just being a guy who thought he was being funny but was too immature and lacking in critical thinking skills to understand what a ****ed up choice this was. I don't know. I'm a bit surprised that, based on what was in that article, you say you do know and that he needs to be put down over this.

I'm going to move on now, but just to be clear, I'm not defending Vincent's actions or saying I believe it was a harmless prank. What I'm saying is that I see a big range of potential explanations for what happened and don't have enough information to be able to say what it was. And that within that, the punishment of having to register as a sex offender would be something that's on the far end of the range and not something that I see as justified based on what was reported... because the only charge he has been found guilty of is Misdemeanor Indecent Exposure.

I've actually been in her shoes before. When I was in high school, I was taking a shower at a friends house in what I believed to be a private bathroom. A different guy, who I did not know and who was much bigger and stronger than me, entered the bathroom, opened the shower curtain and exclaimed while fully nude himself, "You don't care that I join you, right?" I freaked out a bit, told him to get the **** out, and then continued my shower after he did. I guess I should have taken this more seriously and had my parents kill him.

Damn it. I spend a day away from Allbuffs and now I'm lumped in with this? :wtf:

:lol: I want to add that I didn't poop in the park. After that seeing those kids I puckered up and made it to a gas station.

This is why I kept my mouth shut in my women and gender class. My definition of violent is just different. I think it debases the word and also detracts from the horror of what happens to those who've been physically attacked. This was an aggressive sexual act, but it wasn't violent.

Rape is not a sexual crime. It's a violent crime where you come at the end. /Ace Carolla

I've actually been in her shoes before. When I was in high school, I was taking a shower at a friends house in what I believed to be a private bathroom. A different guy, who I did not know and who was much bigger and stronger than me, entered the bathroom, opened the shower curtain and exclaimed while fully nude himself, "You don't care that I join you, right?" I freaked out a bit, told him to get the **** out, and then continued my shower after he did. I guess I should have taken this more seriously and had my parents kill him.

Did he look like Jerry Sandusky?

Bad joke but your post makes a point. Even in a semi-public place like a dorm bathroom or in a place like your friends house the shower is a place where people have an expectation of a certain degree of privacy and security. You can be at your most relaxed and off-guard.

When somebody intrudes it is similar to a form of personal violation. For this young woman, naked in a shower to suddenly be confronted with a naked young man, completely uninvited, who she doesn't know could be a tremendous shock, something that she won't get over easily.

Did he look like Jerry Sandusky?

Bad joke but your post makes a point. Even in a semi-public place like a dorm bathroom or in a place like your friends house the shower is a place where people have an expectation of a certain degree of privacy and security. You can be at your most relaxed and off-guard.

When somebody intrudes it is similar to a form of personal violation. For this young woman, naked in a shower to suddenly be confronted with a naked young man, completely uninvited, who she doesn't know could be a tremendous shock, something that she won't get over easily.

It wasn't a violent act, but she wouldn't be wrong in perceiving a threat of violence.

It wasn't a violent act, but she wouldn't be wrong in perceiving a threat of violence.

^^This^^

It isn't entirely about what actually happened. It is also about what she thought might have happened.

AV committed a crime. He obviously has some issues. But whack him? Maybe just a little extreme. I'd probably go with beat the piss out of him and threaten his life, without actually killing him...but that is just me.

Naked defenseless girl in a shower having it ripped open with a naked man coming at her?

Really? You okay with this happening to Nikita?

If this ever happens to any female member of my family I will kill the bastard who perpetrated it...

It's absolutely violent. Taking security away from an adolescent female while naked and vulnerable in a shower while at college. Nothing sexual? Really? It's not sexual when you're showering naked and a predator comes at you naked?

Again, if this ever happens to a female member of my household (God forbid)... I will kill the perpetrator. Period.

Dude got off easy. If he did this to my daughter he'd be dead already...
Bing****ingo! I'd beat him with a ball bat until they had to use dental records to find out who he was.

Bing****ingo! I'd beat him with a ball bat until they had to use dental records to find out who he was.

I reserve this type of hate for pedophiles/rapists. Did he rape her? No. Could he have? Probably. Not saying I commend him for not raping her, but despite making a horribly foolish decision to put her in an uncomfortable place (not the back of a volkswagon), he did not physically harm the victim. What he thought was a funny prank was a crime and he is being punished for it. To kill the guy though? That's more insane than what he did.

I reserve this type of hate for pedophiles/rapists. Did he rape her? No. Could he have? Probably. Not saying I commend him for not raping her, but despite making a horribly foolish decision to put her in an uncomfortable place (not the back of a volkswagon), he did not physically harm the victim. What he thought was a funny prank was a crime and he is being punished for it. To kill the guy though? That's more insane than what he did.
Probably, but it's my family.

Probably, but it's my family.

And it's entirely possible someone that girl has been consensual with has acted more inappropriately and disrespected her more than AV has. I'm extremely protective of my family, but even putting them in this type of scenario I can't get the "must kill" attitude. Yes, I would be upset and want to punch the ****er in the face, but that's enough.

And it's entirely possible someone that girl has been consensual with has acted more inappropriately and disrespected her more than AV has. I'm extremely protective of my family, but even putting them in this type of scenario I can't get the "must kill" attitude. Yes, I would be upset and want to punch the ****er in the face, but that's enough.

Rugged, I don't think Superior would actually murder the guy. But when he got the call from his little girl who was in tears thoughts of murder would certainly flash before his eyes.

Rugged, I don't think Superior would actually murder the guy. But when he got the call from his little girl who was in tears thoughts of murder would certainly flash before his eyes.

He and DD both said they would kill the guy. I don't think they actually would either, but they aren't saying they would want to kill the guy. They are saying he would be dead because of them. I wouldn't be arguing right now if they said it the way you just said it, that they would have the urge initially, but then calm down and be rational. They are saying what AV did is so horrible they would end his life.

Changing the subject. Awesome you two! When is the due date?

We're not expecting at this time...

And perhaps my comments about killing the guy were a little overboard. It would probably depend on what exactly occurred and my present state of mind, but I would not be above it if my family was harmed. I really hope I never find out how I would act.

I do think it is a violent act, even if no physical harm occurs. Same as waterboarding in a lot of ways. Psychological damage is a lot worse than physical damage because it doesn't heal as quickly or thoroughly as the body does... basically it impacts the entire remainder of your life significantly more than any physical damage would.

I have a friend who busted into a room completely naked (except for an American flag bandanna), where another friend was having sex with a girl and he exclaimed, "I'm here for the gangbang." He saw her naked and she saw him naked and he didn't do anything except for leave the room and close the door. It was just a prank joke, but I guess if she wanted she could have pressed charges and gotten him registered as a sex offender. If she were your daughter, would you be more pissed at the guy who opened the door, or the guy who was having sex with your daughter doggy style and pushing her face into a pillow in the corner of the room?

I know it is a different scenario, but it is somewhat similar and I'm still curious.

Rugged thinks hyperbole is the worst thing in the universe.

Yes. I'm going to kill the next person who uses it.

EDIT: ****. I fell right into that trap. Welp, see y'all in hell. Someone call my parents in an hour and let them know I had to kill myself because of the internet.

Yes. I'm going to kill the next person who uses it.

EDIT: ****. I fell right into that trap. Welp, see y'all in hell. Someone call my parents in an hour and let them know I had to kill myself because of the internet.
This road trip just got easier.

I have a friend who busted into a room completely naked (except for an American flag bandanna), where another friend was having sex with a girl and he exclaimed, "I'm here for the gangbang." He saw her naked and she saw him naked and he didn't do anything except for leave the room and close the door. It was just a prank joke, but I guess if she wanted she could have pressed charges and gotten him registered as a sex offender. If she were your daughter, would you be more pissed at the guy who opened the door, or the guy who was having sex with your daughter doggy style and pushing her face into a pillow in the corner of the room?

I know it is a different scenario, but it is somewhat similar and I'm still curious.
I can't answer the question without pictures....

Lefty seems pretty eager to see Rugged wearing nothing but a bandana. NTTAWWT

If it was me I would have said so. If I'm too afraid to share a story about myself, I just won't share it.

Rugged, the situation hasn't come up and I pray it doesn't. I do have a hard time thinking that I wouldn't take a bat to him. It would probably take my daughter's convincing me not to do it.

Back